Simple shopping trip following a markdown find sparks wave of kindness

Finding a good bargain can feel like striking gold in a world where the cost of living is rising, and every penny counts.

For many Australians, especially those over 60 who often manage on fixed incomes, the thrill of a markdown at the local supermarket is not just a bonus but a necessity.

But what happens when the joy of a good deal is transformed into an act of selfless giving?

After a successful markdown hunt at her local Coles, this shopper did something that surprised her community.

Instead of hoarding her discounted finds for future use, she spread the love by donating a significant portion of her haul to a local charity organisation.

1724976569723.png
Aussie mum scored discounted premium baby clothes at Coles. Credit: Facebook

Her generous act has sparked a conversation about the power of kindness and the impact one person can make.

The Markdown Addicts social media lit up with her post: 'Coles had all the bargains today. I took some of everything but all the Bonds for our local community house.'

Accompanying the post were photos of her impressive haul, which included 10 Bonds Wondersuits, typically priced at $29 but marked down to a mere $1 each.

The mum also snagged Marine Collagen Peptides, usually $10, for just $1, Sakatas for 50 cents, bread, cordial, and cat food.

Comments poured in praising the mum for her thoughtful gesture.

'That’s lovely! I hate that I would never think to do that,' one person admitted

Another added, 'That’s very kind of you to donate all those baby clothes!'

The post's author shared her motivation, saying, 'I recently used a service run by volunteers. I said when things were easier, I’d repay/donate back.'

Her actions have inspired others to share their own stories of giving back.

One woman mentioned her plan to donate discounted dummies to Baby Give Back, an organisation that helps needy families.

The ripple effect of one good deed has encouraged a community to look beyond their own needs and consider how they can help others.

In other news, an Aussie mother scored substantial savings on groceries by snapping up 'quick sale' items at her local Coles.

To find similar bargains, shoppers should ask their local store about markdown schedules and plan their shopping trips accordingly. You can read more about it here.
Key Takeaways
  • An Aussie mum found a heap of discounted items at Coles, including premium baby clothes.
  • She donated the baby clothes to a local charity instead of keeping all the markdowns for herself.
  • Others praised her selfless act in the Markdown Addicts Facebook Page community.
  • This act of kindness follows the mum's commitment to giving back to the community after receiving help.
Have you ever donated items you've purchased on sale or markdown? Do you have a story of generosity sparked by a simple act of saving money? Share your experiences in the comments below.

Sponsored