Slash your Easter grocery bills with Woolworths' pricing overhaul!

As the Easter season approaches, many of us are looking forward to family gatherings, festive celebrations, and, of course, the traditional Easter feast.

For those who cherish seafood as part of their holiday spread, Woolworths has just announced a major pricing overhaul that will make waves nationwide.

Effective immediately, the supermarket giant has implemented significant price reductions on various seafood selections, including customer favourites like salmon, prawns, and barramundi.

This is a timely initiative for shoppers eager to stock up on these delectable items in preparation for the Easter long weekend festivities.

shutterstock_325529021.jpg
Woolworths announced its major pricing overhaul on seafood for the upcoming Easter season. Credit: Shutterstock

The price cuts represent an opportunity for customers to save on their grocery bills while still enjoying the quality and variety they've come to expect from Woolworths.

The reductions include:

Paul Harker, Woolworths Chief Commercial Officer, expressed the company's enthusiasm for bringing these low prices to customers, especially in the lead-up to Good Friday.

'We know that seafood is a centrepiece of celebrations at Easter, and we want to offer great value to our customers as they begin planning for the long weekend,' he said.

‘Prawns are a popular choice and we encourage shoppers to look out for specials in their local store.’

‘We want to help our customers spend less this season, so we’re reminding them that we have more than 6,000 weekly specials each week, as well as our Prices Dropped and Low Price programs so they can find great value to help their budgets go further at Easter,’ he added.

The seafood specials are available to all customers nationally, but be quick–these deals are set to swim away after midnight on Tuesday, 26 March.

And for those looking to save beyond the seafood aisle, Woolworths' Prices Dropped for Autumn campaign is also in full swing, with over 400 products reduced for the season.
Key Takeaways
  • Woolworths has announced a significant price reduction on a wide range of seafood products across all stores nationally.
  • The discounted prices on seafood, including salmon, prawns, and barramundi, are timely for Easter celebrations.
  • Woolworths focused on providing value to customers with seafood specials for Good Friday and reminding them of weekly specials and ongoing low-price programs.
  • The seafood promotions are available to shoppers until midnight on Tuesday, March 26, and are part of Woolworths' broader Prices Dropped for Autumn campaign with over 400 products reduced.
Have you spotted any unbeatable deals at your local Woolworths? Are there any special recipes you plan to whip up with these seafood savings? Let us know in the comments below! Don’t forget to look in our Cooking and Recipes forum for ideas, too!

Sponsored
Did Woolworths realise that the word "Nationwide" means everywhere in Australia? The article states that some of the offers (50% of them) are only available in a couple of states. What's the go here?

Woolworths, and Coles for that matter, need to slash their prices across the board by at least 25% on all the everyday items people buy and need to provide for their families. Bread, cereals, fresh fruit and veg, butter, cheese, cereals, meat, washing products, etc etc.

Luxury items such as the fish and prawns people can manage without so not bothered by these short term offers for Easter.

A 25% reduction on all basic necessities as a minimum would be a start.

Did Woolworths realise that the word "Nationwide" means everywhere in Australia? The article states that some of the offers (50% of them) are only available in a couple of states. What's the go here?
I didn't see anything about some offers only available in a couple of states. This article is mainly about the reduced price of seafood nationally until 25 March. Be thankful that you can buy seafood cheaper than normal if that's your go for Easter.

Woolworths, and Coles for that matter, need to slash their prices across the board by at least 25% on all the everyday items people buy and need to provide for their families. Bread, cereals, fresh fruit and veg, butter, cheese, cereals, meat, washing products, etc etc.

Luxury items such as the fish and prawns people can manage without so not bothered by these short term offers for Easter.

I have not been able to afford these seafood luxuries for a long time now. Would love to be able to afford to buy prawns as they are definitely my fave seafood.

Reactions: Littleboy8
Funny how this all of a sudden is starting to happen now that the government has started it's investigation...coincidence, I think not!

My wife and I moved up here to an hour past Townsville from middle of NSW where we had Aldi to shop at, we now have one at Townsville, it is a bit over a 2 hour round trip, you know if we go and do a decent fortnightly shop at Aldi the savings pay for our fuel over and back and let us have lunch as well. It is quite remarkable the difference the total of our shop is compared to what we used to pay at Coles or Woolworths. I get surveys from both of those supermarkets all the time and I have told them all they are now is my local corner store for emergencies when I run out of something.

I didn't see anything about some offers only available in a couple of states. This article is mainly about the reduced price of seafood nationally until 25 March. Be thankful that you can buy seafood cheaper than normal if that's your go for Easter.
Here it is: