Strain no more: Kmart's $1.75 can strainer drains away kitchen woes!

In the world of kitchen gadgets, it's often the simplest tools that become the most indispensable.

For those who love to cook but could do without the mess and fuss, Kmart has once again come to the rescue with a budget-friendly item that's causing quite a stir among home cooks.

The latest must-have? A nifty kitchen tool that's changing the game for just $1.75.

We've all been there—you're in the middle of preparing a delicious meal that calls for canned beans or vegetables, and as you try to drain the liquid, half of your ingredients end up in the sink.

It's a common kitchen mishap that can be frustrating and wasteful.

However, with the Kmart Can Strainer ($1.75), this culinary annoyance is a thing of the past.

photo (19).jpg
Kmart shoppers praised the $1.75 can strainer as a 'game changer' for draining canned beans and other items easily. Credits: Kmart Australia

This ‘brilliant’ gadget is as easy to use as it is effective.

Simply open your can, place the strainer securely on top, and tip the contents over the sink.

The liquid drains away, leaving you with just the solid ingredients you need, ready to go into your dish.

No mess, no waste—just a smooth cooking experience.

The can strainer has been met with rave reviews from Kmart shoppers, earning a near-perfect 4.9-star rating on the retailer's website.

One shopper exclaimed, 'Where has this been all my life?'

Another praised its effectiveness, saying, 'It does exactly what it says...Works well.'

‘Brilliant invention, I love this gadget,’ a third agreed.

Others called it a ‘total game changer’.

The can strainer isn't the only budget kitchen gadget from Kmart that's making waves.

For under $10, you can also find the Cloth Holder ($5) and the Silicone Air Fryer Tray ($5).

The Cloth Holder is a clever solution for keeping kitchen towels within reach but out of the way, attaching to the inside of a cabinet door or the side of your sink.

Shoppers described it as ‘great quality and very handy’.

The silicone air fryer tray, meanwhile, offers a reusable alternative to baking paper, keeping your air fryer free from food residue and grease.

Customers have noted that 'it makes cleaning their air fryer after cooking so much easier', which is a boon for anyone who uses this popular appliance regularly.

As Kmart continues to capture the attention of shoppers with its innovative and affordable products, another must-have item has emerged, sparking excitement among customers.

The $5 Kmart gadget, praised for its ability to transform minced meat dishes, is the latest game-changer for home cooks.

With these products promising to enhance culinary experiences, it's clear that Kmart is revolutionising the way people approach cooking and kitchenware.
Key Takeaways
  • Kmart shoppers lauded a $1.75 can strainer as a 'game changer' for easily draining canned beans and other items.
  • The can strainer received a near-perfect rating on Kmart’s website, with customers sharing positive reviews.
  • Other popular budget kitchen gadgets under $10 at Kmart include the Cloth Holder ($5) and the Silicone Air Fryer Tray ($5).
  • Both the cloth holder and silicone airfryer tray were described as 'great quality' and 'very handy' by customers.
Have you tried the $1.75 can strainer from Kmart? What are your thoughts on Kmart’s budget kitchen gadgets? Let us know your experiences and opinions in the comments below.

Sponsored
Think I will just stick to tipping my cans into my hand held strainer, has been doing a great job of draining the liquid out of them forever, and as I have a couple of different size strainers I am not limited to use on certain sized cans as this one seems to be.

Think I will just stick to tipping my cans into my hand held strainer, has been doing a great job of draining the liquid out of them forever, and as I have a couple of different size strainers I am not limited to use on certain sized cans as this one seems to be.
l agree a strainer is better especially with it having a handle. That $1,75 one looks like it could slip

Exactly,no need for extra gadgets to clog the draw.

I just pull the tab a little bit back, sit it in the sink to drain then shake and voila it is done and have no problems. Easy peasy no gadgets required. Love hearing about gadgets in case something is useful tho.

No use to me. All I Buy in a can is baked beans and tomatoes which I need all the contents anyway

Reactions: janj
Doesn't apply much to me. I reserve MOST of the liquids in a Can for Kitchen use, Soups, Casseroles, Stews , etc any Food that requires Stock, Water, whatever.
Thats what I don`t understand, when I see people pour all that vegetable juice down the sink. I have a container, which yes is used for stock, soup etc, but also to cook my fresh veges in. Use it again and again. Until I use it all up for bulk cooking.

Only fit a small number of cans. The old 'only open a few millimeters' then drain is cheaper and will always work.. One less bit of flotsam in the drawer.