Shocking revelation! Find out why this professional cleaner ditches gloves when cleaning toilets

We’ve all seen it before–those funny or frustrated comments from online viewers when they spot a professional cleaner doing this and that while presenting the latest tip they profess will solve all our cleaning woes.

But have you ever seen a cleaner not wearing gloves while cleaning a toilet?

Recently, a pro-cleaner named Allison raised more than a few eyebrows when she admitted that she wasn’t the biggest fan of wearing the ol’ rubber goods while cleaning arguably one of the more…unsanitary things in the house.

In a video she posted online, her gloveless hand could be seen scrubbing away at a toilet bowl with a pumice stone. Needless to say, many were outright repulsed.

‘Hold up! Before you get mad, even though there are people that are going to get mad, this toilet is clean and disinfected, then I go in with the pumice stone,’ she said.

'Most likely this toilet is cleaner than what you're watching the video on–I mean when was the last time you cleaned your phone or computer?'

Her question triggered a slurry of somewhat defensive responses.

‘Girl, I don’t poop on my phone,’ a user said.

A second added in jest: ‘You didn’t have to attack me on the last time I cleaned my phone.’

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 1.59.11 PM.png
Contrary to popular belief, gloves aren’t necessarily sanitary. Image source: nakaridore on Freepik.

Now, to the more burning question: why wasn’t she wearing gloves?

At least according to Allison, gloves aren't necessarily sanitary because they need to be disinfected after use or in between cleaning different surfaces.

'I choose to just wash my hands all day [every] day! Also, don't forget to clean your phone!' she exclaimed.

Ironically, the average home toilet only requires a clean once a week, while many of us simply never think to clean our phones.

But it turns out Allison may be onto something! A research from the University of Arizona found mobile phones have 10 times more bacteria than most toilet seats!

Producing the video with the disclaimer also seems to have helped ease the criticism of Allison, because the conversation in the comments section was instead focussed on the pumice stone, which she was using for the toilet bowl.

The truth is, gloves can be helpful for protecting your skin and nails, but as long as you're washing your hands when you’re done cleaning, they are no longer essential.

On the other hand, gloves are a great way to stop your skin from drying out or becoming irritated from harsh cleaning products and hot water.

At the end of the day, how you clean is your business. Just always remember to observe proper hygiene!

Here’s another trick to make sure your toilets are squeaky clean! But are you willing to forgo the gloves? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below!

Reactions: Ricki and janj
Sponsored
I only wore gloves when cleaning out rentals and deceased estates. Had a client who refused me to clean her toilet, she felt it was beneath me, I liked her!
I never wore gloves for my regular private homes, because being there weekly, it’s like being at home. Never had any complaints, hospital admissions or funny tummy syndrome after I cleaned people homes, nor did they.

We’ve all seen it before–those funny or frustrated comments from online viewers when they spot a professional cleaner doing this and that while presenting the latest tip they profess will solve all our cleaning woes.

Recently, a pro-cleaner named Allison raised more than a few eyebrows when she admitted that she wasn’t the biggest fan of wearing the ol’ rubber goods while cleaning arguably one of the more…unsanitary things in the house.

In a video she posted online, her gloveless hand could be seen scrubbing away at a toilet bowl with a pumice stone. Needless to say, many were outright repulsed.

‘Hold up! Before you get mad, even though there are people that are going to get mad, this toilet is clean and disinfected, then I go in with the pumice stone,’ she said.

'Most likely this toilet is cleaner than what you're watching the video on–I mean when was the last time you cleaned your phone or computer?'

A second added in jest: ‘You didn’t have to attack me on the last time I cleaned my phone.’

View attachment 26970
Contrary to popular belief, gloves aren’t necessarily sanitary. Image source: nakaridore on Freepik.

At least according to Allison, gloves aren't necessarily sanitary because they need to be disinfected after use or in between cleaning different surfaces.

'I choose to just wash my hands all day [every] day! Also, don't forget to clean your phone!' she exclaimed.

Ironically, the average home toilet only requires a clean once a week, while many of us simply never think to clean our phones.

But it turns out Allison may be onto something! A research from the University of Arizona found mobile phones have 10 times more bacteria than most toilet seats!

Producing the video with the disclaimer also seems to have helped ease the criticism of Allison, because the conversation in the comments section was instead focussed on the pumice stone, which she was using for the toilet bowl.

The truth is, gloves can be helpful for protecting your skin and nails, but as long as you're washing your hands when you’re done cleaning, they are no longer essential.

On the other hand, gloves are a great way to stop your skin from drying out or becoming irritated from harsh cleaning products and hot water.

At the end of the day, how you clean is your business. Just always remember to observe proper hygiene!

Here’s another trick to make sure your toilets are squeaky clean! But are you willing to forgo the gloves? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below!

SO GROSS!!!! for F's sake wear some gloves! That is disgusting and gross to not too. Hell i can't even clean the loo without gloves and a set of old clothes on then when i am done the disgusting job i toss the gloves in the bin, scrub up and change out of the old clothes which go into the washing machine. The loo is probably the one cleaning job i dread the most. Not to mention the smell from the powerful cleaning fluids that chokes me in the tiniest room of the house.
If only loos were self cleaning!

I have never worn gloves to clean the toilets in my own home but certainly would if I was cleaning someone else’s loo.

Reactions: terri and Ricki

View attachment 26970