Stressful day? Try these simple self-massaging hacks for relieving tension instead!

Looking to relieve stress and anxiety after a long day?

We have great news for you!

We collated some of the best self-massaging hacks for you to try when you're feeling tense from a long, stressful day.

Just a side note, we highly encourage our members to check with their doctor first before trying a new physical activity — including massages — as some techniques may not be suitable for you. Please do not take the following tips as medical advice.

1. Relieving neck pain

Credit: YouTube/Yoga Lifestyle with Melissa

Massage therapist Rachel Richards shares a hassle-free technique for myofascial release — a type of physical therapy to treat pain from your myofascial tissues.

This type of tissue surrounds and supports the muscle throughout your body and is characterised by having "trigger points" where pain can usually originate.

Neck pain is one of the most common body pains caused by tension on the myofascial tissues.

Some of the factors that may cause tension on your neck include poor posture, repetitive stress, and anxiety.

So, if you're experiencing neck pain after a long day, this is perfect for you!

2. Ear massage for stress and anxiety relief

Credit: YouTube/Sukie Baxter

The Vagus nerve is one of the longest nerves found in our nervous system. It is responsible for various internal organ functions which include digestion, heart rate, breathing, cardiovascular activities, and reflex actions like coughing, sneezing, and swallowing.

While it seems impossible to locate each vagus nerve and release tension from them when you're feeling stressed, an easy technique can be done with the vagus nerves focused on your ear.

Coach Sukie Baxter shares a technique to massage the vagus nerve found on your ear. The technique allows you to relax your ears which in turn relieves the tension from your neck and facial muscles. Say goodbye to that nasty headache!

3. Aldi's $89.99 massage gun

Aldi has recently relaunched the $89.99 massage gun as part of its Special Buys on Saturday.

YrlK4HDxfMAqdQoCKZ866ddUq0BB9SQjRtY6LKDz131XboIY3NNT0HfbrVfqIpGuqPjpH5WhUmpr8OoxlRWwoV0RxIK0OylwNh2-Jz-JxLw-x03jClm9XRLRJPNdLEYg9DprwFs

Credit: Aldi

The gadget — which features extensive 30 speed levels (ranging from 900-3000U/min) and 8 interchangeable massage heads — is perfect for relieving the tension from every spot on your body.

Additionally, the gadget is able to operate for up to 3 hours, ensuring that you have plenty of time for those stubborn aches and knots.

The popular product has made the rounds on social media, with many Aldi fans expressing their excitement about the massage gun’s quality.

One Facebook user wrote: "I got mine last year and it’s so amazing. This one looks great with a better range of heads. I don’t know if I can get away with buying another one."

"Best thing ever! Use mine almost daily," another added.

Others said that the gadget is flying off the shelves so if you're thinking of getting your hands on one, rush into your nearest Aldi before it’s too late!

"Hurry up and run cuz that’s selling soooo fast. I got one and it is amazing," said one person.

Give these hacks a go and let us know how they work for you in the comments below. We hope that they take at least a little bit of stress away from your day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
A little shy of important information. In the picture there is not recharging cord/plug shown so I believe it uses replaceable batteries.
At 3 hours use per set of batteries (How many ??) daily use will keep you poor. :(:cautious: