Sweet comeback: Allen's brings childhood favourite lollies back in stock

Nostalgia is a powerful feeling, especially when it comes to the tastes of our childhood.

For many Australians, mentioning certain lolly brands can transport us back to the corner store after school or to the pantry of a doting grandparent.

That's why a confectionery's recent announcement sent waves of excitement across the nation as two iconic lollies make their triumphant return to the shelves.

Allen's brought two iconic lollies—Spearmint Leaves and Sherbies—back to life, much to the delight of sweet-toothed fans everywhere.

These treats, which hold a special place in Aussies' hearts and taste buds, have been sorely missed since their disappearance.

Spearmint Leaves, the green leaf-shaped gummies with their distinctively polarising spearmint flavour, are set to come back in August.

compressed-allens.jpeg
Allen's brought back two lollies in production, and will be available on select retailers nationwide. Image Credits: Woolworths, Drakes

While some liken the taste to toothpaste, others revel in the sweet, chewy tang these lollies offer.

In a surprising twist, Allen's also relaunched Sherbies—the tangy orange-flavoured chews with a fizzy sherbet centre.

Melanie Chen, Nestlé Oceania Head of Marketing Confectionery, expressed the brand's excitement about bringing back Allen's Spearmint Leaves.

'We know mint fans love the sweet, chewy tang of Spearmint Leaves, and it is a favourite decoration among bakers. What's more, it's vegan-friendly!' she said.

'Allen's Spearmint Leaves will be available exclusively at Woolworths and independent supermarkets, so get in quick.'

Chen also shared the 'extra sweet, sweet news' that Allen's Sherbies are back, ready for chewy lolly lovers to enjoy.

Sherbies will be available in all major retailers for $5 per 150g packet.

News about the lollies' comeback has sent customers into a spin, with many expressing their joy on social media.

The Grocery Geek Australia broke the news on social media, and the response was immediate.

Aussies rejoiced, with a clear majority preferring Sherbies over Spearmint Leaves.

In the wake of these returns, some commented about other lollies they missed.

'So they're bringing back Spearmint leaves but got rid of Fantales?' one asked.

This is not the first time Allen's has stirred up nostalgia among its fans.

Earlier this year, comedian Tanya Hennessy shared the 'distressing news' about the real flavours of Allen's snake lollies.

It turns out the orange snake is apricot-flavoured, and the green snake is zesty lemon, with other flavours including strawberry, blackberry, and pineapple.

This revelation left many Aussies' mind blown'.

The return of these classic lollies is more than a marketing move; it's a revival of cherished memories and a celebration of Australian confectionery history.

As we welcome back these sweets, we're reminded of the simple joys that come from a familiar flavour, a shared experience, and the sweet taste of the past.
Key Takeaways

• Allen's confectionery will re-release two iconic Australian lollies nationwide, sparking excitement among fans.
  • Spearmint Leaves will return to shelves in August, while Sherbies are already available at $5 per 150g packet.
  • The re-release received mixed reactions, with some expressing disappointment over other discontinued products such as Fantales.
  • The Spearmint Leaves will be sold exclusively at Woolworths and independent supermarkets.
What are your favourite childhood lollies? Are there any other classic treats you'd love to see on the shelves again? Share your sweetest memories and wish list with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Use to eat these all the time but thanks to Allens' removing them I have gotten use to not having or eating them and many other lollies. All I can say is Thank you for bringing them back, but I thank you more for letting me change my eating habits and saving money.

Sherbies are my all time favourite lollies, never realised they were out of circulation as my son usually bought me a very very large packet from a Lolly warehouse that kept me going for a good couple of yrs, not long ran out actually. Both my sons are huge fans of the Allen's Spearmint lollies so they will be thrilled by the comeback.