I received an email from 'Netflix' regarding their inability to access the month's payment. I phoned Netflix, it was obviously a scam. Also, a phone message that my passport had expired. Since I have no plans to ever travel again, this, too, was a scam. If I'm ever in doubt, I phone the provider.

I received a message from Coles (supposedly) in the early hours of this morning stating that I’m about to lose my 3,283 points if I don’t redeem soon. Wonder what I did to achieve these points! I didn’t screenshot it just hit delete & report so this must be something new. It’s annoying in the middle of the night.

SPOTIFY SCAN EMAIL

I received an email from Spotify advising that they were having trouble with my account. Concerningly, the Spotify email address was exactly the same as their legitimate one. Nevertheless, I didn't open the message and I contacted Spotify customer support. After checking my account they advised that there were no problems with my account. I reported the email as junk and deleted it. I have since received the email on four more occasions. I continue to report them as junk and delete them.

Reactions: PattiB
I delete so many emails each day that I probably delete authentic ones. But if it’s about not being able to process a payment or whatever, do they really think people will open up a link on the email? I’ll always go through my app or website.

Reactions: TheBear and PattiB
I delete so many emails each day that I probably delete authentic ones. But if it’s about not being able to process a payment or whatever, do they really think people will open up a link on the email? I’ll always go through my app or website.
I once deleted an email from my bank because it was different to their normal ones & also had a different business name. My husband was speaking to them later that day & mentioned the email that I’d deleted. They were rather impressed that I’d noticed a few changes & deleted it. The email was genuine but someone stuffed up when sending it. Goodness knows what else I’ve deleted but too bad.

Reactions: TheBear and DLHM
Over the last 2 weeks I have Supposedly won at least 8 lots of 36 pieces of Tupperware and a trash can from Woolworths ( I don't shop there), 2 complete tool sets and 3 coffee machines from Bunnings and this morning an Iphone 15 pro from Optus, all deleted. My husband asks me every day "what have you won today"

Over the last 2 weeks I have Supposedly won at least 8 lots of 36 pieces of Tupperware and a trash can from Woolworths ( I don't shop there), 2 complete tool sets and 3 coffee machines from Bunnings and this morning an Iphone 15 pro from Optus, all deleted. My husband asks me every day "what have you won today"
I’m also very lucky winning all this stuff that’s fake.

Reactions: DLHM
This one recently turned up. Another scam. Be careful,folks. It looks real…it isn’t!

Attachments

• IMG_0544.jpeg
    IMG_0544.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: DLHM and PattiB
I received an email, supposedly from Cole’s circle via e gift cards, telling me since I’m such a good contributor to Cole’s circle I’m being gifted with a $30 e-gift card to a store of my choice. But hey, don’t tell anyone about it as we don’t want to upset the members who didn’t get this offer. I deleted it, looked too much like a scam, for $30 wasn’t worth the risk or the effort of trying to find out if it was genuine. I did send Cole’s an email to ask if they know anything about it but haven’t received a reply to date.

Reactions: DLHM