@ Suzanne Rose 🌹 I am taking your advice and posting a couple of recipes.

Ginger Boiled Fruit Cake
1kg mixed dried fruit
375ml(1.5cups) ginger beer
1cup caster sugar
250g butter
4eggs lightly beaten
2cups Sr flour
Place fruit ,ginger beer, sugar, butter in a saucepan ,bring to the boil and stir until butter has melted and sugar dissolved,
Set aside to cool
Preheat oven to 140 c. Grease a 20 cm cake tin and line base and sides with 2 layers of baking paper.
Stir eggs through the dried fruit mixture,and fold through the flour, pour into prepared tin and bake for 2 1/2 hrs ,or until a skewer inserted comes out clean . Note cover with foil if browning too quickly.

Sponsored
@Suzanne rose did I ever post that Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe back in my early days on SDC? There are so many variations. Beef, chicken, inclusion of other vegetables other than mushrooms and onion. I know your dislike for mushrooms but the base recipe is soooo rich!
how about posting a beef version for us Veggiepatch.....sans Mushrooms. Merci. 😉

Will do in the next few days. Do you like capsicum? That's a worthy replacement or even, in my case, an addition to mushrooms. In my posted Mongolian Lamb recipe, I included both mushrooms and capsicum as optional extras.
whatever, if you are doing one for Suzanne Rose, then I'm sure that one will be fine as she dislikes mushies as well. Over to you Mon CHEF. 👩‍🍳🙂

whatever, if you are doing one for Suzanne Rose, then I'm sure that one will be fine as she dislikes mushies as well. Over to you Mon CHEF. 👩‍🍳🙂
It's for everyone!! Fine tune my recipes at your pleasure but don't wander too much from the road well travelled. I hold no responsibility for recipe changes that bear little resemblance to the one I posted. ;)

@Suzanne rose did I ever post that Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe back in my early days on SDC? There are so many variations. Beef, chicken, inclusion of other vegetables other than mushrooms and onion. I know your dislike for mushrooms but the base recipe is soooo rich!
You should post it. I hate mushrooms but I cook them for my family. With so many things I make my daughter will say ' you know mushrooms would go so well in this.
That's ok because I don't eat most things I make.
I live on tuna salad or salad rolls

I'm looking forward to you posting your recipe.

how about posting a beef version for us Veggiepatch.....sans Mushrooms. Merci. 😉
@Leenie As you cook your amazing recipes try to take a photo and add to the recipes. If you have any trouble just ask one of us to help you
@ Suzanne Rose 🌹 thank you 🙏 I will ask my daughter to show me how and if I fail will call on you for some help, so don’t expect miracles. Will try my best.p

Am going to give this recipe a try tomorrow. My mother-in-law used to make a nice boiled fruit cake, but I've misplaced the recipe
It sounded similar but without the ginger beer, but I'm going to try this one, I love ginger beer.
Thank you,😃