Shoppers Express Frustration Over Skyrocketing Pepsi Prices

Are you someone who enjoys sipping on a soft drink every now and then?

If so, you may have noticed that the cost of these beverages has been skyrocketing lately. In fact, it seems like everything from groceries to petrol prices is on the rise, and now our favourite drinks are not exempt from this trend.

With this sudden surge in prices, it may be time to reconsider how much we indulge in our beloved fizzy beverages.

Recently, shoppers have expressed their frustration over the sharp increase in the price of Pepsi.

Many have taken to social media to share their opinions and experiences, with some even admitting that they may have to cut back on the luxury item altogether.

One shopper on the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group expressed their disappointment, saying that Woolworths had recently hiked up the price of Pepsi to $35 a carton.

compressed-nikhil-eEumkKjg7Jo-unsplash.jpeg
Shoppers aired their frustration over the price of Pepsi Max. Credit: Unsplash

'Thankfully, we can live without it, and it’s a luxury for us. But honestly, at this rate, we won’t have any luxuries anymore,' they wrote.

'We already live off mince, chicken, the cheapest veg available, and rice to bulk the meals out.'

This post sparked discussion among shoppers, with some vowing to never buy Pepsi again.

One user wrote: ‘The price hikes are actually so insane, only 3 years ago they would be on special for less than $10!’

‘Not long ago, it was $10 when on special. These supermarkets are just jokes,’ another wrote.
Others pointed out that supermarkets seem to have a ‘cycle’ of raising and lowering prices for promotional purposes can be frustrating for customers.

One shopper claimed: ‘They put them up so that they can put them back down a month or so later and advertise they are cheaper than before. Only buy them at the lower cost.’

Here at Seniors Discount Club, our members have also noticed and commented on the inflation of Pepsi’s price.

One member said: ‘Everything has gone up, and still every fortnight when we shop, prices have gone up yet again.’

‘I used to buy a carton of Pepsi Max for $19 then it was $24 now just yesterday it is $35.50 I couldn't believe it. Guess I won't be buying Pepsi again.'

Another shared: ‘Same here, I no longer buy Pepsi for the same reason. They actually did me a favour, used to buy 3 or 4 packs of 30 per fortnight, now I buy none, better for my hip pocket and my waistline.’

Others have had to get creative in order to keep their wallet and waistline happy.

One user claimed: 'I have actually started using the Soda Stream syrup. I wait for them to be on special, and I stock up. It works out a lot cheaper.'

‘We buy it by the big bottle, seems more economical but we’ve had to cut back too. Even they’re $3 each now!’ another added.

A third suggested: ‘ALDI Cola no sugar cans honestly taste very similar.’

‘I too use to buy Pepsi Max but no more way to dear for me. I now buy Coles brand Que Cola no sugar only $1.10 for 1.25 L,’ another chimed in.

So how did this price spike come about in the first place? It appears the sharp increase may be linked to the CO2 shortage, which is impacting the manufacturers of beer and soft drinks.

Another factor is most likely the supermarkets, as prices can often be higher when the product is not on special.

Key Takeaways
  • Shoppers have expressed frustration over the sharp increase in the price of Pepsi.
  • Many people have taken to social media to share their opinions and experiences, with some admitting that they may have to cut back on the luxury item altogether.
  • A shopper reported that Woolworths had recently hiked up the price of Pepsi to $35 a box.
  • Alternatives and strategies to cope with the price increase are being shared amongst consumers, such as buying cheaper brands or using SodaStream syrup.

So folks, if the cost of your favourite beverages is leaving your wallet empty, then why not try some of the tips and tricks shared above?

After all, you might discover how you can still enjoy your favourite beverages without breaking the bank.

Do you have any advice on how to save money on groceries? Share your tricks and tips in the comments below!

We also recommend checking this article for more information on some health effects of drinking soft drinks (especially for men).

• Angry
Reactions: Shane/#
Sponsored

If so, you may have noticed that the cost of these beverages has been skyrocketing lately. In fact, it seems like everything from groceries to petrol prices is on the rise, and now our favourite drinks are not exempt from this trend.

With this sudden surge in prices, it may be time to reconsider how much we indulge in our beloved fizzy beverages.

Recently, shoppers have expressed their frustration over the sharp increase in the price of Pepsi.

Many have taken to social media to share their opinions and experiences, with some even admitting that they may have to cut back on the luxury item altogether.

One shopper on the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group expressed their disappointment, saying that Woolworths had recently hiked up the price of Pepsi to $35 a carton.

View attachment 18876

'Thankfully, we can live without it, and it’s a luxury for us. But honestly, at this rate, we won’t have any luxuries anymore,' they wrote.

'We already live off mince, chicken, the cheapest veg available, and rice to bulk the meals out.'

This post sparked discussion among shoppers, with some vowing to never buy Pepsi again.

One user wrote: ‘The price hikes are actually so insane, only 3 years ago they would be on special for less than $10!’

‘Not long ago, it was $10 when on special. These supermarkets are just jokes,’ another wrote.
Others pointed out that supermarkets seem to have a ‘cycle’ of raising and lowering prices for promotional purposes can be frustrating for customers.

One shopper claimed: ‘They put them up so that they can put them back down a month or so later and advertise they are cheaper than before. Only buy them at the lower cost.’

Here at Seniors Discount Club, our members have also noticed and commented on the inflation of Pepsi’s price.

One member said: ‘Everything has gone up, and still every fortnight when we shop, prices have gone up yet again.’

