Senior NSW national Park access

A Pensioner is able to apply for FREE entry to NSW National Park and they can travel in any vehicle they choose where the vehicle and occupants receive free entry to NSW National Parks.

A Senior retiree who is self funded receive a discounted NSW national park annual entry pass but it must be applied to a single registered vehicle.

This clearly discriminates against NSW seniors as they cannot be taken on outings to National Park's the same as a similar peron on a pension. Self funded retirees are on a fixed income and are able to afford to purchase an annual pass but they should have the same flexibility as pensioners. All seniors have the same requirements. We are often taken out by carers and simply travel in different vehicles. It has been suggested that under such circumstances we should pay full entry fee or the carer should purchase an annual pass.

This is unfair, wrong and discriminating against those who have worked hard to support themselves in return. We are not a burden on taxpayers as we try our best to support ourselves. But why are we discriminated by not being treated similarly to old age pensioners.

I ask for Seniors to receive the same access to NSW national parks. We live next to the Royal National Park. I believe this is totally fair and reasonable.

My wife has purchased an annual pass for her car but often she is busy and I want to visit the Royal with a carer. I have asked at the ticket office and they have refused.

Sponsored