Shoppers are calling this $5.50 Kmart item a 'must-buy'

Step stools have long been a household essential, offering a safe and effortless way to access those hard-to-reach spots.

This is precisely why Kmart's Folding Step Stool, priced at just $5.50 and celebrated for its versatility, portability, and its budget-friendly price, has ignited excitement among shoppers.

This compact and lightweight stool easily folds down, ensuring simple and convenient storage. When unfolded, it provides stable support for up to 100kg, making it robust enough for various household tasks.

Its non-slip tread on top guarantees secure footing, while the rubber caps on the bottom prevent the stool from sliding out from under you, whether you're reaching for items in the back of a cupboard or grabbing something from a high shelf.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 1.29.23 PM.png
The folding step stool has been flying off the shelves as customers rave about the product. Credit: Kmart.

Kmart reviewers have raved about the value and usefulness of this humble household helper.

Many love keeping it tucked beside the fridge for easy access to top shelves. 'Get yourself one of these; they're so useful. It's a good design, little folding step, I had this one for a year or two, worth every cent,' shared one enthusiastic shopper.

In addition to traditional uses in the kitchen, creative owners have discovered even more possibilities with this handy helper.

One woman keeps it in the shower to shave her legs more comfortably. A pet owner uses it to help her small dog climb onto the couch.

The compact size makes it perfect for stashing in the car for a quick boost at the campsite or for lakeside fishing.

Another called it the 'best for a footrest or mini table when camping.'

When using any step stool, remember to follow some basic safety precautions. First, only use it on flat, stable surfaces. Avoid overreaching and climb carefully.

Also, make sure the area around the step stool is clear of obstacles, rugs, or any other potential tripping hazards.

It's also important to wear sturdy, non-slip shoes or slippers with good traction. As you ascend or descend, always maintain three points of contact: two feet on the step stool and one hand on the handrails if they are available.

Lastly, don't forget to regularly inspect the step stool for any loose parts, cracks, or damage. If you find any issues, be sure to replace or repair the damaged step stool immediately.

Key Takeaways

• Kmart shoppers are highly praising a $5.50 Folding Step Stool, citing its versatility both indoors and outdoors.
  • Many have found the stool useful for various activities, from camping to storage assistance, even as a stepping stool for small pets.
  • The stool has a 100kg weight capacity and folds neatly to be stowed away when not in use.

So, if you want an easy way to reach that top shelf, this folding step stool could be the perfect solution. And at just $5.50, there's little reason not to grab one—or two—for all around the home.

Members, have you found clever uses for a step stool in your home? Share your tips and tricks in the comments below!

Sponsored
Step stools have long been a household essential, offering a safe and effortless way to access those hard-to-reach spots.

This is precisely why Kmart's Folding Step Stool, priced at just $5.50 and celebrated for its versatility, portability, and its budget-friendly price, has ignited excitement among shoppers.

This compact and lightweight stool easily folds down, ensuring simple and convenient storage. When unfolded, it provides stable support for up to 100kg, making it robust enough for various household tasks.

Its non-slip tread on top guarantees secure footing, while the rubber caps on the bottom prevent the stool from sliding out from under you, whether you're reaching for items in the back of a cupboard or grabbing something from a high shelf.

View attachment 33015
The folding step stool has been flying off the shelves as customers rave about the product. Credit: Kmart.

Kmart reviewers have raved about the value and usefulness of this humble household helper.

Many love keeping it tucked beside the fridge for easy access to top shelves. 'Get yourself one of these; they're so useful. It's a good design, little folding step, I had this one for a year or two, worth every cent,' shared one enthusiastic shopper.

In addition to traditional uses in the kitchen, creative owners have discovered even more possibilities with this handy helper.

One woman keeps it in the shower to shave her legs more comfortably. A pet owner uses it to help her small dog climb onto the couch.

The compact size makes it perfect for stashing in the car for a quick boost at the campsite or for lakeside fishing.

When using any step stool, remember to follow some basic safety precautions. First, only use it on flat, stable surfaces. Avoid overreaching and climb carefully.

Also, make sure the area around the step stool is clear of obstacles, rugs, or any other potential tripping hazards.

It's also important to wear sturdy, non-slip shoes or slippers with good traction. As you ascend or descend, always maintain three points of contact: two feet on the step stool and one hand on the handrails if they are available.

Lastly, don't forget to regularly inspect the step stool for any loose parts, cracks, or damage. If you find any issues, be sure to replace or repair the damaged step stool immediately.

Key Takeaways

• Kmart shoppers are highly praising a $5.50 Folding Step Stool, citing its versatility both indoors and outdoors.
  • Many have found the stool useful for various activities, from camping to storage assistance, even as a stepping stool for small pets.
  • The stool has a 100kg weight capacity and folds neatly to be stowed away when not in use.

So, if you want an easy way to reach that top shelf, this folding step stool could be the perfect solution. And at just $5.50, there's little reason not to grab one—or two—for all around the home.

Members, have you found clever uses for a step stool in your home? Share your tips and tricks in the comments below!
Had one like this for years!!!!not sure where I got it tho’ - don’t think it was Kmart!,,

Reactions: Gsr and TheBear

View attachment 33015

Key Takeaways

These stools are not safe. They break too easy. We have a metal one in our Motorhome. Safe as!!!!!

Reactions: MariaG and Observer
I have a similar one tucked at the side of the fridge. Being barely 5ft tall (or short) I use it multiple times a day. I even used to have one in the house bus when I worked in disability. Many times I couldn’t reach to pull down the back door. It was either that or enlist the help of a taller member of the public lol

A friend bought me a similar one from the reject shop and I have it in my wardrobe so I can reach things on the shelf above my clothes without always going and getting a chair. Very handy.

These are actually a bit dangerous. Wife bought one and it toppled. Not much of a platform to stand on.
And did you notice something else? They are made of plastic.

Check the weight load before using. They are not very strong. Great for the kids but not adults.

Reactions: marni
Yes I have two . So handy for so many things and fold up small. Agree though check your weight before using

I have 2. Bought at a Reject shop. Had them for years. Never toppled, never broken.
Yep I have had one for years, can’t remember where I got it. Used to use it to climb in my sons raised 4wd. Now use it in the house. Never had any problems with it. Very handy.

Reactions: Linwar
These stools are not safe. They break too easy. We have a metal one in our Motorhome. Safe as!!!!!
I agree. The folding stools can be unstable if not set properly.
The best buy we ever made was a step for a caravan entry. Sturdy, right height and fits in my pantry quite nicely.

Yep I have had one for years, can’t remember where I got it. Used to use it to climb in my sons raised 4wd. Now use it in the house. Never had any problems with it. Very handy.
I've had one for years as well, I keep it beside the fridge so I can reach into the top cupboards over the bench and the top of the pantry. It is so versatile, I used to use it to pull down the garage door until we got a remote opening door.