Shoppers share their $2.19 alternative to one famous snack: 'They are heaps better'

In The Land Down Under, there's an ongoing snack battle that has food lovers divided.

The iconic Arnott's Tim Tam, the chocolate-coated biscuit seen in Australian pantries since 1964, is facing stiff competition from a budget-friendly doppelgänger causing quite the stir.

Enter Belmont Biscuit Co's Just Divine biscuits ($2.19), available across ALDI stores nationwide.

Shoppers hailed the biscuits as a superior alternative to Tim Tam, which typically retails around $5.

ALDI shoppers took to social media to share their thoughts about the budget-friendly biscuits.

compressed-photo_Just Divine.jpeg
Several ALDI shoppers hailed the Just Divine biscuits as a cheaper alternative to Tim Tam. Image Credit: ALDI

'Whoever likes Tim Tams, buy the ALDI version. They are heaps better than Arnott's,' one shopper declared.

'My kids refuse the Arnott's ones. Now they have tried the ALDI one,' a mum chimed in.

'I 100 per cent agree! It's the same as the ALDI brand mint slice,' a third shared.

Other shoppers shared their newfound preference for the ALDI biscuits.

'We like them more, too,' one shopper said.

'My partner just finished a whole packet in one sitting as I was reading this. They are very nice,' another shared.

However, some shoppers and snack lovers still stand by the original Tim Tam.

'To each their own, but Tim Tams are 100 per cent better,' one defended.

'They are good for a cheap chocolate fix.'

'I'm sorry, but that's a straight-up lie,' another commented.

'Nothing compares to Tim Tams,' a third said.

Despite the divided opinions, ALDI's Just Divine biscuits made an impression, especially when it comes to value for money.

At $2.19 per packet, they offer a significant saving compared to Tim Tams.

However, Tim Tams frequently go on sale at major supermarkets, which could go for half the price.

Tim Tams also boast a variety of flavours and offers a gluten-free option.

The ALDI version, on the other hand, imitated the classic Tim Tam chocolate flavour.

'Compared to the original Tim Tams, I prefer the ALDI one. It tastes more like chocolate,' one shopper noted.

Yet, some feel something is missing.

'They're not bad for a chocolate biscuit, especially for the price, but they miss the malty flavour of actual Tim Tams,' another pointed out.

Perhaps the only way to settle this snack debate is to do a taste test of your own at home.
Key Takeaways

• ALDI shoppers claimed they found an alternative biscuit that is cheaper and better than Arnott's Tim Tam.
  • Belmont Biscuit Co's Just Divine Biscuits, sold at ALDI, has been praised for being a great value option compared to Tim Tam.
  • Some shoppers defended the original Tim Tam, stating that the ALDI version does not compare in taste.
  • While the ALDI biscuits are a cost-effective alternative, the original Tim Tams are noted for their variety of flavours and options.
Have you tried ALDI's Just Divine biscuits? Do they live up to the hype, or is Tim Tam still your chocolate-coated champion? Share your thoughts on this biscuit showdown in the comments below.

Sponsored