Shoppers buzz over $10 Kmart home security trick—don't miss this!

In the age of smart gadgets and high-tech home security systems, it is refreshing to find a simple, cost-effective solution that offers peace of mind and privacy.

Enter the latest buzz among Kmart shoppers: a $10 home security hack that's as clever as affordable.

The Removal Frosted Window Film ($10) is causing a stir and is now being hailed as the 'best $10 ever spent' by those who've discovered its benefits.

One happy customer took to social media to share their success story.

They posted before-and-after photos showing how the frosted film transformed their windows, preventing people from seeing through their houses.

1721088993389.png
Kmart shoppers praise a $10 frosted window film for home security. Credit: Facebook

They noted that the application process took a mere 20 minutes.

The post quickly garnered attention, with other group members commenting on their experiences and questions.

Queries about the ease of application and potential issues with air bubbles were met with helpful tips: all you need is a plastic scraper, a Stanley knife, and a spray bottle.

While the original poster admitted their first attempt wasn't perfect, they emphasised that the film 'does the job.'

Fellow Kmart enthusiasts offered additional advice, such as using a hairdryer to remove the film if needed.

Some even shared their privacy challenges and how the frosted film provided a solution, especially in rental properties where permanent changes aren't an option.

'Wow, what a difference. Amazing,' one shopper commented.

'Omg I so need this. I have a door similar to yours, and people just look straight in,' another person shared.

‘I did the same in my rental! The bottom 2 panels had this on it, but the top two didn't - everyone could see right up the centre of our house! Far too creepy for my liking, I like my privacy,’ a third said.

Some shoppers mentioned alternative products like Bunnings’ frost spray.

‘You can also buy a frost spray from Bunnings! Does the same thing. I used it on my doors,’ one said.

‘I did my windows with the tinting stuff from Bunnings .. omg my hubby and I nearly divorced over it,’ another humoured.

One shopper shared their delight at dressing in natural light without sacrificing privacy, thanks to the film on their dressing room window.

People found the Kmart product more straightforward to use than the Bunnings spray.

‘I used this on my dressing room window. Now I can leave the curtains open and dress in natural light!’ one person shared.

‘Much easier to apply than previous stuff I've bought from Bunnings.’ another echoed.

In a related story, an Aussie professional organiser shared tips for removing mould.

She recommended a preventative spray made from clove and tea tree oils mixed with white vinegar. Read more about her tips here.
Key Takeaways
  • Kmart shoppers praised a cheap and effective home security hack involving a removable frosted window film priced at $10.
  • The product offered privacy by preventing people from seeing inside homes, with shoppers sharing their positive experiences and photos on social media.
  • Customers discussed the ease of applying the window film, needing only essential tools and offering tips on avoiding air bubbles.
  • Some shoppers compared the Kmart window film favourably to similar products from Bunnings, citing it as easier to use and effective for maintaining privacy.
Have you tried this Kmart window film or a similar product? How has it changed your sense of security and privacy at home? Share your experiences and any additional tips you might have in the comments below.

Sponsored