Shocking Beauty Trend: The 'Brutal' Procedure That Promises to Restore Your Virginity Experience

In a world where the pursuit of aesthetic perfection seems to know no bounds, a controversial cosmetic procedure is gaining traction, promising women the chance to reclaim a semblance of their youthful intimacy. Labiaplasty, a surgery that reshapes or reduces the size of the labia minora, is being sought after by more women, with some even opting for vaginal tightening to enhance their sexual experience.

The procedure, which has been dubbed by some as a way to make one 'like a virgin again', has seen a significant increase in popularity. According to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), there were 194,086 labiaplasty procedures in 2022, marking a 46 per cent rise over the previous four years. This uptick in demand is a stark contrast to the waning interest in other extreme cosmetic surgeries such as the Brazilian butt lift.

compressed-doctor doing surgery.jpeg
Labiaplasty became a controversial medical procedure, which earned mixed reactions from women. Image Credit: Pexels/Anna Shvets

Celebrities have played a role in bringing attention to vaginal rejuvenation procedures. Stars like Jenn Harley, formerly of Jersey Shore: Family Vacation, and Jessi Ngatikaura of The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives have not only undergone these surgeries but have also spoken publicly about their experiences. Harley, for instance, underwent a laser vaginal tightening procedure with Dr. Aimee Nguyen in Texas, aiming to restore her body post-childbirth. Ngatikaura, on the other hand, chose labiaplasty to address discomfort and aesthetic concerns, candidly discussing the process and recovery on her Hulu series.

The labiaplasty surgery itself involves the removal of excess tissue, which can be done with a scalpel or laser, and typically takes one to two hours. Recovery can be painful, with a period of abstinence from sexual activity recommended to allow proper healing. Despite the discomfort, many women, like Ngatikaura, express satisfaction with the results, describing their post-operative state as 'perfect.'

However, the procedure is not without its critics. Body image experts and activists, such as Ellie Sedgwick, warn against the potential risks and the message it sends to society, particularly young girls. Sedgick emphasises that the inner labia, often the target of reduction in labiaplasty, is rich in nerve endings and integral to sexual pleasure. The concern is that women may be sacrificing sexual function for aesthetic appeal, influenced by unrealistic beauty standards perpetuated by media and celebrity culture.

Board-certified plastic surgeons like Dr. Deepak Dugar explain that most candidates for labiaplasty are mothers who have experienced changes in their bodies post-childbirth. He notes that there is a degree of customisation available in the procedure, with different surgical techniques like the trim or wedge methods. Dr. Dugar stresses the importance of consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon to understand the options and potential outcomes.

The rise of labiaplasty and vaginal tightening surgeries raises important questions about body image, societal pressures, and the lengths to which individuals will go for personal satisfaction or to meet perceived standards of beauty. It's a complex issue that intertwines personal choice with cultural influence, and it's one that doesn't have easy answers.

For our readers at the Seniors Discount Club, we understand that the topic of cosmetic surgery can be a sensitive one. It's essential to approach such decisions with care, seeking professional advice and considering the long-term implications on health and well-being. If you or someone you know is contemplating a cosmetic procedure, we encourage a thorough exploration of the risks and benefits, as well as an honest discussion about motivations and expectations.
Key Takeaways

• Labiaplasty surgery is becoming increasingly popular, with a 46% increase in procedures over the past four years according to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
  • Celebrities such as Jenn Harley and Jessi Ngatikaura have openly discussed their vaginal rejuvenation procedures, including labiaplasty and vaginal tightening.
  • Body image expert Ellie Sedgwick warns against labiaplasty, suggesting it could remove nerve endings from a sensitive area and promote unrealistic beauty standards.
  • Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr Deepak Dugar explains that there are various types of labiaplasty, and customisation is possible, but recovery can involve pain, bleeding, and a period of abstinence from sexual activity.
We'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic. Have you noticed a change in attitudes towards cosmetic surgery in recent years? Do you believe procedures like labiaplasty should be more openly discussed, or do they reinforce harmful beauty standards? Share your views in the comments below, and let's have a conversation about the evolving landscape of beauty and ageing.

Reactions: janj and Dynamo
Sponsored
I worked for a Plastic - NOT cosmetic - Surgeon for four years. I loved my job, but I didn't believe in surgical body modification when I started, and I still didn't believe in it when I left. It's easy to understand young people with all their insecurities wanting to change their bodies, but not older, presumably wiser women.

This type of surgery is not without risk, some procedures can be dangerous. We are what we are, where does this body shame come from?

One of my daughters had two breast enlargements done , the 2nd one was to fix something he did wrong in the first one.

When she had it done I asked why would you do this ???

Cosmetic surgery is more seen as normal today with open topics through social media .

Problem is with breast implants you need them replaced every 10 years.

Turns out the surgeon who performed this was actually not a surgeon. It is close to 10 years and there is a chance they are leaking. I went with her to my surgeon and he said he can remove them

Hopefully she will go ahead and have them removed before Xmas.

Unless it's for medical reasons we need to appreciate and be happy with what we were born with .

I've seen cosmetic surgery which looks absolutely horrible, where the woman's face looks plastic

Last edited:
Why women think they need to endure painful cosmetic procedures to try and make themselves supposedly “more attractive or whatever else” is beyond me. People need to be happy with what they are born with. Some of the results of cosmetic surgery, including lip fillers etc are so horrific it makes them look worse than they were. No matter what they have done age will catch up with them and some of them will look like they belong in a horror movie. some younger ones already look they belong in a horror movie. I also wonder and have asked my teenage grand daughters who have long fake fingernails how they wipe their butt without doing themselves an injury or losing their fingernails. I have never been given an answer to that question, just usually a silly grin.

Why women think they need to endure painful cosmetic procedures to try and make themselves supposedly “more attractive or whatever else” is beyond me. People need to be happy with what they are born with. Some of the results of cosmetic surgery, including lip fillers etc are so horrific it makes them look worse than they were. No matter what they have done age will catch up with them and some of them will look like they belong in a horror movie. some younger ones already look they belong in a horror movie. I also wonder and have asked my teenage grand daughters who have long fake fingernails how they wipe their butt without doing themselves an injury or losing their fingernails. I have never been given an answer to that question, just usually a silly grin.
There was a lady at work who came in one day with her lops so swollen, I asked her if she had an allergic reaction , she said no. Then another college told me she had lip fillers done the day before. Her lips looked horrible even after the swelling went down.

I know someone else who had botox to fix the wrinkles in her face. She became addicted to getting it done and after 2 years she looked plastic and she couldn't even smile. Again Why !!

I find that now I am told most women in the US have some cosmetic procedures /Botox regularly.. including my own nieces ( all are professional). I was surprised to hear that from my sister.
I see all these young women looking the same with their pouting, overblown lips and the same cosmetic makeup, using the same poses...like the sheep of each generation, they follow trends, not create individualism, which does not mean you have to be that different, just be yourself! If you don't like that, then go use fake to feel good. Many procedures are non-reversible as we have all seen in those fail pictures.

Reactions: BellaB18 and Joydie