‘I used to buy a carton of Pepsi Max for $19 then it was $24 now just yesterday it is $35.50 I couldn't believe it. Guess I won't be buying Pepsi again.'

Another shared: ‘Same here, I no longer buy Pepsi for the same reason. They actually did me a favour, used to buy 3 or 4 packs of 30 per fortnight, now I buy none, better for my hip pocket and my waistline.’

Others have had to get creative in order to keep their wallet and waistline happy.

One user claimed: 'I have actually started using the Soda Stream syrup. I wait for them to be on special, and I stock up. It works out a lot cheaper.'

‘We buy it by the big bottle, seems more economical but we’ve had to cut back too. Even they’re $3 each now!’ another added.

‘I too use to buy Pepsi Max but no more way to dear for me. I now buy Coles brand Que Cola no sugar only $1.10 for 1.25 L,’ another chimed in.

So how did this price spike come about in the first place? It appears the sharp increase may be linked to the CO2 shortage, which is impacting the manufacturers of beer and soft drinks.

Another factor is most likely the supermarkets, as prices can often be higher when the product is not on special.

Key Takeaways

• Shoppers have expressed frustration over the sharp increase in the price of Pepsi.
  • Many people have taken to social media to share their opinions and experiences, with some admitting that they may have to cut back on the luxury item altogether.
  • A shopper reported that Woolworths had recently hiked up the price of Pepsi to $35 a box.
  • Alternatives and strategies to cope with the price increase are being shared amongst consumers, such as buying cheaper brands or using SodaStream syrup.

So folks, if the cost of your favourite beverages is leaving your wallet empty, then why not try some of the tips and tricks shared above?

After all, you might discover how you can still enjoy your favourite beverages without breaking the bank.

Do you have any advice on how to save money on groceries? Share your tricks and tips in the comments below!

We also recommend checking this article for more information on some health effects of drinking soft drinks (especially for men).
If I wanted Pepsi, I would just get some Coke and add 25% water.

• Haha
Reactions: Defiant540

View attachment 18876

Key Takeaways

You can buy 2L Pepsi for $3.20 at Woolies, but it is creeping up

The reason it was so cheap was that Pepsi wanted to flood the market against Coca Cola and have done this at loss for many years. Obviously the time must be up and they just can't afford to do this anymore. Coca Cola is the real thing and taste so much better anyway. Just have to buy these products now only when on special. BTW don't buy bulk and keep for too long they go off. I did have Pepsi Max Vanilla (a fav) but they go off and taste of gas before too long. Now I just stick with Coke Zero when wanting a cool drink.

Reactions: RTS

View attachment 18876

Key Takeaways

I no longer drink Pepsi Max but hubby still does. We gave it away due to the price hike but found 30 packs at Coles for $21 so I bought two packs. Won't be buying it unless it is this low

My luxury item is Pepsi max. It has gone up heaps but will still go on special every couple of weeks at either woolies or Coles.
By a Soda Stream, the Pepsi max syrup makes as good a drink as any Pepsi in a can...and I can make Fanta or a myriad of other drinks as good as any you buy, Tonic for my Gin and Tonic, you name it! Won't be long I don't think, and coke will be there too. I have not bought soft drinks for over 14 years now, have had my Soda stream for that long, how much have I saved....a bloody heap!!!
When I go away like I have this week to Sydney 2400 Kilometer drive I make half a dozen bottles and take them with me in the car fridge...all good.

Quote "So how did this price spike come about in the first place? It appears the sharp increase may be linked to the CO2 shortage" Unquote
Shortage? TURN IT UP!
This is the gas which all the Climate Change Crusaders tell us is going to kill us all and turn the planet into another Venus because humans are generating too much of it.
Now, Market Manipulation..... THERE's something to look harder at.

Reactions: RTS and Mark1
Be aware that the demand and price of SUGAR is to go through the roof. Crop failures because of floods and droughts in overseas countries is to blame.
By up now, it keeps, and you need enough for 12 months.
3kg at IGA, Gold and black.$3.80. Noticed this am that 2kg bad is cheaper than the 3kg bag. Check out the unit cost. Even CSR 15 kg bag is not much dearer than black and gold bag. And they had a sale on that at $24.99. I got 2 bags. Cook a lot and sugar is in everything.

Reactions: debjane and RTS
Pepsi 24x tins was $9.99 in 2015. Might have been sale price but not half price sale. So full price was about $14=$15.

It's been off my shopping list for several years now.

Blame Covid. The stores are.

View attachment 18876

Key Takeaways

Coles and Woolworths it's greed and profits before customer satisfaction thieving bastards 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Like Risky Dave, I use a soda stream. I generally only use it for soda water, but there are all sorts of flavours you can add to it. $20 for a change-over gas bottle and I go through two a year.

Reactions: terri and RTS
I buy pepsi when I have a big job to do, like painting a room. The extra energy allows me to power through and finish in one go. This effect is lost if I drink it often.

Wait till the new sugar tax hits these drinks! Doesn’t bother me I have never bought them!

Have you all noticed that when Coles puts the price up on an item, Woolworths has the same item on special. And if your town has an IGA then the round robin takes 3 weeks to complete. This happens particularly in the sale of Nestles Coffee Sticks.

Have you all noticed that when Coles puts the price up on an item, Woolworths has the same item on special. And if your town has an IGA then the round robin takes 3 weeks to complete. This happens particularly in the sale of Nestles Coffee Sticks.
So the trick is to observe which store is running the discount on a particular week and buy accordingly. Woolworths usually change their specials on Thursdays.