Spice up your love life: A relationship guru shares ten intimate questions to ask at your monthly 'sex summit'

Truth be told, there comes a time in our lives when our love lives can sometimes take a backseat. Whether it's the rush of daily life or the ever-present exhaustion that can come from caring for children or grandchildren, it's easy to let romantic relationships fall by the wayside.

But, as we know all too well, love and connection are just as crucial at any other point in our lives. For that reason, the SDC team would like to share some sage advice from relationship guru Dr Emily Morse on revitalising your love life.

Dr Morse, a famed sex therapist and author of the new book Smart Sex: How to Boost Your Sex IQ and Own Your Pleasure, believes in a monthly 'sex summit'.

This involves sitting down with your partner to discuss the state of your intimate lives–the things you're enjoying, the things you'd like to try, and any potential grey areas.

Screenshot 2023-08-22 134154.png
Dr Emily Morse advised couples to have a monthly ‘sex summit’ to foster open communication. Credit: @sexwithemily/Instagram

The idea isn't to scrutinise every aspect of your love life under a harsh spotlight but rather to facilitate a conversation, far from the bedroom, in a calm and casual setting.

The 'sex summit' is about fostering open communication, not creating a high-pressure ordeal.

Dr Morse's book opens with this statement: 'By the age of 35, many people think their best sex is behind them.'

The author refutes the misbelief of saying goodbye to prime years of vibrancy and passion, advocating for the enjoyable and fulfilling sexual experiences that can occur in your later years.

Letting the past be the glory days of your sex life can be something easy to do, and it can breed a concoction of complacency and acceptance.

But Dr Morse reminds us that embracing open communication and continual learning can result in more fulfilling experiences–no matter your life stage.

Now, you may be wondering–how should this 'sex summit' go? What topics should be discussed?

In her book, Dr Morse provides a checklist of questions to jumpstart these conversations and steer them in a positive, constructive direction:

1. What are you enjoying about our sex life right now?
  2. What would you like to see more of in our sex life?
  3. What’s something new you would like to try?
  4. When you think about the hottest sex we could ever have, what does it look like?
  5. Where are we when that fantasy happens?
  6. What can I do more to make sex satisfying for you?
  7. What is your favourite memory of sex we’ve had?
  8. What was a moment recently when you felt super turned on?
  9. May I share something I’d like more of during sex?
  10. When we’re having sex, what’s your favourite part of it?
Starting these types of conversations may seem daunting or downright uncomfortable at first, but Morse insists that with time, it gets easier.

Dr Morse insists that sex doesn’t have to become stale and that wanting to be pleased is not shameful or frivolous. The quest for sexual fulfilment with a chosen partner–the guru calls it ‘the productivity of pleasure’–will leave partners more relaxed and engaged regardless of age or circumstance.

More than anything, Dr Morse’s book and its thought-provoking ten questions are about sparking the flame of open communication–an essential ingredient in the recipe for a satisfying and enjoyable love life.

So, why not give it a try? Schedule your first 'sex summit', approach it with a sense of adventure and curiosity, and who knows? You might find that your best sexual experiences are yet to come.

Key Takeaways
  • Dr Emily Morse, a relationship guru, in her new book, suggests that couples can boost their relationship by having a monthly 'sex summit'.
  • The 'sex summit' consists of ten intimate questions that help couples communicate better and identify their desires and fantasies.
  • Most people often assume their partners know how to please them, but Dr Morse insists on the importance of open communication for a more satisfying sex life.
  • Initially, the idea may seem awkward, but with consistent and honest communication, this practice can make couples grow closer and enhance their sexual experiences.

What do you think, members? Are these questions things you’d be willing to ask your partner? Or maybe you have a different approach to keeping the flame in your relationship bright and burning? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
Truth be told, there comes a time in our lives when our love lives can sometimes take a backseat. Whether it's the rush of daily life or the ever-present exhaustion that can come from caring for children or grandchildren, it's easy to let romantic relationships fall by the wayside.

