Shoppers puzzled over unusual Aussie snack collaboration – would YOU try it?

It seems like this pair of big brands are either running out of ideas or making history with their latest releases… But one thing’s for sure, they definitely captured the attention of shoppers.

A ‘crazy’ Aussie snack collaboration has officially hit Coles’ shelves and the word is spreading as quick as a flash. Primo Foods and Arnott's introduced two new $4 snacks: Primo Ham Bites and 100s & 1000s as well as Primo Mild Twiggy Bites and 100s & 1000s.

Thousands were floored by the unusual flavour combinations and have expressed mixed feelings about them, with some dubbing the treats a ‘national emergency’.

Primo Foods is known as an Australian staple. The brand is associated with bacon, ham, salami, and other lunch meats that are found in many homes and lunch boxes across the country.

KBu4Nx5IdQQtKRVBw4i2l8OsHwqOJ68UmZ53spHen7_36lfyEZODUgWDKd2E5YLJjYadXzEpU1mo4E1thQzQFscmMXbvUjbDew_b_zpCjwLy9GC7nHdHG-ZfU0qLnhOwiNZEONyohGLG3RDTd86cR8E-ubJsXMGgHzAIe66VEQKXuR3tXI30nQriyw
BfKTNcQFxjxdKSAA5Rb2yZUi8wXHyqwTulfQFi_tPuLjgp26JNQ5eQZegMVcUwY7Cj-emLJXNfppwuWL38U5A4-LZRCvB_a7M3Md7xDco4FPJRJ-tw-8vim9wZd7lfMoL85GiHAyrBaiFbxCQNx9Rtb6iacB55RnX-FwGdThwtULbg6mh_uYiyeiqQ

Are the combinations inventive or a crime against taste buds? Source: @wheelswordsmith, Twitter

On the other hand, Mild Twiggy Bites usually come in a duo, such as cheddar cheese and salted crackers, but this new twist to the iconic snack involves Arnott's Hundreds and Thousands biscuit.

When a Coles shopper spotted the strange snacks during a grocery shop, he immediately shared his discovery on Twitter for other Aussies to see, playfully asking the Prime Minister if he was aware of the 'heinous' collaboration.

Source: @wheelswordsmith

Dozens of users joined in on the discussion, detailing the various ways they were going to rebel against the snack.

'I'm going to start camping on the lawns of Parliament House to protest this.’ one man teased.

Another added: 'No, no, this is a man-made horror beyond my comprehension.'

'Why on earth would you want sprinkles on your meat?' a third questioned, while a fourth criticised: ‘This is absolutely disgusting. Why would anyone eat that?’

‘We have strayed too far from God’s light.’ one more joked.

However, many were in favour of the treat, claiming that it was 'practically a three-course meal.'

'It combines the main, cheese course, and dessert,' one user said. 'Practically fine dining.'

'This might be a controversial opinion, but this looks extremely good.' another chimed.

Who would’ve thought we’d actually live to see 100s & 1000s combined with… meat? What are your thoughts about these new snacks? Are you in favour of them? Will YOU try it? Let us know in the comments. We’re not sure if we’re brave enough…

Have a closer look at the snack by watching the video below:

Source: @deficitincalories

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
It seems like this pair of big brands are either running out of ideas or making history with their latest releases… But one thing’s for sure, they definitely captured the attention of shoppers.

A ‘crazy’ Aussie snack collaboration has officially hit Coles’ shelves and the word is spreading as quick as a flash. Primo Foods and Arnott's introduced two new $4 snacks: Primo Ham Bites and 100s & 1000s as well as Primo Mild Twiggy Bites and 100s & 1000s.

Thousands were floored by the unusual flavour combinations and have expressed mixed feelings about them, with some dubbing the treats a ‘national emergency’.

Primo Foods is known as an Australian staple. The brand is associated with bacon, ham, salami, and other lunch meats that are found in many homes and lunch boxes across the country.

KBu4Nx5IdQQtKRVBw4i2l8OsHwqOJ68UmZ53spHen7_36lfyEZODUgWDKd2E5YLJjYadXzEpU1mo4E1thQzQFscmMXbvUjbDew_b_zpCjwLy9GC7nHdHG-ZfU0qLnhOwiNZEONyohGLG3RDTd86cR8E-ubJsXMGgHzAIe66VEQKXuR3tXI30nQriyw
BfKTNcQFxjxdKSAA5Rb2yZUi8wXHyqwTulfQFi_tPuLjgp26JNQ5eQZegMVcUwY7Cj-emLJXNfppwuWL38U5A4-LZRCvB_a7M3Md7xDco4FPJRJ-tw-8vim9wZd7lfMoL85GiHAyrBaiFbxCQNx9Rtb6iacB55RnX-FwGdThwtULbg6mh_uYiyeiqQ

Are the combinations inventive or a crime against taste buds? Source: @wheelswordsmith, Twitter

On the other hand, Mild Twiggy Bites usually come in a duo, such as cheddar cheese and salted crackers, but this new twist to the iconic snack involves Arnott's Hundreds and Thousands biscuit.

When a Coles shopper spotted the strange snacks during a grocery shop, he immediately shared his discovery on Twitter for other Aussies to see, playfully asking the Prime Minister if he was aware of the 'heinous' collaboration.

Dozens of users joined in on the discussion, detailing the various ways they were going to rebel against the snack.

'I'm going to start camping on the lawns of Parliament House to protest this.’ one man teased.

'Why on earth would you want sprinkles on your meat?' a third questioned, while a fourth criticised: ‘This is absolutely disgusting. Why would anyone eat that?’

However, many were in favour of the treat, claiming that it was 'practically a three-course meal.'

'It combines the main, cheese course, and dessert,' one user said. 'Practically fine dining.'

'This might be a controversial opinion, but this looks extremely good.' another chimed.

Who would’ve thought we’d actually live to see 100s & 1000s combined with… meat? What are your thoughts about these new snacks? Are you in favour of them? Will YOU try it? Let us know in the comments. We’re not sure if we’re brave enough…

It's meat cheese and a biscuit nothing gross about that, a three course meal in a packet. Kids will love it and that is who it is aimed at. Lighten up people if you don't like it don't buy it.

Seems like an extremely expensive way to give young Tarquin Marmaduke something to chew on and spit onto the car upholstery when you are still one hundred miles from home. Can't you find a Maccas? ( They have dunnies, too! The odd one even makes a drinkable coffee....)

I doubt they are meant to be consumed together, at least I hope they haven't replaced the dry biscuit with a sweet one.

Although people have been seen eating McDonalds fries with the Macca's ice cream, so who knows...

Have you tried it. You won't know until you ,ve tried it. I can hear my mum years ago. These are meant to lure kiddies but I would buy it out of curiosity , and I'm 80🍷🍷

You're not supposed to eat them all together.
You don't eat apple pie with you roast beef and vegetables, you eat it last.
The biscuit in this case is for "dessert"