Shopper feels wrath of Kmart mums over Christmas tree buy

One user on TikTok has unexpectedly gone viral for sharing her reaction to a $10 Kmart Christmas tree buy, attracting the wrath of ‘Kmart mums’.

Lily bought the $10 Columbia Pine Christmas tree from Kmart and posted a reaction video on TikTok, joking in the caption: “@kmartaustralia, you have some explaining to do.”

Her humour seemed to have backfired, the shopper now claiming she had “Kmart mums yelling” at her after the clip went viral.

F0Y679C-kV1ocImd_wQzNYW11VqknLpU85ZinxM44UvaobJ6F_rV4lFd7UuEfVPz_mrQml3VboIT5SKboArafU4YB8REzAT_kbNXw6p6C_LBtR52uN9AKLci4S2tvtrlDqVdu_-V

Expectation vs. Reality. Photo from TikTok / @lils.drum.

Lily’s video showed her comparing the tree pictured on the packaging against the rather lifeless looking tree that came out of the box.

Since posting, the video amassed over 3.1M views and 541.9K likes.

Many people laughed with Lily, seeing the humour in the unfortunate situation.

One user who claimed to be a Kmart employee joked: “I take no responsibility for this.”

“It’s still loading; give it a sec,” said another person.

Other users suggested different methods of saving the tree, saying it just needed some tender loving care.

“Honey… fluff the freaking tree,” wrote one viewer. Another person chimed in, saying: “I can hear the Kmart mums yelling ‘fluff it’ from here.”

After the public outrage, Lily posted a follow-up video saying: “To literally everyone who’s been saying, ‘you haven’t fluffed it out yet, and you need to leave the little tree leave and blah blah blah’. OK, I get you. I hear you, but she still looks sad, does she not?”

Lily also said that her “joke” had Kmart mums yelling at her “through a phone screen”.

Uh oh, that tree doesn’t look too good. Always fluff your Christmas tree, folks! And remember, never get on the wrong side of Kmart mums.

If you want a simple trick on fluffing your Christmas tree, you could try reading this article we wrote a few weeks ago.

Sponsored
Shopper feels wrath of Kmart mums over Christmas tree buy

One user on TikTok has unexpectedly gone viral for sharing her reaction to a $10 Kmart Christmas tree buy, attracting the wrath of ‘Kmart mums’.

Lily bought the $10 Columbia Pine Christmas tree from Kmart and posted a reaction video on TikTok, joking in the caption: “@kmartaustralia, you have some explaining to do.”

Her humour seemed to have backfired, the shopper now claiming she had “Kmart mums yelling” at her after the clip went viral.

F0Y679C-kV1ocImd_wQzNYW11VqknLpU85ZinxM44UvaobJ6F_rV4lFd7UuEfVPz_mrQml3VboIT5SKboArafU4YB8REzAT_kbNXw6p6C_LBtR52uN9AKLci4S2tvtrlDqVdu_-V

Expectation vs. Reality. Photo from TikTok / @lils.drum.

Lily’s video showed her comparing the tree pictured on the packaging against the rather lifeless looking tree that came out of the box.

Since posting, the video amassed over 3.1M views and 541.9K likes.

Many people laughed with Lily, seeing the humour in the unfortunate situation.

One user who claimed to be a Kmart employee joked: “I take no responsibility for this.”

“It’s still loading; give it a sec,” said another person.

Other users suggested different methods of saving the tree, saying it just needed some tender loving care.

“Honey… fluff the freaking tree,” wrote one viewer. Another person chimed in, saying: “I can hear the Kmart mums yelling ‘fluff it’ from here.”

After the public outrage, Lily posted a follow-up video saying: “To literally everyone who’s been saying, ‘you haven’t fluffed it out yet, and you need to leave the little tree leave and blah blah blah’. OK, I get you. I hear you, but she still looks sad, does she not?”

Lily also said that her “joke” had Kmart mums yelling at her “through a phone screen”.

Uh oh, that tree doesn’t look too good. Always fluff your Christmas tree, folks! And remember, never get on the wrong side of Kmart mums.

If you want a simple trick on fluffing your Christmas tree, you could try reading this article we wrote a few weeks ago.

It is a $10 tree, did she really expect it to look anything like realistic. Cover with tinsel, problem solved.

The tree looked nothing like the picture on the box but it should. It’s false advertising otherwise. Okay it’s $10 Christmas 🎄 but that shouldn’t matter.