Shopper scores $660 worth of Bonds underwear for just $100 – what a bargain!

Sharing on a popular bargain-hunting Facebook page, a thrifty mum has revealed her latest successful haul: a bundle of Bonds underwear that was originally priced at $660 but she only paid $100.

Twelve bras, eight packets of socks, two packets of men's underwear, and three packs of opaque tights were among the items she was able to secure for her family.

What a bargain!

3TcS2g0GFArmTwYlEW45Pw9hypErqsPA7ERojKkQk8GHRZY3oTwgtCxV6dkZOHHofuJmpiWG6S28oeAxbe7UaUPLL7P138sPo14N-lstHu_YRHeYMeqPOn-xTtAMuhvBB42bzftCM0Sp8M7vAzigaSA

The mum picked up a huge haul of underwear for her family for just $100. Credit: Facebook.
The budget-savvy mum posted a picture of her huge haul and said that she got all of the items at an outlet store that was having a sale.

However, when asked which store it was, she became somewhat evasive, as did others who recognised the deals being offered.

'Looks like we will have to head back there today,' wrote one woman in the comments, mentioning and tagging her friend.

According to the mum, the shop that she went to is open during the week from ten in the morning until four in the afternoon, and it was absolutely worth the effort to go there.

Even though the majority of people in the comments were impressed with the haul, they also said that the items weren't worth the full $660.

One user wrote in the comments, 'Just like with many things, the price goes up and the quality goes down over time. Some items are very hit or miss, but at $100, they are a great deal.'

Another person chimed in, saying, 'The bras are a bargain, as they usually cost $59 each, and they are so comfortable.'

t87Ujq-cWFetlyqI70CxduqoJUuJD5Fct5NM7u9Rb3kNlUxhhsjOEePbLAToTM1LupKpOdKcG_4dw4P1GJg0S6ff0yKJGTDVrJ7OnOKeNTTd5gB2Ex1ZZx5Z3i_c2zoZh048ukXmojr7HMl9mcZOhzQ

Based on hundreds of customer reviews, the retail store received 1.6 out of 5 stars online. Credit: Google Maps.

It is incredible that this one mother was able to save hundreds of dollars simply by being in the right place at the right time.

But are the savings really worth buying Bonds goods or visiting Bonds stores? According to hundreds of people at ProductReview, probably not…

On the website, the retail outlet was given a disappointing rating of 1.6 stars out of a possible 5, based on the feedback provided by hundreds of customers.

It would appear that the products are below par in both quality and standards. One woman who bought an item wrote, 'Their pantyhose are hands down the absolute worst quality I have ever experienced; they don't stay up, end up covered in pilling and are uncomfortable.'

'I am starting to suspect that Bonds are deliberately making their products as terrible as possible; (holes, seams that fall apart, socks ruined after 2 washes) in the hope that you just keep buying more and more Bonds,' she added.

A second person said, 'I have had my Bonds skinny track pants for less than a year and have holes appearing randomly in the fabric – not at the seams but rather the material has pulled apart in places.'

Meanwhile, a third person wrote, 'After 20 years, my relationship with Bonds has come to an end. After less than 3 months of owning them, the most recent pair of women's underwear I bought has holes around the elastic and is already sagging and loose. How did such a reputable brand end up like this?'

You've read it here, folks! Even though some deals appear to be too good to be true, we have to advise that before making any purchases, it is best to thoroughly check both the store and the items that you are interested in buying.

What are your thoughts? Have you also gotten good deals at the Bonds outlet? Or did you also have a disappointing experience? Please share with us in the comments!

Sponsored
Trading on their name is sure the correct phase to use here. I always bought my hubby bonds socks and they use to last forever...so much so that I use to cull out the older ones with new ones ....now he's lucky to get a few months out of a pair before they start to get holes and saggy tops. I buy socks from alsi now and they seem to last a lot better

Reactions: Ricci
I used to swear by Bonds, and many years ago shopped at their factory outlet in Camperdown. Not any more, sadly, as the quality has gone down while the prices have gone up. It isn't just that the garments aren't as well made these days, the fabric itself is inferior.

NOT Bonds but I bought another extrremely well known brand of men's underwear. Two months later there were holes in some of them as the material thinned out. Complaints to the company have not received a response. I have since returned to Bonds

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci