Shopper's simple checkout trick will streamline your grocery shopping experience: 'I love this'

While many of us here like the excitement and thrill of a crowded grocery store, there are also some (especially those with health issues) who would rather go in, buy what they need, and get out of there as quickly as possible.

If you belong to the latter group, we bet you're looking for more ways to make your weekly shopping much easier.

Here, one shopper reveals her checkout tip on social media, and it has already proven to be a huge hit among Aussies, with many hailing it as being practical and convenient.

Sharing on TikTok, Veronica revealed that there is one simple technique she usually follows while loading her groceries onto the conveyor belt to make her shopping trip much smoother for both her and the staff member.

seLdLIb3XYzWZidXA_YHayzBXblgSx0zpYp0Whcz4T8ELPJw5zvvebPcuh1yjl-dovvHk_wAbMzTvLzCZ8xwBcWOn0UQyV5Islq9jc8wlaaQLq4SgwiMOJmfenpoV_C-jEiHIS3kYnlOQP5ELH_I1axYbvzwBMIPlsunsJLPYE_I1Mz1kPcm2eI_HQ

This checkout hack from a Coles customer will change the way you shop. Credit: TikTok/peachedcosmetics.

Are you ready to learn her trick? It's quite simple! All she needs to do is divide her groceries into sections using a folded shopping bag; this way, the cashier will know what she wants to put in each bag.

Not only will this make packing so much faster, but it will also make unpacking groceries at home a breeze!

Veronica used to work as a cashier back in the day, and she 'absolutely hated it' when customers would simply dump their groceries onto the conveyor belt.

Her TikTok video has been viewed more than 890,000 times already, and both fellow shoppers and supermarket workers have given it a lot of praise.

'I love this as a cashier; it makes my life so much easier,' wrote one user in the comments section. Another added: 'Yessssssss, because as a cashier myself, it traumatises me when bags aren't packed logically!'

A third agreed and said, 'As a former cashier, this is amazing. half of the job is bagging correctly, and this is just beautiful.'

Some shoppers also commented that they had never heard of this method before and were excited to give it a try.

'I sort it on the belt but never thought to do that with the bags!' said one, with another adding, 'I need to start doing these with the bags. I put my stuff in order of packing, and they still move it around.'

So what do you say, members? We have never heard of this hack before, and it sounds like a brilliant solution to a common problem. We will definitely give this a go on our next trip to the supermarket! Are you willing to try this one as well?

Leave a comment below if you know of any more grocery hacks that the rest of us are missing out on – we would love to hear from you all!

Sponsored
Always go for the older women otherwise the groceries end up all over the place especially if the packer is a young person. The next worst is when the packer is quite new and just puts a few things in each bag then makes you purchase more bags. I like to be able to unpack in order when I am putting the groceries away.

No matter how many bags I take (and I take loads) and request they don't put too much in each bag (due to my lung problems and recovering from a fractured shoulder), I still get bags so heavy I cannot lift them and often the cashier is not happy at having to repack some of them so I can manage to get them in the trolley and then in my car boot.

They also don't know how to pack for home delivery. They put laundry items in with food. I know it is a cost saving thing but I dont' want my groceries, especially food, possibly contaminated by things like domestos. I appreciate them delivering to my door and me not having to carry up my stairs but a packing lesson or two wouldn't go astray.

I do the separation thing and group according to cold, fresh, packet, cleaning etc, but the cashier will take from anywhere and mix them, and they go to fill the bag up and I have to tell them not to. They also tip wet products on their sides like meat trays and despite plastic wrap can leak, they put frozen alongside packets which wets the packets.I've had soft fruits etc put under heavy items like potatoes etc. I have had to explain why some regardless of age require less in a bag due to injury and cashier couldn't believe the bag could not be lifted. They can't be being taught to pack this way. I'm so sick of having to teach cashiers common sense and explain almost every time.

While many of us here like the excitement and thrill of a crowded grocery store, there are also some (especially those with health issues) who would rather go in, buy what they need, and get out of there as quickly as possible.

If you belong to the latter group, we bet you're looking for more ways to make your weekly shopping much easier.

Here, one shopper reveals her checkout tip on social media, and it has already proven to be a huge hit among Aussies, with many hailing it as being practical and convenient.

Sharing on TikTok, Veronica revealed that there is one simple technique she usually follows while loading her groceries onto the conveyor belt to make her shopping trip much smoother for both her and the staff member.

seLdLIb3XYzWZidXA_YHayzBXblgSx0zpYp0Whcz4T8ELPJw5zvvebPcuh1yjl-dovvHk_wAbMzTvLzCZ8xwBcWOn0UQyV5Islq9jc8wlaaQLq4SgwiMOJmfenpoV_C-jEiHIS3kYnlOQP5ELH_I1axYbvzwBMIPlsunsJLPYE_I1Mz1kPcm2eI_HQ

This checkout hack from a Coles customer will change the way you shop. Credit: TikTok/peachedcosmetics.

