Sumptuous Thai Chicken Curry

Sumptuous Thai Chicken Curry

thai-chicken-coconut-milk-2sm-5.jpg

Credits: Creme de la Crumb​

I love chicken, but fully admit that it can get a little boring sometimes. This dish is anything but boring! I was first introduced to it on a trip to Bangkok many years ago, and it quickly became one of my go-to recipes when I'm looking for something a little different.

The key to this dish is in the curry paste. You can find it in most Asian supermarkets or online. I like to make a big batch and keep it in the fridge so I can make this dish anytime I'm in the mood.

Ingredients:

- 500 grams chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red Thai curry paste
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of any rice (white or brown)
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves for garnish

Instructions:

1. Add 1/2 a cup of rice and 1 cup of water in a saucepan, bring to a boil, then simmer.

2. In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the curry paste and cook. Stir for 1 minute.

3. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until browned.

4. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, capsicums and carrot. Bring to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened. Keep a close eye on your rice because it'll be close to ready by now!

5. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Add this to the curry and cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened.

5. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve over steamed rice.

And voila! You now have a flavourful dish in less than 30 minutes! I’m telling you guys you're going to love this! Let us know in the comments section if you give this recipe a go!

Sponsored