Stay in the Loop: Discover the Shocking Daily Updates in the World of Entertainment Today!

Good morning, dear members of the Seniors Discount Club! As we sip our morning tea and nibble on our toast, let's dive into the latest buzz that's lighting up the entertainment world. It seems that when it comes to showbiz news, it's either a drought or a deluge, and today, my friends, we're in the midst of a thrilling downpour.

First up, the iconic Cyndi Lauper, whose anthems have become the soundtrack of many of our lives, has just announced her 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Farewell World Tour.' And guess what? She's gracing our Australian shores with her presence! The tour is set to kick off in Montreal next week before heading to the US and the UK, and then it will make its way to us in April. Cyndi will be performing in Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, and Perth, with none other than The Veronicas joining her as special guests for the Australian leg. If you're keen to relive the magic of the '80s and sing along to 'Time After Time,' tickets will be up for grabs next Wednesday at Ticketek. Don't miss out on what promises to be a nostalgic and electrifying series of shows.

1728963040828.png
Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Farewell World Tour has been announced, featuring shows in several Australian cities with special guests, The Veronicas. Credit: Cyndi Lauper / Facebook

But wait, there's more! The legendary Cliff Richard, whose career has spanned more than six decades, is also heading down under. He's announced his 'Summer Holiday World Tour,' which will mark 11 years since he last serenaded Australian audiences. The tour is set to begin on November 1 next year, and tickets will be available this Friday. For those of us who've been fans since 'Living Doll' hit the airwaves, this is a chance to see a true music icon in action.

In more immediate news, the young pop sensation Olivia Rodrigo is currently touring Australia, and she had quite an eventful evening last night. During her final show in Melbourne, she took an unexpected tumble through a stage hole in front of thousands of fans. But fear not, she emerged unscathed and, ever the professional, laughed it off and continued with her performance. It's a reminder that live shows can be full of surprises, and it's the artist's grace under pressure that truly makes a memorable night.

Switching gears to the silver screen, Hugh Jackman, our very own 'Greatest Showman,' is teaming up with the effervescent Kate Hudson in a new movie musical titled 'Song Sung Blue.' They'll be playing a couple who form a Neil Diamond tribute band—a quirky and intriguing premise that has us tapping our feet in anticipation. While details and release date are still under wraps, we can't wait to see these two powerhouses light up the screen with their talent.

And speaking of Hugh Jackman, he and Ryan Reynolds are currently in the running to host next year's Oscars. The dynamic duo, known for their playful banter and friendship, are among the top choices for the prestigious gig. With Hugh's previous hosting experience in 2009 and Ryan's quick wit, they would undoubtedly make a fabulous pair. Other big names like Will Ferrell, Amy Poehler, and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson have also been approached, but the prospect of Hugh and Ryan taking the stage together has us all abuzz.

Key Takeaways
  • Cyndi Lauper has announced her Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Farewell World Tour, which will include shows in several Australian cities with The Veronicas as special guests.
  • Cliff Richard has announced his Australian tour dates for the Summer Holiday World Tour, scheduled for November next year.
  • Olivia Rodrigo experienced a mishap on stage in Melbourne, falling through a hole, but continued her performance without injury.
  • Kate Hudson will star alongside Hugh Jackman in a new movie musical titled 'Song Sung Blue,' and both Jackman and Ryan Reynolds are being considered to host the Oscars next year.
So there you have it, folks—a whirlwind of entertainment news to kickstart your day. Whether you're planning to catch a live show, eagerly awaiting a new film, or simply enjoying the latest celebrity gossip, there's never a dull moment in the world of showbiz. What are your thoughts on today's news? Are you excited about any of these events or releases? Share your comments below, and let's keep the conversation going!

Sponsored
I saw Cyndi Lauper maybe 2 years ago. She was the support act for Rod Stewert .

She was still pretty good, and good as a support act but I wouldn't actually go to see her. There is a time when performers need to retire.

The best concert I've been to where they sound just like they used to would have to be Neil Diamond and Fleetwood Mac

Screenshot_20241022_191931_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: novezar and janj
Saw Sir Cliff twice in Canberra in the 80's but I'm afraid although he is a healthy 90+ I don't know about touring again - November next year! Now that's confidence for you. :ROFLMAO:

Saw "Cliffy" a couple of times. My better half was a real fan of him.

I can always remember going to the flicks to watch the film, 'Summer Holiday'. That'd have to be some 60 years ago. Never seen "Cindy" live.

Cindy was a great singer for sure, where she had a great sound with her songs. "Luv'd" her.

They'll get their true fans to go & see them both.

While I consider Cyndi Lauper to be good, Suzi Quatro ruled the !970s and 80s female rock act scene.

Forget Tina Turkey and Cherrrrr.... They are Z graders.
Suzy Q is still my favourite. I watched a documentary on her the other night on Netflix

Is was my love of her that I started wearing satin pants .The closest look to leather I could do.

I saw her in concert a few years ago at The Enmore Theatre.

I would pay to see her again .

• Love
Reactions: Veggiepatch