Are you ready to learn her trick? It's quite simple! All she needs to do is divide her groceries into sections using a folded shopping bag; this way, the cashier will know what she wants to put in each bag.

Not only will this make packing so much faster, but it will also make unpacking groceries at home a breeze!

Veronica used to work as a cashier back in the day, and she 'absolutely hated it' when customers would simply dump their groceries onto the conveyor belt.

Her TikTok video has been viewed more than 890,000 times already, and both fellow shoppers and supermarket workers have given it a lot of praise.

'I love this as a cashier; it makes my life so much easier,' wrote one user in the comments section. Another added: 'Yessssssss, because as a cashier myself, it traumatises me when bags aren't packed logically!'

A third agreed and said, 'As a former cashier, this is amazing. half of the job is bagging correctly, and this is just beautiful.'

Some shoppers also commented that they had never heard of this method before and were excited to give it a try.

'I sort it on the belt but never thought to do that with the bags!' said one, with another adding, 'I need to start doing these with the bags. I put my stuff in order of packing, and they still move it around.'

So what do you say, members? We have never heard of this hack before, and it sounds like a brilliant solution to a common problem. We will definitely give this a go on our next trip to the supermarket! Are you willing to try this one as well?

Leave a comment below if you know of any more grocery hacks that the rest of us are missing out on – we would love to hear from you all!

I always put my shopping onto the belt in fruit vegs first followed by meat, dairy, packets and bread, then the rest of the pantry items followed by cleaning products. I find that works well for the people at the checkout but I don't put shopping bags between everything

Been doing this for years, it's amazing how many checkout staff pack strong smelling cleaning products in with food items,

I often get asked by the checkout person if it's ok for them to put this into that bag, usually it's ok and only a couple of times have I asked for the item to be packed separately.:)

Reactions: Tervueren and Wendy
I pack my shopping back into the trolley and bag it at my car. I used to have a problem with how expensive fruit was dumped by cashiers, causing bruising, but now self serve is 90% of checkouts I handle my own shopping as the one and only cashier is too slow.

No matter how many bags I take (and I take loads) and request they don't put too much in each bag (due to my lung problems and recovering from a fractured shoulder), I still get bags so heavy I cannot lift them and often the cashier is not happy at having to repack some of them so I can manage to get them in the trolley and then in my car boot.
Yes, I have the same problem! The young cashiers are the worst!

Yes we do this. Or more accurately, my other half does this and now I do too. Clever girl.

A couple of points. Great for ensuring the cold stuff goed into insulated bags.

Obviously you can't do this at Aldi. 🙄

Also, the last few times, the checkout person grabbed all the bags off the belt and did it their way. They obviously didn't get the memo. 😅

I put groceries etc in an order.....dry......(cereals biscuits) tins....fruit... freezer.*...(bag in car for frozen ).deli..*..

Reactions: Tervueren and Ricci
I put groceries etc in an order.....dry......(cereals biscuits) tins....fruit... freezer.*...(bag in car for frozen ).deli..*..
I have been Putting bags on the conveyor belt with specific groups of items that I want packed together since it became mandatory to supply your own bags.The rare times that I have just put all of the bags on the conveyor and let the checkout person sort it out I have ended up with collections of food and other items that should not be put into the same bag (like disinfectant with bread etc) I agree that where possible I do not go to a checkout with a younger person as they really do not have a clue how to pack. I always group the like items together, it makes it easier for the check out person as well as me when I get it all home. This method will def not work at Aldi by the way, their method of ringing through every item is just chaotic. Even if you do go to the trouble of sorting everything into the groups that you do want to pack together, I hate shopping there for this reason.

Reactions: Tervueren and Ricci
I have been Putting bags on the conveyor belt with specific groups of items that I want packed together since it became mandatory to supply your own bags.The rare times that I have just put all of the bags on the conveyor and let the checkout person sort it out I have ended up with collections of food and other items that should not be put into the same bag (like disinfectant with bread etc) I agree that where possible I do not go to a checkout with a younger person as they really do not have a clue how to pack. I always group the like items together, it makes it easier for the check out person as well as me when I get it all home. This method will def not work at Aldi by the way, their method of ringing through every item is just chaotic. Even if you do go to the trouble of sorting everything into the groups that you do want to pack together, I hate shopping there for this reason.
This is word for word what I would have written, could not agree more with all the points made

Reactions: Ricci