Gorgeous photo . Do you have a whole garden bed of sunflowers 🌻 or just random ones.
I want to plant these with my granddaughter's. We haven't grown any for maybe 5 years now

• Love
Reactions: Marcy1
We were fortunate to have someone close to town plant a field full & allowed photography

We were fortunate to have someone close to town plant a field full & allowed photography
No unfortunately not but about an hour plus from me is a town Tolga & that’s what they do every year
They allow people to walk through with buckets & pick for a few $

Reactions: Suzanne rose
My parents planted out a small plot of sunflowers just behind the first house we owned, when I was 14yo.

Big mistake.

A flock of Sulphur Crested Cockatoos descended on them and stripped them of seeds, then proceed to strip the wood around the doors and windows.

Had a similar experiences with cockatoos in apartment buildings in Canberra and Sydney.

Some residents fed the birds and then were forced to stop by council rules, so the cockatoos 'punished' the residents for it, by ripping apart whatever they could.

One had decorated fixtures on the top of the exterior walls made with render over polystyrene, the other modern fly screens made from plastic 'wire'. Both were severely damaged, year after year.

Lesson learnt... don't feed cockatoos close to buildings.