Spinach and Ricotta Pasta Bake

I've been trying new recipes over the past few weeks , and I'm happy to share my favourites.
To all those who have message me asking if I'm going to post more recipes, I don't post recipes that I haven't made and either myself or family love. Now I have found new ones I'm ready to post

Now this recipe is my personal favourite 😍 😋

Serves 6
Screenshot_20241007_080050_Gallery.jpg

Recipe by recipetineats

Ingredients​

• 300g pasta of choice
  • 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese , shredded (or more! For topping)

RICOTTA MIXTURE​

• 500 g ricotta (Note 1)
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese , grated
  • 2 garlic cloves , crushed
  • 350g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess liquid pressed out
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese , shredded
  • 3/4 tsp salt & pepper

SHORTCUT PASTA SAUCE​

• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves , minced
  • 700g bottle tomato passata(1 standard bottle) (Note 2)
  • 1 tsp EACH onion and garlic powder
  • 2 tsp dried Italian Mixed Herbs (Note 3)
  • 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes , to taste (optional)
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Black pepper
  • 2 tbsp water (if needed)

TO SERVE​

• Parmesan cheese , grated

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 180C / 160°C fan-forced
  • Pasta Sauce: Pour out about 1/4 cup of the passata (to make room to add flavourings). Add the remaining Pasta Sauce ingredients into the bottle, screw the lid on and give it a shake.
  • Cook pasta for time per packet MINUS 1 minute.
  • SCOOP OUT 1 mug ful pasta cooking water, drain and set aside.
  • Ricotta Mixture - Mix Ricotta Mixture ingredients in a very large bowl. Use a splash of pasta cooking water if needed to make it creamy.
  • Add pasta and stir to combine. Transfer to a heatproof baking dish.
  • Top with Pasta Sauce, top with cheese. Loosely cover with foil.
  • Bake for 25 minutes, then remove the cover and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
  • Serve while hot and fresh!

Recipe Notes:​

1. Ricotta- Some ricottas are soft and creamy, others are a bit drier and more crumbly. Use pasta cooking water to loosen ricotta so it can be tossed through the pasta if it is dry

Spinach- or use 1 large bunch of fresh, shredded.

3. Mixed Italian Herbsis a dried herb mix you can get from the supermarket which costs the same as other herbs. You can substitute with a mix of other dried herbs - basil, parsley, oregano and thyme go particularly well.

4. Tomato passata is strained pureed tomatoes. Readily available in supermarkets , usually alongside pasta sauces, same price as canned tomatoes. Comes in a tall glass bottle

5. Storage - Keep leftovers in the fridge and reheat in microwave. To freeze, assemble but do not bake, then freeze. Thaw then bake per recipe.

NUTRITION INFORMATION:​

Calories:569cal (28%)Carbohydrates:53g (18%)Protein:32g (64%)Fat:26g (40%)Saturated Fat:14g (88%)Cholesterol:81mg (27%)Sodium:1346mg (59%)Potassium:782mg (22%)Fiber:5g (21%)Sugar:8g (9%)Vitamin A:7860IU (157%)Vitamin C:14.6mg (18%)Calcium:611mg (61%)Iron:3.8mg (21%)

Sponsored