Singer Marcia Hines rushed to hospital after collapsing in Australian Idol dressing room

The entertainment industry was met with a wave of concern and well-wishes after the news broke that Australian Idol judge and music icon Marcia Hines was rushed to hospital after a sudden collapse in her dressing room.

The incident occurred just hours before she was due to appear on the grand final episode of the hit TV show on Channel 7, leaving fans and colleagues alike in a state of shock.

Marcia Hines, a household name and a pillar in the Australian music scene, found herself in a precarious situation on Sunday afternoon at the Sydney Coliseum Theatre in Rooty Hill.

Sources close to the production revealed that Hines experienced a medical emergency, prompting immediate action to ensure her well-being.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 092659.png
Australian Idol judge Marcia Hines experienced a medical emergency last Sunday. Image source: @themarciahines/Instagram

The 70-year-old star was transported by ambulance to the hospital, where she was reported to be in stable condition.

The news of her hospitalisation quickly spread across social media platforms, with Hines herself taking to social media to address her fans.

In a heartfelt message, she expressed her regret for not being able to join the Australian Idol finale, citing that she had been feeling 'a little unwell' after a demanding few days of work.

She reassured her fans that she was taking the necessary time to rest and recover, with the hope of returning to the spotlight soon.

Ricki-Lee Coulter, the host of the show, opened Sunday night's episode with the announcement of Hines' absence, saying: ‘You will have spotted that we are missing someone very important and very special to the Idol family.’

‘Unfortunately, Marcia is unwell and unable to join us tonight,’ he added.

Fellow judge Kyle Sandilands emphasised the severity of the situation, clarifying that Hines' condition was more than a mere headache and that she had been taken away in an ambulance.

The outpouring of support from fans and industry peers was immediate, with many taking to social media to wish the 'lovely' Hines a 'speedy recovery.'

‘I pray Marcia Hines is okay. One of the greatest Australian artists,’ a fan wrote.

While the cause of her collapse remains unclear, Hines has been open about her battle with Type 1 diabetes, a condition she was diagnosed with in her 30s.

In a candid conversation with Starts at 60, she shared her experience of dealing with the disease, including the lifestyle changes she had to make to manage her health.

Despite her disciplined approach to diet and exercise, the unpredictability of genetics played a role in her diagnosis.

‘I didn’t feel 100 per cent,’ she shared. ‘I wasn’t expecting to get it, I was still exercising and still eating well, but genetics, you can’t fight.’

You can watch her live performance of ‘I Don’t Know How To Love Him’ here:

Source: Marcia Hines/YouTube​

Key Takeaways
  • Australian Idol judge Marcia Hines was hospitalised after collapsing in her dressing room before the grand final episode on Sunday.
  • Her absence was addressed on the show, with Guy Sebastian stepping in as a judge, and her condition was confirmed to be stable after being taken by ambulance.
  • Hines updated her followers on social media to explain her absence, citing that she had been feeling unwell due to a hectic work schedule.
  • Although Hines has previously spoken about living with Type 1 diabetes, the specific cause of her collapse has not been revealed.
We at the Seniors Discount Club hope for Marcia Hines' swift and full recovery. Her spirit and resilience have inspired many over the years, and we look forward to seeing her grace our screens and stages once again.

What’s your favourite Marcia Hines song? Share them in the comments below!

Sponsored
She is actually 74 I hope she is ok I love her voice have her old albums

Australian IDLE. An apt description of the mass produced dross dished up by these shows masquerading as entertainment.

I would rather watch paint dry.

As far as Marcia Hines goes, she isn't the only "celebrity" to collapse on stage. Some have even died during a performance, ones with infinitely more talent than Mushya.

• Haha
Reactions: DLHM