Shopper shares her secret to getting the most coveted items at Kmart

Have you ever walked into Kmart, your heart set on a particular item you saw online, only to find it missing from the shelves?

It's common, especially for popular budget products that sell out quickly.

But one clever Kmart shopper has shared a tip that could help you secure your desired item, even if it's not on the store shelves!

Ali, who goes by 7daysofmoney on social media, revealed an ingenious secret after a recent trip to her local Kmart.

She was on the hunt for a $15 Christmas Grinch onesie listed as 'in stock' online but nowhere to be found in the store.

Photo_20231218_080555_0000.png
A woman shared her tip on securing popular Kmart items. Image source: TikTok/@7daysofmoney.

'It said it was in stock. I get there and go through the store, but it's not there,' she shared in a video that has been viewed over 450,000 times.

After discussing the issue with Kmart staff, she was told, 'It’s there, it’s just out the back, there are nine of them.'

'What I needed to do is click-and-collect, and then [Kmart staff] have to go and look for it—that’s what one of the staff said,' she said, wishing she had known this tip sooner.

Ali's video sparked a flurry of responses from fellow Kmart shoppers.

Some were sceptical, insisting that click-and-collect did not work that way, while others confirmed that they had successfully used the click-and-collect method to secure items not on store shelves.

'I've done this. The website said it was in stock, nothing on the shelf…did a click-and-collect and had it the next day,' one shopper claimed.

While another shopper shared: 'I did this the other day with Christmas pyjamas! None in the store. Click-and-collect from that same store and [it was] there the next day!'

You can watch Ali’s full video below:

However, Kmart staff members clarified that the process isn't always as straightforward as Ali's tip suggested.

They explained that while there may be stock in the back, it has to go through a certain process before it can be put on the floor.

Therefore, the click-and-collect method won't always guarantee you'll get your item immediately.

'They aren’t just out the back where someone can just grab it,' one staff shared.

'It could be on one of the many pallets out the back. Has to be unpacked and scanned in first.'

While another added: 'I work in retail, and while this is true for our store, we won't waste too much time looking for it.'

Another Kmart worker shared that staff should just be able to check out the back if you ask them to.

But the tips didn't stop there.

Another Kmart enthusiast shared her own tip, revealing that she hardly ever visits a store anymore thanks to her OnePass account.

'We have OnePass, and for a few dollars a month, we get unlimited free delivery on Kmart and Target. We order everything,' she said.
Key Takeaways
  • A Kmart shopper shared a tip for securing 'in stock' items that aren't on the shelves.
  • Her tip was that the Kmart staff are prompted to look for the item in the stockroom when a click-and-collect order is placed.
  • There were mixed reactions from other shoppers and Kmart staff, with some confirming the tip’s success and others explaining the complexities of store stocking procedures.
  • Another shopper highlighted the benefits of the OnePass account for getting free delivery from Kmart and Target, suggesting it as an alternative shopping strategy.
What do you think of these Kmart shopping tips, dear members? Have you tried any of them, or do you have your own tips to share? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
I’ve done this. I actually ordered from the car park and got my item within two hours on click and collect

Have you ever walked into Kmart, your heart set on a particular item you saw online, only to find it missing from the shelves?

It's common, especially for popular budget products that sell out quickly.

But one clever Kmart shopper has shared a tip that could help you secure your desired item, even if it's not on the store shelves!

Ali, who goes by 7daysofmoney on social media, revealed an ingenious secret after a recent trip to her local Kmart.

She was on the hunt for a $15 Christmas Grinch onesie listed as 'in stock' online but nowhere to be found in the store.

View attachment 37764
A woman shared her tip on securing popular Kmart items. Image source: TikTok/@7daysofmoney.

'It said it was in stock. I get there and go through the store, but it's not there,' she shared in a video that has been viewed over 450,000 times.

After discussing the issue with Kmart staff, she was told, 'It’s there, it’s just out the back, there are nine of them.'

'What I needed to do is click-and-collect, and then [Kmart staff] have to go and look for it—that’s what one of the staff said,' she said, wishing she had known this tip sooner.

Ali's video sparked a flurry of responses from fellow Kmart shoppers.

Some were sceptical, insisting that click-and-collect did not work that way, while others confirmed that they had successfully used the click-and-collect method to secure items not on store shelves.

'I've done this. The website said it was in stock, nothing on the shelf…did a click-and-collect and had it the next day,' one shopper claimed.

While another shopper shared: 'I did this the other day with Christmas pyjamas! None in the store. Click-and-collect from that same store and [it was] there the next day!'

You can watch Ali’s full video below:

However, Kmart staff members clarified that the process isn't always as straightforward as Ali's tip suggested.

They explained that while there may be stock in the back, it has to go through a certain process before it can be put on the floor.

Therefore, the click-and-collect method won't always guarantee you'll get your item immediately.

'They aren’t just out the back where someone can just grab it,' one staff shared.

'It could be on one of the many pallets out the back. Has to be unpacked and scanned in first.'

While another added: 'I work in retail, and while this is true for our store, we won't waste too much time looking for it.'

Another Kmart worker shared that staff should just be able to check out the back if you ask them to.

But the tips didn't stop there.

Another Kmart enthusiast shared her own tip, revealing that she hardly ever visits a store anymore thanks to her OnePass account.

'We have OnePass, and for a few dollars a month, we get unlimited free delivery on Kmart and Target. We order everything,' she said.
Key Takeaways

• A Kmart shopper shared a tip for securing 'in stock' items that aren't on the shelves.
  • Her tip was that the Kmart staff are prompted to look for the item in the stockroom when a click-and-collect order is placed.
  • There were mixed reactions from other shoppers and Kmart staff, with some confirming the tip’s success and others explaining the complexities of store stocking procedures.
  • Another shopper highlighted the benefits of the OnePass account for getting free delivery from Kmart and Target, suggesting it as an alternative shopping strategy.
What do you think of these Kmart shopping tips, dear members? Have you tried any of them, or do you have your own tips to share? Let us know in the comments below!
Some good tips... but I'm cutting back on buying this Christmas, we can all do without some of the stuff we get at Kmart etc. Instead will put the money towards a holiday.

Reactions: Colette 3799