SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #67 - 01/08/2023

Question 1: In which of these films does Whoopi Goldberg dress up as a nun?

Whoopi Goldberg famously dressed up as a nun in the film Sister Act. The film featured Goldberg as Deloris Van Cartier, a lounge singer who goes into hiding in a convent after witnessing a murder.

Question 2: The original name of New York City was what?

New York’s original name was New Amsterdam. When the English took over, it was renamed to honour the Duke of York.

Question 3: Which insect shorted out an early supercomputer and inspired the term ‘computer bug’?

In 1947, a team of computer scientists reported the world’s first computer bug — a moth trapped in their computer at Harvard University.

Question 4: What actor provided the voice for Michael Jackson's song 'Thriller'?

Micheal Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ featured the voice of the late actor Vincent Price thanks to his reputation as a brilliant performer in hit horror films.

Question 5: Who was the first man to travel into space twice?

On March 23, 1965, Astronaut Virgil ‘Gus’ Grissom became the first person to travel into space twice when he and John Young piloted the Gemini 3 spacecraft.

Question 6: How many of the seven dwarves in Snow White have a moustache?

None of the dwarves had moustaches! Of the seven, six had facial hair, but those were beards!

Question 7: Gala, Honeycrisp, and Jazz are all varieties of which fruit?

There are roughly 7,500 varieties of apples grown across the globe, and Gala, Honeycrisp and Jazz are among them.

Question 8: Which vaccine did French microbiologist Louis Pasteur have a hand in developing?

Pasteur is said to have successfully administered the first vaccine for rabies in 1885 to a nine-year-old boy bitten by a rabid dog.

Question 9: What was the original name of Vaseline?

Vaseline, or petroleum jelly, was originally called 'Wonder Jelly’ before its name was changed to what we know today.

Question 10: What animal has the largest eyes in the world?

The largest eyes in the world belong to the Giant Squid! Their eyes have been known to be about 25.54 cm wide.

You got answers correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #67
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #67
Question 3: 🟥

Question 3 , I answered Moth , correct answer was cricket yet in answer block its showing moth.

I never knew the answer just had a guess , what would be inside ,
Screenshot_20230801_070725_Samsung Internet.jpg

Well perhaps there is another “bug” in the system as I answered Moth to question 3…came up as Cricket…explanation certainly indicates Moth.
So from that I am going to claim 80% Not 70% correct answers today

Attachments

• IMG_1791.png
    IMG_1791.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 0
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #67
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
I got question three correct, a moth.

Question 3 , I answered Moth , correct answer was cricket yet in answer block its showing moth.

View attachment 26357
same here, so technically we were correct.....

Whoopi Goldberg famously dressed up as a nun in the film Sister Act. The film featured Goldberg as Deloris Van Cartier, a lounge singer who goes into hiding in a convent after witnessing a murder.

New York’s original name was New Amsterdam. When the English took over, it was renamed to honour the Duke of York.

Question 3: Which insect shorted out an early supercomputer and inspired the term ‘computer bug’?

In 1947, a team of computer scientists reported the world’s first computer bug — a moth trapped in their computer at Harvard University.

Question 4: What actor provided the voice for Michael Jackson's song 'Thriller'?

Micheal Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ featured the voice of the late actor Vincent Price thanks to his reputation as a brilliant performer in hit horror films.

On March 23, 1965, Astronaut Virgil ‘Gus’ Grissom became the first person to travel into space twice when he and John Young piloted the Gemini 3 spacecraft.

None of the dwarves had moustaches! Of the seven, six had facial hair, but those were beards!

There are roughly 7,500 varieties of apples grown across the globe, and Gala, Honeycrisp and Jazz are among them.

Question 8: Which vaccine did French microbiologist Louis Pasteur have a hand in developing?

Pasteur is said to have successfully administered the first vaccine for rabies in 1885 to a nine-year-old boy bitten by a rabid dog.

Vaseline, or petroleum jelly, was originally called 'Wonder Jelly’ before its name was changed to what we know today.

The largest eyes in the world belong to the Giant Squid! Their eyes have been known to be about 25.54 cm wide.

You got answers correct

Question 8: 🟩

I took a guess at Question 3, a moth, and it came up as incorrect, it was the cricket but the explanation underneath the question clearly shows "moth" so I actually got 9 out of 10 correct, not 8.

You got answers correct

Reactions: Jarred Santos
Question 9: 🟥
I put in moth for q3 and it come up as wrong although the answer was correct!!

Reactions: Bullwinkle
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #67
Question 6: 🟥
I need to get some reading in to up my scores! 😀 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Bullwinkle
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #67

View attachment 26357
Mine is the opposite, I picked cricket, but correct answer is moth!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230801-165716_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230801-165716_Samsung Internet.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 0
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #67

I took a guess at Question 3, a moth, and it came up as incorrect, it was the cricket but the explanation underneath the question clearly shows "moth" so I actually got 9 out of 10 correct, not 8.
Same here, would never have thought cricket