Sibling rivalry: Bindi Irwin drops sassy one-liner towards brother Robert

The Irwin family has long been a household name for decades.

Their advocacies, which started with the late Steve Irwin, have touched many animal lovers and conservationists worldwide.

His surviving family members took on the mantle, and his children recently engaged in a public sibling rivalry with an unexpected turn.

Wildlife conservationist Bindi Irwin threw down the gauntlet to her younger brother, Robert, in a playful manner.

The occasion for this familial jest? Robert Irwin, following in the footsteps of his famous family, was recently nominated for a Gold Logie for his role on I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!

This marked him as the youngest male nominee for this illustrious accolade.

compressed-irwin family.jpeg
The Irwin family is still active in their wildlife efforts after Steve's death. Image Credit: Instagram/Robert Irwin

The ever-doting yet cheeky Bindi could not let this moment pass without a bit of fun.

She took to social media and posted a nostalgic photo as she held her own 2008 Silver Logie.

She wrote, 'Hey Australia, vote for my awesome brother so he can catch up to me 16 years later…'

This lighthearted jab sparked an entertaining exchange that had their followers relishing the classic sibling banter.

Robert, not one to back down, quipped, 'At least mine's gold.'

Bindi then playfully retorted, 'You haven't won it yet.'

The banter escalated as Robert flaunted his double nomination, only for Bindi to double down with her Emmy award.

'Dang it,' Robert conceded playfully.

Bindi, who won the Silver Logie for her work in Bindi the Jungle Girl, has continued to shine in the public eye, not only for her TV presence but also for her wildlife conservation efforts.

Robert, who mirrored his family members' paths, was also nominated for the Bert Newton Award for Most Popular Presenter in the 2024 awards.

The playful rivalry between Bindi and Robert is a testament to their close-knit relationship and shared sense of humour.

It's a dynamic that endears them even more to their fans, who have watched them grow up in the public eye.

In a previous article, their mum Terri shared a candid reflection about raising the kids after Steve's death.

She shared that her children gave her purpose, courage, and happiness, stating motherhood is the best part of her life.

Terri, who is also involved in their family advocacy, continues their father's legacy with grace, humour, and a deep love for the natural world.
Key Takeaways

• Robert Irwin was nominated for a Gold Logie for his role in I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!, making him the youngest male ever nominated.
  • Bindi Irwin took to social media to tease her younger brother about his nomination and encouraged fans to vote for him.
  • The siblings engaged in lighthearted banter, showcasing their friendly rivalry, with Bindi boasting about her awards.
  • Robert was also nominated for the Bert Newton Award for Most Popular Presenter, with winners to be announced on August 18.
Have you ever engaged in similar sibling antics? Share your stories with us in the comments below, and let's celebrate the bonds that keep us smiling through life's adventures.

Sponsored