Sunrise weatherman gets hearts pounding in a risky on-air stunt

Who doesn’t enjoy a bit of good-natured fun?

During our younger days we all had our small thrills that gave us adrenaline rushes.

For our loved ones on the sidelines though, they see it as someone taking unnecessary risks. Even your average bystander might have some opinions too!

Sam Mac, the weatherman on the morning show Sunrise, got our hearts beating faster when he joined in on one such stunt.

Australian stunt rider Ryan Williams, known for his acrobatic feats on two-wheeled vehicles like bikes and scooters, joined the show last October 10 to promote the upcoming Nitro World Games to be held in Brisbane on the 22nd and 23rd featuring participants from the world over.

Just to give a taste of what to expect, Ryan performed a small — but no less risky — trick by driving his bike up a ramp.

LSfi7JWQz6TFWBRTlZrMydcRMcDhmo6hPz7W683etD3joHcJhEgLkRKxv2yz0cvnTP8fcI7rfunespnovrazdJq55IoqxiGIfc0dOyPMSJIxIEtuK62KtY0IqQyOsqSnyNBive0gjnKZ8sfQUCpgx0ANzG_llVxawkAKbYLaYW5okDnWIdqtNk-xUg

Ryan gives Sam brief instructions before the stunt. Credit: Facebook/Sunrise

The catch though is Sam positioned himself at Ryan’s instructions just beyond the edge of the ramp where he risked getting hit in the face full-on if things went awry.

‘You’re not too tall… It’s all good,’ said Ryan.

‘This would have been better if it was Grant Denyer, you’re much safer,’ joked Sam in return.

Ryan also offered his reassurances to the nervous weatherman: ‘I promise as long as you don’t do anything, I should make it over.’

But Sam told viewers: ‘Did you hear him? The keyword there was “I should make this”...’

All things set, Ryan pedalled his bike quickly, but not without a reminder uttered in haste to Sam: ‘Don’t lean your head forward, otherwise I might take it off!’

Ryan then manages to make a high arc off the ramp, easily clearing Sam’s head.

Thankfully, there were no heads nearly taken off by a man on a speeding bike!

Afterwards, Sam was all smiles and laughter as he said: ‘It’s really easy to say “Stay still” while a tire is coming (at your head) like this — but I trusted Ryan because he’s a legend.’

rtRKV4Us8Mry7xeDmWKsADa0RKOlZlThtcjmJ8qyl6d2RbXjhDFU15hcqVhV6C_MZI2uHDPD4nqPE3TpItSIPlCzOo8tDZiyKp4fYxbiVYjaamlqEYP-sO0RieLhfu4-N5MZ38Ffs0kRBBhItCmxkz0x9lvppIpKZ28UlG__1A_ndK4fCV1XiLF-SA

All was well after Ryan and Sam’s stunt. Credit: Facebook/Sunrise

Some, however, noticed one thing in the stunt.

On Sunrise’s Facebook page, one user wrote: ‘Shouldn’t Sam be the one wearing the helmet??!!’ Good point!

Another user, clearly not a fan of Sam, said: ‘When did he stop being the weather presenter, he’s more out for sensational acts these days.’

The Sunrise weatherman just returned to the show after his wife gave birth to a beautiful daughter named Margot Grace McMillan last September.

Source: Instagram/@sammacinsta

‘I’m the happiest man on the planet right now,’ he wrote of his second daughter’s birth.

‘If anyone needs me, my schedule for the next while will be: looking in awe at Bec; looking in awe at Margot; crying, and repeat.’

It’s not the first time Sam has found himself in odd morning show antics. Last August, he gave the public a view of his ‘first llama kiss’ (you read that right!).

Co-presenter Katie Brown also had herself pulled by a car on-air when she replaced Sam temporarily for his paternal leave.

In the meantime, maybe just stay away from stunts for the kids’ sake, Sam?

Source: Facebook/Sunrise

What do you think of Sam’s latest stunt? Do you agree that features like this should be included in morning shows?

Let us know your thoughts and opinions by sharing them below!

Sponsored
My nephew was a sports reporter for The ABC and SBS now his a sports reporter for fox sport. They might know each other
Was he based in Sydney or Melbourne? My son is in Melbourne as that's where ABC Breakfast comes from, all the rest of the morning he does live crosses to Sydney.

Was he based in Sydney or Melbourne? My son is in Melbourne as that's where ABC Breakfast comes from, all the rest of the morning he does live crosses to Sydney.
Before he married was in Melbourne for awhile but for about 7 years he has been in Sydney. He was a sport journalist worked for SBS ABC foxsport but just found out he is the producer for SBS world News

Wow, you must be proud!:)
His sister is doing something similar. His done well but so has many many others the main thing is he is down to earth and a very kind man.
My son inlaw was shocked when he came to mine.
He was sitting in our family room when a ex premier of nsw walked through, and said hi everyone, is your dad out the back. He was sitting there and said omg was is that.....