But, as we know all too well, love and connection are just as crucial at any other point in our lives. For that reason, the SDC team would like to share some sage advice from relationship guru Dr Emily Morse on revitalising your love life.

Dr Morse, a famed sex therapist and author of the new book Smart Sex: How to Boost Your Sex IQ and Own Your Pleasure, believes in a monthly 'sex summit'.

This involves sitting down with your partner to discuss the state of your intimate lives–the things you're enjoying, the things you'd like to try, and any potential grey areas.

View attachment 28053
Dr Emily Morse advised couples to have a monthly ‘sex summit’ to foster open communication. Credit: @sexwithemily/Instagram

The idea isn't to scrutinise every aspect of your love life under a harsh spotlight but rather to facilitate a conversation, far from the bedroom, in a calm and casual setting.

The 'sex summit' is about fostering open communication, not creating a high-pressure ordeal.

Dr Morse's book opens with this statement: 'By the age of 35, many people think their best sex is behind them.'

The author refutes the misbelief of saying goodbye to prime years of vibrancy and passion, advocating for the enjoyable and fulfilling sexual experiences that can occur in your later years.

Letting the past be the glory days of your sex life can be something easy to do, and it can breed a concoction of complacency and acceptance.

But Dr Morse reminds us that embracing open communication and continual learning can result in more fulfilling experiences–no matter your life stage.

Now, you may be wondering–how should this 'sex summit' go? What topics should be discussed?

In her book, Dr Morse provides a checklist of questions to jumpstart these conversations and steer them in a positive, constructive direction:

1. What are you enjoying about our sex life right now?
  2. What would you like to see more of in our sex life?
  3. What’s something new you would like to try?
  4. When you think about the hottest sex we could ever have, what does it look like?
  5. Where are we when that fantasy happens?
  6. What can I do more to make sex satisfying for you?
  7. What is your favourite memory of sex we’ve had?
  8. What was a moment recently when you felt super turned on?
  9. May I share something I’d like more of during sex?
  10. When we’re having sex, what’s your favourite part of it?
Starting these types of conversations may seem daunting or downright uncomfortable at first, but Morse insists that with time, it gets easier.

Dr Morse insists that sex doesn’t have to become stale and that wanting to be pleased is not shameful or frivolous. The quest for sexual fulfilment with a chosen partner–the guru calls it ‘the productivity of pleasure’–will leave partners more relaxed and engaged regardless of age or circumstance.

More than anything, Dr Morse’s book and its thought-provoking ten questions are about sparking the flame of open communication–an essential ingredient in the recipe for a satisfying and enjoyable love life.

So, why not give it a try? Schedule your first 'sex summit', approach it with a sense of adventure and curiosity, and who knows? You might find that your best sexual experiences are yet to come.

Key Takeaways

• Dr Emily Morse, a relationship guru, in her new book, suggests that couples can boost their relationship by having a monthly 'sex summit'.
  • The 'sex summit' consists of ten intimate questions that help couples communicate better and identify their desires and fantasies.
  • Most people often assume their partners know how to please them, but Dr Morse insists on the importance of open communication for a more satisfying sex life.
  • Initially, the idea may seem awkward, but with consistent and honest communication, this practice can make couples grow closer and enhance their sexual experiences.

What do you think, members? Are these questions things you’d be willing to ask your partner? Or maybe you have a different approach to keeping the flame in your relationship bright and burning? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
My last two years of treading the boards before retirement I was in the role of sexual harassment officer, it happed to be a gig that anybody could contact from anywhere in the world, although the best outcome they said was reconciliation I didn't agree as I felt that the onus was the aggrieved party, but I mainlt accepted the job as I said at time at my age iit was the only time would be sexually harassed, which consequently went down like a ton of bricks. Never the less the gig lasted until I retired. I hope April Reads this 😊