SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Suzanne rose

Suzanne rose

Jun 27, 2022
Sydney
Sinéad O'Connor Dead At 56

We wake up this morning to hear singer / song writter Sinéad O'Connor has passed away at 56.

Sinead has to be one of Ireland's most successful women Singers . With huge hits like Nothing Compares To You
images.jpeg-33.jpg
Such an amazing singer / songwriter , with many amazing and heart felt songs

She was a very Controversial Performer , demanding that national Athems were not to be played before her concerts.

At one concert she ripped up a photo of the Pope showing her opposition to the Catholic church.

After this there were protest out side one of her concerts venues . What she did was put on a wig and protested with them .

Throughout her music career she had been honest about her spiritual journey, activism, socio-political views, as well as her trauma and mental health struggles.

While her shaved head was initially an assertion against traditional views of women, years later, O'Connor said she had begun to grow her hair back, but that after being asked if she was Enya, O'Connor shaved it off again. "I don't feel like me unless I have my hair shaved. So even when I'm an old lady, I'm going to shave it." I don't think too many women could look so beautiful with a shaved head.

In 1999, she was ordained as a priest by the Latin Tridentine Church, a sect that is not recognised by the mainstream Catholic Church. She consistently spoke out on issues related to child abuse, human rights, anti-racism, organised religion, and women's rights. In 2017, O'Connor changed her name to Magda Davitt. After converting to Islam in 2018, she changed it to Shuhada' Sadaqat.[However, she continued to record and perform under her birth name.

images.jpeg-34.jpg

RIP Sinéad O'Connor

Did you have a favourite song ?