Another time we were having a BBQ and an ex cricket captain of Australia dropped something off and my son inlaw again was stunned.
They are just normal people with jobs in the public eye. Neither of them put themselves on a pedal stool and we dont even give it a second thought until someone brings it up like my son inlaw

You must be very proud of your son. It so good when they make something of their life.
Just as I'm proud of what my sons have achieved, a builder, a principal a very successful commercial real estate agent a teacher and a delivery driver.

His sister is doing something similar. His done well but so has many many others the main thing is he is down to earth and a very kind man.
My son inlaw was shocked when he came to mine.
He was sitting in our family room when a ex premier of nsw walked through, and said hi everyone, is your dad out the back. He was sitting there and said omg was is that.....

Another time we were having a BBQ and an ex cricket captain of Australia dropped something off and my son inlaw again was stunned.
They are just normal people with jobs in the public eye. Neither of them put themselves on a pedal stool and we dont even give it a second thought until someone brings it up like my son inlaw

You must be very proud of your son. It so good when they make something of their life.
Just as I'm proud of what my sons have achieved, a builder, a principal a very successful commercial real estate agent a teacher and a delivery driver.
More than what he has achieved I am more proud of the man he has become. He has not let being in the public eye change him and always stops for a chat when someone recognises him. He has no airs and graces, what you see is what you get. He does an awful lot of work off camera that he doesn't get paid for, for charities and worthy causes. He also visits schools as a science communicator to light the spark in some of the kids. He is rightfully proud of his almost 13 years as an Officer in the Navy and wears his medals with pride each Anzac Day.

More than what he has achieved I am more proud of the man he has become. He has not let being in the public eye change him and always stops for a chat when someone recognises him. He has no airs and graces, what you see is what you get. He does an awful lot of work off camera that he doesn't get paid for, for charities and worthy causes. He also visits schools as a science communicator to light the spark in some of the kids. He is rightfully proud of his almost 13 years as an Officer in the Navy and wears his medals with pride each Anzac Day.
Isn't it good to sit back and think I did something right bringing them up . I'm always amazed at my kids .
I have only ever had struggles with my eldest son who sadly got into drugs at 17 but he has been clean for 22 years , he now helps others and loves his job as a delivery driver.

Isn't it good to sit back and think I did something right bringing them up . I'm always amazed at my kids .
I have only ever had struggles with my eldest son who sadly got into drugs at 17 but he has been clean for 22 years , he now helps others and loves his job as a delivery driver.
You must be super proud of your eldest, it's really hard to kick a drugs habit and to maintain it for so long is brilliant. Well done him!:)

Reactions: Jarred Santos
You must be super proud of your eldest, it's really hard to kick a drugs habit and to maintain it for so long is brilliant. Well done him!:)
That was such a dark time. We knew he was addicted but couldn't prove it , I wrote him a letter saying how much we loved him and would be there for him no matter what.
But we hated the things we knew he was doing.
Then 12 months later he woke my husband and asked for help and admitted to being addicted to heroin.
He went cold Turkey with the help of our doctor , 3 days of us holding him while he rolled around on his bed, sweating and screaming.
But we got though and he then spent a short time in rehab.
That was 22 years ago.
He recently told me he still has my letter and that is what actually made him realise how much he was hurting us.

So many people hide away what bad things happen in their family but I speak out to show people things happen not just to them and it's ok.

I've been told I don't have a filter but that's ok I am who I am

It's the same as I'm not embarrassed by my anxiety and depression which I'm battling atm, but I will win 🙏

That was such a dark time. We knew he was addicted but couldn't prove it , I wrote him a letter saying how much we loved him and would be there for him no matter what.
But we hated the things we knew he was doing.
Then 12 months later he woke my husband and asked for help and admitted to being addicted to heroin.
He went cold Turkey with the help of our doctor , 3 days of us holding him while he rolled around on his bed, sweating and screaming.
But we got though and he then spent a short time in rehab.
That was 22 years ago.
He recently told me he still has my letter and that is what actually made him realise how much he was hurting us.

So many people hide away what bad things happen in their family but I speak out to show people things happen not just to them and it's ok.

I've been told I don't have a filter but that's ok I am who I am

It's the same as I'm not embarrassed by my anxiety and depression which I'm battling atm, but I will win 🙏
For sure he thanks you everyday for not giving up!

And yes, you will win and we will all be here cheering you on @Suzanne rose!!!