Staffer shares a Woolies trolley feature that you may not have noticed all this time!

With supermarkets axing plastic bags, we have all had to adapt reusable bags, such as the ones purchased for around a buck from your local supermarket! All the better to carry all the great deals you find with the SDC eh?

But don’t you just find it inconvenient (and somewhat awkward) to carry them around the store while you shop? Handling a screwed up bunch of fabric bags or having them buried under your groceries is just a bit of a pain.

Thankfully, one Woolies worker is here to help!

DaWpT1OwZ772SGaPfz1Y36lU8tj-Aftti8CQJXD2I8NXZHI1vk4ho2cIl_obveX47vGX71rBeRi9LEmvAKGO_5z-PAUGBJ9QHuJkIUXRnw6cTjJwVfSatS0c0J9tKAOv7s8nuNbp

Woolies worker shares a little-known trolley trick. Credit: TikTok/@woolworths_au.

Liam Kirley, the Woolies hack expert, who shared with us that the store’s smaller trolleys fit under the cash registers at the end of the checkout, has taken it to Woolworths Australia’s official TikTok account to show another trolley trick.

He revealed that the hook at the back of the trolley is there to hold your bags while you roam around the store aisles.

“There are these convenient hooks on the trolleys to hang your reusable bags while you shop,” said Liam in his TikTok video.

Turns out, some shoppers were barely aware of the hook on the trolley and even called it a “game-changer”.

“Am I the only one who never knew there were hooks on the trolleys?” they said.

Liam went on to discuss a couple more Woolies bag hacks.

“You can set a reminder from the Woolworths app to tell you when you arrive at the store to get your bags,” he pointed out. Never worry about leaving them in your boot on your backseat again!

He also added that folding the bottom part of your Woolies reusable bag to its side makes them last for longer, as shown in the picture below.

u5tA80QAuANIa3NkME_OMMlmV-32HgzYYrCFxFlkjgsmEbCg_0t8yO7RZlK10JXm3lQ7OV7YDC-Tb_o9Tr32Q55FeVk-KRgUFW2Jd_jXS1KSGEe8G9naZzcCvb9ZMssabBv5Qg8Q

Folding your Woolies green bag this way extends its shelf life. Credit: TikTok/@woolworths_au.

Pretty fantastic huh? We’re gonna be making the most of all of these. If you prefer the 15c plastic bags, because you forgot your reusable bags or just prefer them, check out this neat folding trick designed to save space and add to the longevity of the bag. Happy shopping everyone!

Credit: Michelle Fiskilis.

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
I'm surprised by that. this is so old, it's not funny. Guess from day 1 of having trolleys! Shows people are on auto pilot if they haven't noticed it before, or if they had why not ask a staff member what it's for. I see plenty of people using it. Use it all the time. Likewise folding the bottom bag over. Makes them easier to fit several inside one and carry that outer bag by the handles into the store- saves room and is always ready to go.

I have been doing all of these for years. How can you not see the little hook? Who doesn't fold their bags? That’s the only way to store them in the boot or on the back seat of your car. Not only have I been I 'triangulating' (instead of strangulating) my plastic bags for years, I store them in an empty tissue box on top of a bench which not only is a very convenient storage place but it also looks good instead of looking at a bag full of bags.

Didn't everyone already know this?
I think you would have to be blind not to notice, That is where I have always hung my handbag then covered with shopping bags. I can get to shopping list and pen to cross off also easy to slip phone in pocket of bag, then just place on conveyor belt first before unloading shopping. Or easy grab at self checkout.

Reactions: Jennylolo and Ricci