Shoppers erupt in laughter over unexpected bedding label mix-up

In the world of retail, attention to detail is everything, especially in the fine print.

But sometimes, a slip-up happens, and when it does, it can lead to unexpected hilarity.

That's precisely what occurred recently at Big W, one of Australia's beloved department stores, and it's left shoppers both baffled and in fits of laughter.

A seemingly routine purchase turned into a comedy of errors when a customer took to a popular social media group to share her confusion over a bedding purchase.

The group, a hub for Target, Kmart, and BIG W fans, is no stranger to the odd product review or shopping query.

1728011289550.png
Hilarious responses from shoppers were prompted by an innocent typo on BIG W bed sheet packaging. Credit: Facebook

However, this particular post struck a chord with its members for all the wrong reasons (or for the right reasons, depending on your sense of humour).

The shopper had intended to buy a queen-sized sheet but was left scratching her head when she discovered the packaging labelled the product as a 'Qouble' size.

'What is this? I bought this sheet thinking it was a Queen, but it says Qouble! What on earth does that mean? I am utterly perplexed...' she captioned.

The typo on the Openook cotton fitted sheet packaging was indeed a curious one.

Was it a simple printing error, or had BIG W inadvertently created a new bedding category?

The post's comments section quickly became a playground for pun enthusiasts and jokers alike.

'Did you have any quoble putting it on?' one member quipped, while another couldn't resist joining in, saying, 'I’m here for the Qomments.'

The puns kept coming, with another adding, 'This is quite quoblesome,' and yet another offering a more philosophical take:

'A Queen that identifies as a double—a non-binary sheet going against the thread of conformity.'

One person shared, 'The two printers had a romantic relationship,' and another confessed, 'It’s all so, so funny. I picked my phone up at 2 am, and this popped up, and now I can’t not read all the comments. I’m laughing so much, and everyone is asleep, and I can’t tell my husband.'

The post was a hit, with many declaring it the best they'd seen in the group. 'The comments have been very entertaining, but d*** I want to know if it fits!' one person exclaimed.

Amidst the laughter, some tried to solve the mystery.

One sleuth suggested, 'Just Googled and found this... Seems it’s a queen-size doona cover with double-sized sheets … maybe?'

But the plot thickened when an actual BIG W employee entered the fray, advising, 'I work at BIG W, and we definitely don’t sell Qouble.’

‘Take it back to the service desk and exchange it just in case! I feel like it’s probably a Double, not a Queen. Annoying that you have to, but yeah, that would be the best thing to do.'

In other news, An ALDI shopper noticed a ridiculous typo on the price tag of a protein packet, which was marked down from $310.18 to $248.09.

The shopper shared the photo of the overpriced chicken on social media, generating humorous reactions regarding the typo. You can read more about it here.
Key Takeaways
  • An innocent typo on BIG W bed sheet packaging prompted hilarious responses from shoppers.
  • The typo labelled a queen-size sheet as 'Qouble,' leaving customers perplexed and amused.
  • Shoppers took to social media to make light-hearted comments and puns about the misprint.
  • A BIG W worker advised the customer to return the mislabelled product for an exchange, indicating it might be a double rather than a queen-size sheet.
Have you ever encountered a funny typo or product error that left you in stitches? Share your stories with us in the comments below.

Sponsored