Smart shopper's massive savings at Kmart: How buying children's clothes can save you money!

In our quest to make every dollar count, discovering clever ways to save money can be a total game-changer. And one money-saving strategy, courtesy of Sydney fashion enthusiast Islah Palmer, is causing quite a buzz among fashion-forward communities.

Here at the SDC, we take pride in sharing smart and budget-friendly options with our valued members, and Islah's approach is a true winner!

So, what's the secret behind Islah's success? She's found a goldmine in the children's section of her local Kmart store for her seasonal outfits.

It's a truly ingenious trick that has left thousands marvelling at Islah's brilliance. Who would have thought that children's clothes could fit so perfectly and look incredibly stylish on adults?

Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 8.12.59 AM.png
Some adults are shopping in Kmart's kids' section to score amazing outfits. Credit: Kmart.

The fashion enthusiast recently scored an incredibly stylish winter ensemble for a mere $30, and she can't stop raving about it. According to her, it's the absolute ''best thing'' in her wardrobe.

This fabulous set consists of the ultra-cosy Bonded Knit Hoodie ($15) and the blissfully comfortable Bonded Knit Pants ($15). They come in two sophisticated shades: a dreamy lilac and a chic off-white.

Initially designed for kids aged 8-14, the Kmart Kids' range has become a hidden gem for many adults like Islah who are seeking the perfect fit. Normally an adult size 6 or 8, Islah discovered that sizing up to a 12 for the top and a 16 for the pants was the secret to achieving the ideal look in the children's section.

While strolling past the children's section by chance, Islah's eyes locked onto this remarkable set, and she knew in an instant that it had to be hers. Once she tried it on, she was delighted to find that it hugged her figure in all the right places, making her feel snug and stylish.

Plus, its versatility allows her to effortlessly dress it up or down for any occasion.

Islah proudly showcased her thrifty discovery in a video, encouraging everyone to visit their local Kmart store and experience the same fashion success.

'This $30 set from Kmart is the best thing I own, and I got it in the kids' section,' she proudly announced.

'It's so comfortable, soft, and absolutely gorgeous! You can effortlessly dress it up or down,' she added.

Not only has Islah found success with her budget-friendly method at home, but she's also taken her cost-smart fashion strategy abroad. She recently delightfully wore the set in chilly Los Angeles and vibrant Seoul, highlighting that you can wear this set virtually anywhere.

Social media users were quick to praise this savvy find. Many admitted that they also occasionally shop in the kids' section. Some comments include, 'Oh my, I have that! It's the best,' and 'I'm obsessed with this set - the Kmart kids section is elite!'

It's worth noting that this approach might not work for everyone, though. Some readers were swift to point out that children's clothing might end up being too short or cropped for taller individuals or those who don't have a petite frame.

In fact, some even shared their own experiences. One woman mentioned, with a touch of humour, that the top will end up completely cropped ''unless you're under 152cm''.

Key Takeaways

• A Sydney fashion enthusiast, Islah Palmer, has shared her remarkable trick for saving money by shopping in the children's section of Kmart.
  • Palmer purchased a two-piece winter set from the children's section, claiming it's the 'best thing she owns', with many other shoppers also confessing to shopping from the kids' line.
  • She advises others shopping from the kids' section to size up from their normal fit and ensure pants and tops are not too short.
  • While many were amazed by the great fit and affordability of shopping in the kids' section, a few mentioned their difficulty in fitting into children's sizes.

Here at the SDC, we highly recommend embracing your inner explorer and venturing into every nook and cranny of your beloved stores. You never know when you might stumble upon a hidden gem, just like Islah did.

So, dear members, if you haven't already ventured into the wonderful world of the kids' section at your local Kmart (or any store, for that matter), now might just be the perfect time to dive in. Not only might you save a few bucks, but you might also uncover your next prized possession! Who would've thought?

Keep in mind that style, comfort, and affordability aren't confined to the men's or women's sections alone. So, happy hunting for those irresistible bargains! And while we're at it, do you have any other fabulous fashion-saving tips up your sleeve? We'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

Sponsored
I used to shop in the children’s department in the UK in the early 70’s. Apparently there was less tax on children‘s clothing so it was cheaper. Shops often have the same style in both the adults’ and the children’s departments.

Last edited:
In our quest to make every dollar count, discovering clever ways to save money can be a total game-changer. And one money-saving strategy, courtesy of Sydney fashion enthusiast Islah Palmer, is causing quite a buzz among fashion-forward communities.

Here at the SDC, we take pride in sharing smart and budget-friendly options with our valued members, and Islah's approach is a true winner!

So, what's the secret behind Islah's success? She's found a goldmine in the children's section of her local Kmart store for her seasonal outfits.

It's a truly ingenious trick that has left thousands marvelling at Islah's brilliance. Who would have thought that children's clothes could fit so perfectly and look incredibly stylish on adults?

View attachment 24011
Some adults are shopping in Kmart's kids' section to score amazing outfits. Credit: Kmart.

The fashion enthusiast recently scored an incredibly stylish winter ensemble for a mere $30, and she can't stop raving about it. According to her, it's the absolute ''best thing'' in her wardrobe.

This fabulous set consists of the ultra-cosy Bonded Knit Hoodie ($15) and the blissfully comfortable Bonded Knit Pants ($15). They come in two sophisticated shades: a dreamy lilac and a chic off-white.

Initially designed for kids aged 8-14, the Kmart Kids' range has become a hidden gem for many adults like Islah who are seeking the perfect fit. Normally an adult size 6 or 8, Islah discovered that sizing up to a 12 for the top and a 16 for the pants was the secret to achieving the ideal look in the children's section.

While strolling past the children's section by chance, Islah's eyes locked onto this remarkable set, and she knew in an instant that it had to be hers. Once she tried it on, she was delighted to find that it hugged her figure in all the right places, making her feel snug and stylish.

Plus, its versatility allows her to effortlessly dress it up or down for any occasion.

Islah proudly showcased her thrifty discovery in a video, encouraging everyone to visit their local Kmart store and experience the same fashion success.

'This $30 set from Kmart is the best thing I own, and I got it in the kids' section,' she proudly announced.

'It's so comfortable, soft, and absolutely gorgeous! You can effortlessly dress it up or down,' she added.

Not only has Islah found success with her budget-friendly method at home, but she's also taken her cost-smart fashion strategy abroad. She recently delightfully wore the set in chilly Los Angeles and vibrant Seoul, highlighting that you can wear this set virtually anywhere.

Social media users were quick to praise this savvy find. Many admitted that they also occasionally shop in the kids' section. Some comments include, 'Oh my, I have that! It's the best,' and 'I'm obsessed with this set - the Kmart kids section is elite!'

It's worth noting that this approach might not work for everyone, though. Some readers were swift to point out that children's clothing might end up being too short or cropped for taller individuals or those who don't have a petite frame.

In fact, some even shared their own experiences. One woman mentioned, with a touch of humour, that the top will end up completely cropped ''unless you're under 152cm''.

Key Takeaways

• A Sydney fashion enthusiast, Islah Palmer, has shared her remarkable trick for saving money by shopping in the children's section of Kmart.
  • Palmer purchased a two-piece winter set from the children's section, claiming it's the 'best thing she owns', with many other shoppers also confessing to shopping from the kids' line.
  • She advises others shopping from the kids' section to size up from their normal fit and ensure pants and tops are not too short.
  • While many were amazed by the great fit and affordability of shopping in the kids' section, a few mentioned their difficulty in fitting into children's sizes.

Here at the SDC, we highly recommend embracing your inner explorer and venturing into every nook and cranny of your beloved stores. You never know when you might stumble upon a hidden gem, just like Islah did.

So, dear members, if you haven't already ventured into the wonderful world of the kids' section at your local Kmart (or any store, for that matter), now might just be the perfect time to dive in. Not only might you save a few bucks, but you might also uncover your next prized possession! Who would've thought?

Keep in mind that style, comfort, and affordability aren't confined to the men's or women's sections alone. So, happy hunting for those irresistible bargains! And while we're at it, do you have any other fabulous fashion-saving tips up your sleeve? We'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

Oh dear. What a disappointment. A child's tracksuit... Tres chic!!!
Plus, you have to be tiny sized adult, to shop in the children's wear department.
Islah is a 6-8 sized adul... She wears 12-16 children's.....
I'm 14 sized adult... Sure, I'll buy a kids tracksuit...not.

When I was a Size 8 I used to buy my shorts in the kids section but a size 8 adult was a size 14 child's.
When I was a size 8 I was wearing my childrens track pants because they would raid my wardrobe for my jackets and such, unfortunately for me they did look after my clothes as good as I did theirs

Reactions: Suzanne rose