Sunrise host Nat Barr lambasts fashion trend, says ‘I hate to sound old’

Sunrise host Nat Barr lambasts fashion trend, says ‘I hate to sound old’
Sunrise host Nat Barr took to Instagram to express her disapproval of a fashion trend that is currently ‘taking over’.

The Channel 7 star posted a photo of herself sporting a mint green cutout dress on Instagram on Tuesday.

The dress, which typically exposes your mid-region, is slowly taking the fashion world by storm as it gains more popularity among fashionistas.

However, as seen in her Instagram post, Ms Barr wore a belt over the exposed gap.

4Q6NWrHUUsE-W4ecEYU19Ka2XYIl81IEE4kAOTJWf5iBLgCj4BnBx_vZFhNbj965APKc-xdG00Owza4UeAsNbnzeL68kRRFMmpHqzx5-g5YRLqwxH8ilhPKOCKydCSZDOvx0dlA=s1600

The Sunrise host wears a belt over the exposed gap of a cutout dress, says she’s not a fan of cutouts. Credit: instagram.com/natalie_barr7

The host captioned the post with: “Ok girls… Anyone else struggling to find clothes without cutouts all over them!”

“I mean I hate to sound old but really, they’re taking over. Love the dress but had to hide this one under a belt this morning.”

She also added a facepalm emoji along with the hashtags ‘#attackofthecutouts’, ‘#hidethecutouts, and ‘#amIjustgettingold?’.

The post garnered reactions from the Sunrise host’s followers with some ‘totally agreeing’ with her opinion.

“I second that,” one follower wrote.

Another added: “I hear you, girlfriend!”.

A third wrote: “So many beautiful dresses but too many with cutouts”.

“Yesssss. I'm overweight and struggle to find clothes without the cutout,” replied another.

And another added: “Not every big girl wants to show off their body and not every small girl wants to show off theirs either.”

Participating in the discussion is Seven Early News presenter Jodie Spears who also shared her thoughts on the fashion trend in the comments.

The presenter wrote: “I did think it was an interesting new style choice when I saw it hanging in the dressing room!”

The Sunrise host’s post comes after she and fellow Sunrise co-star Edwina Bartholomew opened up about dealing with trolls online in an interview with New Idea.

“I think the easiest thing is to block them and not get sucked in,” Nat Barr said.

qljyQnRM-7TecT4Fzv67lTKrDDvi9n025A8RRlbp9YrNfD_faR4WND2djtnFxkryUgXMKbCvWFajzUyKW3vebZJCHJOvceGkYO7UF1klNCgRdcHgOdq5MK9NB44kF3tKNA_H8gg=s1600

Sunrise hosts Nat Barr and Edwina Bartholomew opened up about receiving hate from trolls online. Credit: Instagram/sevenstyling / Channel Seven

Meanwhile, becoming a mum to Molly in 2019 has changed Ms Bartholomew’s opinion on receiving hate online.

“I used to weigh into it a lot more and fixate on it, but it can be really bad for your mental health,” she explained.

“I take the same approach as Nat now and I tend to block, occasionally I engage if I think it’s informative… But I don’t go further down that rabbit hole because it’s a fruitless waste of time.”

What do you think of the cutout dress? Tell us in the comments below!

This article is based on an article written by Lachlan Guertin for Yahoo! Lifestyle Australia.

Sponsored
Who the hell is Nat Barr???????? Who cares?????? I thought this wa an Australia wide forum, not an outlet for channel 7 programs?

Yea not my cup.of tea. Coming from Natalie that has no idea how to dress unfortunately..By the way Nats I know it's hard to block trolls but stop.being such a heavy critic on Meghan M.
You reap what you sew.