Synnove

Sep 29, 2022
Slipcover recliner chair

I have a reclining chair with a semi attached back cushion that I want to slipcover. It’s a Lazy Boy that looks like an ordinary chair until you put your weight against the back, then the footrest comes out from underneath and the back reclines.
I want to change the look of it with the seasons so reupholstery isn’t an option although it would certainly be easier. I’ve made one slip cover already which turned out OK but I know I can do better. The problem for me is creating the template piece that finishes of the rear of the chair back cushion where it joins to the back of the chair. It would be a lot easier if the chair back were detached so that the cushion of back of the chair could be covered seperately but the style, at least last year, was for semi attached cushions on sofas and chairs I suspect to save on fabric.
Has anyone taken on of these apart to reupholster it. What I’d like is a rough drawing of the parts so I could draft my own pattern. I can’t seem to wrap my head around how the pieces have to be cut inorder to get them go together the way I want them to. If anyone out there can help, I’d be happy to email close up photos of the problem area with the chair.
Appreciate any help.

This Home Fashion Designs Printed Twill recliner slipcover has an amazing choice of prints to complement any room. Stays in place. Strapless.
I purchased this cover so my cats would not scratch my new sofa, it's easy on, easy off, so when company comes, I remove the cover and rinse it in my washer, then dry on low.
I'm very happy with it.

Last edited: