Shopper repurposes $35 trolleys from Kmart and creates a STUNNING kitchen island – “Absolute genius!”

Is your kitchen due for an upgrade? One shopper amazed thousands by simply repurposing a few $35 Kmart kitchen trolleys into a makeshift kitchen island.

The mum took to a popular Facebook group, Kmart Hacks & Decor, to share her clever idea – and tons of fellow members absolutely loved the result!

“I bought four of these $35 kitchen trolleys and joined them together to make an island bench in my small kitchen,” she captioned her post. “I’m in love!”

The mum simply bought four of the same trolleys and placed them adjacent to each other to create a square-shaped bench-top and storage unit. She incorporated a few storage boxes and tops it all off with some decor pieces and greens intricately placed in a cupcake holder.

2jroZXCAfPZYaFv-5IcvcvI6FNhVCKf-R3ph6fOge9m1V6ahn-kO_wZnzrSgjxwA5z_jDR6uFJGPJbIpYQwXH5eeVf4dCS3KocLCOHBvisYO-bE0tuuyoBEbSWoOHRFYSZd5hIESMEBXFf_ssw

A makeshift kitchen island using trolleys. Image Credit: Kmart Hacks & Decor

One of the perks of making your own kitchen island is the creative freedom it comes with. You can modify it to fit your preference or opt for a design that easily blends with the rest of your furniture.

The mum's genius idea garnered over 6.4k ‘likes’ along with hundreds of comments from users who are keen to give her trick a shot for themselves.

“OMG! You’re a legend. How are you just so clever? I would have never of thought of such a fantastic idea.” praised one member.

“Amazing creativity! This could be the new laundry hamper or rubbish bin trend. Looks fabulous!” wrote another.

“Fantastic! Looks brilliant and I love your kitchen!!” wrote a third.

One mum asked: “How did you join all of the trolleys together? They look amazing.” to which the shopper replied: “With nails and screws! They are all screwed together from the inside.”

“That’s a really clever idea, and you could even join more if you wanted a bigger island!” pointed out one more.

8yQKBiy73PDX3BNtCR2X3Q4_NFCa3X92JExyR5u2jEOm3hVg6tr2qCLMGFR63uPGYYny6lt6vguwIL8i5wdKPVupdbBv8G4KXnybgeAyeWnpB4M5erdVe5cDiGA_RI6-nzlVTci27w8gxMNINQ
PuB70AUZHAvhNMGlsMhcXTUwqlTbylt7mZrLiRIgvmMhoBIPjC0zqRyPJyp1tdnP9o5Mm2c25FC98GuA7FlqdwTLlV04L-9FotSj2Z1pXGgIEQDvOyYFzIzqrZtgxLI3PYlj8yz8bBFQKo96Hg

The kitchen island from different angles. Image Credit: Kmart Hacks & Decor

Others were thrilled about the trick being perfect for those renting a space.

“I've always wanted a kitchen island like in the movies but no house I've rented has had them... until now,” said one.

“I have a small kitchen but I feel like only using two of those trolleys would work wonders for the decor,” added another.

The shopper followed up with a comment, saying: “Thank you, everyone. I have tried to respond to all your comments but it can be difficult. I really enjoyed this hack and I think it’s been the most practical I have achieved so far. I will keep trying and sharing more…”

While Kmart no longer stocks the specific trolley that the mum used, the retailer still has similar options available for purchase, such as the $62 Kitchen Bench Prep Trolley.

What are your thoughts on this decor hack? Share them with us in the comments!

Looking for more budget DIY ideas for a kitchen island? Watch the video below:

Video Credit: Glenda Chavez

Sponsored
Must be some time ago as can't see any $35 kitchen trolleys that look like this.

Reactions: Ricci
Shopper repurposes $35 trolleys from Kmart and creates a STUNNING kitchen island – “Absolute genius!”

Is your kitchen due for an upgrade? One shopper amazed thousands by simply repurposing a few $35 Kmart kitchen trolleys into a makeshift kitchen island.

The mum took to a popular Facebook group, Kmart Hacks & Decor, to share her clever idea – and tons of fellow members absolutely loved the result!

“I bought four of these $35 kitchen trolleys and joined them together to make an island bench in my small kitchen,” she captioned her post. “I’m in love!”

The mum simply bought four of the same trolleys and placed them adjacent to each other to create a square-shaped bench-top and storage unit. She incorporated a few storage boxes and tops it all off with some decor pieces and greens intricately placed in a cupcake holder.

2jroZXCAfPZYaFv-5IcvcvI6FNhVCKf-R3ph6fOge9m1V6ahn-kO_wZnzrSgjxwA5z_jDR6uFJGPJbIpYQwXH5eeVf4dCS3KocLCOHBvisYO-bE0tuuyoBEbSWoOHRFYSZd5hIESMEBXFf_ssw

A makeshift kitchen island using trolleys. Image Credit: Kmart Hacks & Decor

One of the perks of making your own kitchen island is the creative freedom it comes with. You can modify it to fit your preference or opt for a design that easily blends with the rest of your furniture.

The mum's genius idea garnered over 6.4k ‘likes’ along with hundreds of comments from users who are keen to give her trick a shot for themselves.

“OMG! You’re a legend. How are you just so clever? I would have never of thought of such a fantastic idea.” praised one member.

“Amazing creativity! This could be the new laundry hamper or rubbish bin trend. Looks fabulous!” wrote another.

“Fantastic! Looks brilliant and I love your kitchen!!” wrote a third.

One mum asked: “How did you join all of the trolleys together? They look amazing.” to which the shopper replied: “With nails and screws! They are all screwed together from the inside.”

“That’s a really clever idea, and you could even join more if you wanted a bigger island!” pointed out one more.

8yQKBiy73PDX3BNtCR2X3Q4_NFCa3X92JExyR5u2jEOm3hVg6tr2qCLMGFR63uPGYYny6lt6vguwIL8i5wdKPVupdbBv8G4KXnybgeAyeWnpB4M5erdVe5cDiGA_RI6-nzlVTci27w8gxMNINQ
PuB70AUZHAvhNMGlsMhcXTUwqlTbylt7mZrLiRIgvmMhoBIPjC0zqRyPJyp1tdnP9o5Mm2c25FC98GuA7FlqdwTLlV04L-9FotSj2Z1pXGgIEQDvOyYFzIzqrZtgxLI3PYlj8yz8bBFQKo96Hg

The kitchen island from different angles. Image Credit: Kmart Hacks & Decor

Others were thrilled about the trick being perfect for those renting a space.

“I've always wanted a kitchen island like in the movies but no house I've rented has had them... until now,” said one.

“I have a small kitchen but I feel like only using two of those trolleys would work wonders for the decor,” added another.

The shopper followed up with a comment, saying: “Thank you, everyone. I have tried to respond to all your comments but it can be difficult. I really enjoyed this hack and I think it’s been the most practical I have achieved so far. I will keep trying and sharing more…”

While Kmart no longer stocks the specific trolley that the mum used, the retailer still has similar options available for purchase, such as the $62 Kitchen Bench Prep Trolley.

What are your thoughts on this decor hack? Share them with us in the comments!

Looking for more budget DIY ideas for a kitchen island? Watch the video below:

Video Credit: Glenda Chavez

I have 2 of these trolleys and about to try this. thank you and due to Kmart not coming to collect these when asked I got them for nothing. Better still.

Reactions: Ricci