Sunrise host Matt Shirvington suddenly strips down live on-air, reveals ‘secret’

Can you remember the last time you got so worked up and passionate over something that you pulled out all the stops just to make your excitement known?

Well, that’s exactly what Sunrise host Matt ‘Shirvo’ Shirvington did live on-air this week–to the surprise and delight of his fellow hosts.

The wild chain of events started Monday night when the Australian Matildas team beat Denmark 2-0 in the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup, securing a spot in the quarter-finals. Little did co-hosts Nat Barr, Edwina Bartholomew, and Mark Berretta know, as they began the Tuesday show, their work colleague had a secret plan!

As the show drew to a close, Shirvo surprised his colleagues by unbuttoning his suit and shirt while saying: 'Go Matildas! I’m getting into the spirit–look at this, I’ve had this on all show!'

Screenshot 2023-08-09 101026.png
Matt Shirvington joined Nat Barr as host of The Morning Show. Credit: @mattshirvo/Instagram

Confused about what was happening, Nat and Edwina initially backed away from their friend.

But as the cuffs of his shirt stuck, he revealed what he’d been hiding underneath–a gold Australia soccer jersey!

'This guy’s like Superman!' sports presenter Mark said.

But Shirvo’s little surprise didn’t go off as smoothly as intended, as his hands got caught in his shirt when he was removing it.

In reaction, The Morning Show host Larry Emdur, who was also patched in on Sunrise’s closing segment, shared an important piece of advice, 'Mate, I’ve got a tip for you–I’ve been on TV for 200 years,' Larry said. 'You didn’t allow for the cufflink! You didn’t think about it!'

Naturally, the lively segment led Nat to fire off a cautionary warning to The Morning Show star.

'Larry, don’t get any ideas!' she laughed.

Key Takeaways
  • Sunrise host Matt Shirvington dramatically stripped off his suit, shirt and tie live on-air to showcase his support for the Matildas.
  • The Australian soccer team had recently defeated Denmark 2-0 for a spot in the quarter-finals.
  • Shirvington's co-hosts were left speechless as he revealed his Australia soccer jersey underneath his clothes, cheering 'Go Matildas!'
  • The Morning Show host Larry Emdur cheekily offered Shirvington advice on better executing his dramatic strip, suggesting Shirvington had forgotten to account for his cufflinks.

Watch the video here:

It’s great to see the Matildas receiving such strong and enthusiastic support from one of Australia’s top self-proclaimed soccer fan! Good luck to them as they battle in the quarter-finals this week.

Dear members, what do you think of Shirvo’s expression of support? Have you or someone you know done something similar? ? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored
I am so sick of all the sport on Sunrise that I watch one news bulletin & then turn it off. Having 2 sports "freaks" on the panel has definitely led to a difference in reporting to what we had in the past. Let's get back to hearing about things other than sports.

Can you remember the last time you got so worked up and passionate over something that you pulled out all the stops just to make your excitement known?

Well, that’s exactly what Sunrise host Matt ‘Shirvo’ Shirvington did live on-air this week–to the surprise and delight of his fellow hosts.

The wild chain of events started Monday night when the Australian Matildas team beat Denmark 2-0 in the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup, securing a spot in the quarter-finals. Little did co-hosts Nat Barr, Edwina Bartholomew, and Mark Berretta know, as they began the Tuesday show, their work colleague had a secret plan!

As the show drew to a close, Shirvo surprised his colleagues by unbuttoning his suit and shirt while saying: 'Go Matildas! I’m getting into the spirit–look at this, I’ve had this on all show!'

View attachment 27017
Matt Shirvington joined Nat Barr as host of The Morning Show. Credit: @mattshirvo/Instagram

Confused about what was happening, Nat and Edwina initially backed away from their friend.

But as the cuffs of his shirt stuck, he revealed what he’d been hiding underneath–a gold Australia soccer jersey!

But Shirvo’s little surprise didn’t go off as smoothly as intended, as his hands got caught in his shirt when he was removing it.

In reaction, The Morning Show host Larry Emdur, who was also patched in on Sunrise’s closing segment, shared an important piece of advice, 'Mate, I’ve got a tip for you–I’ve been on TV for 200 years,' Larry said. 'You didn’t allow for the cufflink! You didn’t think about it!'

Naturally, the lively segment led Nat to fire off a cautionary warning to The Morning Show star.

Key Takeaways

• Sunrise host Matt Shirvington dramatically stripped off his suit, shirt and tie live on-air to showcase his support for the Matildas.
  • The Australian soccer team had recently defeated Denmark 2-0 for a spot in the quarter-finals.
  • Shirvington's co-hosts were left speechless as he revealed his Australia soccer jersey underneath his clothes, cheering 'Go Matildas!'
  • The Morning Show host Larry Emdur cheekily offered Shirvington advice on better executing his dramatic strip, suggesting Shirvington had forgotten to account for his cufflinks.

Watch the video here:

It’s great to see the Matildas receiving such strong and enthusiastic support from one of Australia’s top self-proclaimed soccer fan! Good luck to them as they battle in the quarter-finals this week.

Dear members, what do you think of Shirvo’s expression of support? Have you or someone you know done something similar? ? Let us know in the comments below.

Wow where getting desperate for ratings on sunrise The thins thes presenters do to capture audience and big note themselves well at least it wasn’t kochi lol

View attachment 27017

Key Takeaways

Watch the video here:

Love it. I too have never been so excited about soccer or a sport. Go tillies and shirvo.👏🏻👏🏻

Reactions: WADuck and IJH
Yes 👏 good on Shirvo for just being himself and showing his support for a wonderful team of players. More viewers should try smiling instead of being grouches on the couches.

Wow where getting desperate for ratings on sunrise The thins thes presenters do to capture audience and big note themselves well at least it wasn’t kochi lol
ShIrvo doesn’t need to do anything to be seen. He’s amazing just as he is. Good for him.

Reactions: WADuck
Bit of good clean fun in the morning hurt no one and getting his shirt caught in his cufflinks added to the humour. Good young people having fun lifts my dreary old day.

Reactions: barbaranne

View attachment 27017

Key Takeaways

Watch the video here:

why is it that these on the TV or so called stars need to expose themselevs. I am over seeing legs, tits and bellies. time for just a wee bit of decorum. soon clothes will be a thing of the past. Remember stars are in the sky.

Reactions: Leenie and elaine41
I think someone needs to look up the meaning of: stips down, removing a tie & shirt isn't stripping down.
Especially when the removal of said shirt displays a football shirt underneath. No stripping involved!

Makes u wonder what they have for brains.

View attachment 27017

Key Takeaways

Watch the video here:

BIG DEAL!!!! It's probably better he revealed a shirt underneath as a 'real' strip would have been gross anyway. Ain't no-one want to see anyone getting their gear off, not if you got brains anyway.

What is all the negativity for? Strips-down, undoes his shirt, has some fun, just words to lighten things up for us! So what; there are so many on this site that just want to criticise and in my opinion that’s just being negative all the time. Get a life, it’s all a bit of fun to lighten our days. I’m really quite disappointed to feel that there are so many of you that are so unhappy with your lives that you feel you need to take out your unhappiness on the rest of SDC’s members by grumbling about everything you read. If you don’t like it just get off the site for just a few minutes or do something to calm down.