Strawberry Lemon Layer Cake

I made this cake last week end and omg it is delicious.
Follow the step by step recipe and you will see how easy it is to make a perfect and very delicious cake

KA_LIFESTYLE_OCT_2231267_560x792_crop_center.jpg

recipe and photo by Kitchenaid Australia

Prep / cook time
50 minutes

INGREDIENTS​

• 1 1/4 cups 350g 🥤butter, at room temperature
  • 1 3/4 cups 400g caster sugar
  • 3 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp lemon zest
  • 3 large eggs
  • 2 extra egg whites
  • 430g plain flour ( I use plain cake flour) just under 2 cups
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 1 1/2 cup full cream milk

STRAWBERRY BUTTER CREAM​

• 120g butter, room temperature
  • 250g cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 3 1/2 cups icing sugar pure is ok, sifted
  • 4-5 tbsp strawberry jam

SERVE​

• Fresh strawberries, halved

METHOD​

1. Pre heat the oven to 180C. Line the base and sides of 3 x 23cm wide cake tins.
  2. Add the lemon juice to the milk and set aside.
  3. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, caster sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
  4. Add one egg at a time and beat well after each addition and mix until well combined. Follow by adding the remaining egg whites and lemon zest.
  5. Gradually add in the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda and beat on low speed. Mix until it has just come together so its not over mixed.
  6. Pour the milk in gradually and beat on low speed again until just mixed.
  7. Divide the batter between the 3 cake tins and bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when tested.
  8. Place the cakes on a cooling rack to cool down. After 20-30 minutes gently turn the cakes out to completely cool on the rack.
  9. The top of the cakes can be trimmed using a bread knife to level it.

TO MAKE THE CREAM CHEESE BUTTER CREAM​

1. Combine the butter at room temperature with the cream cheese and the vanilla essence in a bowl using a mixer , Mix well on a high speed until it is a smooth consistency.
  2. Add the icing sugar half a cup at a time until well mixed and there is no lumps. stir through using a spoon the strawberry jam leaving it not perfectly mixed in.
  3. Place one cake on a serving plate or cake stand. Using a spatular spread out a third of the cream cheese butter cream over the top. Repeat the process until all 3 cakes are stacked up. Spread out the remaining cream over the top.
  4. Serve with fresh halved strawberries over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
I love all your receipes @Suzanne rose, but you must have a very large pantry and lots of ingredients in your home to make these delicious treats. I for one, could not afford to get all the ingredients to make many of these decadents treats.:cry:

Reactions: Littleboy8
I love all your receipes @Suzanne rose, but you must have a very large pantry and lots of ingredients in your home to make these delicious treats. I for one, could not afford to get all the ingredients to make many of these decadents treats.:cry:
I do have a large pantry and 3 fridges and in 6 weeks will be doing a new kitchen.

I shop every week and meal plan including cakes ect so I always have stock. I also have 3 working kids at home who often pay for the groceries

Having 13 kids I have always had a well stocked pantry

I do have a large pantry and 3 fridges and in 6 weeks will be doing a new kitchen.

I shop every week and meal plan including cakes ect so I always have stock. I also have 3 working kids at home who often pay for the groceries

Having 13 kids I have always had a well stocked pantry
Want another kid I’m free and I can be your taste tester🤣yummy.