SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #52 - 16/07/2023

Question 1: How many days does the Muslim holy month of Ramadan last?

Ramadan lasts for 29-30 days, depending on the sighting of the moon. It is a month of fasting and spiritual reflection for Muslims around the world.

Question 2: Where is the superhero Batman's hometown?

Gotham City first appeared in a Batman comic in 1940 and is described as a dark, crime-ridden metropolis. It's not based on any specific real-life city, but its portrayal often takes on elements of New York City and Chicago.

Question 3: Why did Australian outlaw Ned Kelly wear a homemade suit of armor during his last stand?

Ned Kelly's homemade suit of armor was made from plough steel and simply protected his torso and head. Despite the armor, he was captured and later executed in 1880.

Question 4: In which country were the modern Olympic Games first held?

The first Modern Olympic Games took place in Athens, Greece, in 1896. This event marked the rebirth of the Olympic Games after almost 1,500 years. The ancient Olympic Games were originated in Greece in 776 BC and were celebrated until 393 AD.

Question 5: What is the name of the famous Australian painting depicting a group of women attending a tea party?

The Drover's Wife was painted in 1945 by Australian artist Russell Drysdale. The painting features a group of women at a tea party in an outback setting, showcasing the rural Australian lifestyle.

Question 6: What is the longest-running Broadway musical of all time?

The Phantom of the Opera, composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber, first premiered on Broadway in 1988. It has had over 13,000 performances and continues to run, making it the longest-running Broadway musical in history.

Question 7: In which country was the ancient city of Petra discovered?

Petra, founded as early as 312 BC, is an ancient rock-cut city located in present-day Jordan. It is famous for its unique architecture and was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1985.

Question 8: Which country celebrates the Day of the Dead festival?

The Day of the Dead (Día de Muertos) is a Mexican holiday observed on November 1st and 2nd. It's a time to honor deceased loved ones with vibrant colors, marigold flowers, and traditional food offerings.

Question 9: Which Australian actor played Thor in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films?

Chris Hemsworth first played Thor in 2011, in the film titled "Thor." He has since appeared as the character in several Marvel Cinematic Universe films, as well as the film series' crossover events.

Question 10: Where does the word 'atom' come from?

The word 'atom' comes from the Ancient Greek word 'atomos,' which means 'indivisible.' The concept of the atom was first proposed by Greek philosopher Democritus around 400 BC.

You got answers correct

Reactions: Rity
Will admit I had guessed two including the last one

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #52
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Reactions: Lauren and mOiOz
2nd guessed myself on number 5.
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #52
Question 5: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #52
Question 6: 🟥

90% today….I checked The Drover’s Wife is one single woman…no tea party there!!

Last edited:
SDC Trivia Game #52 - 16/07/2023

Question 1: How many days does the Muslim holy month of Ramadan last?

Ramadan lasts for 29-30 days, depending on the sighting of the moon. It is a month of fasting and spiritual reflection for Muslims around the world.

Question 2: Where is the superhero Batman's hometown?

Gotham City first appeared in a Batman comic in 1940 and is described as a dark, crime-ridden metropolis. It's not based on any specific real-life city, but its portrayal often takes on elements of New York City and Chicago.

Question 3: Why did Australian outlaw Ned Kelly wear a homemade suit of armor during his last stand?

Ned Kelly's homemade suit of armor was made from plough steel and simply protected his torso and head. Despite the armor, he was captured and later executed in 1880.

Question 4: In which country were the modern Olympic Games first held?

The first Modern Olympic Games took place in Athens, Greece, in 1896. This event marked the rebirth of the Olympic Games after almost 1,500 years. The ancient Olympic Games were originated in Greece in 776 BC and were celebrated until 393 AD.

Question 5: What is the name of the famous Australian painting depicting a group of women attending a tea party?

The Drover's Wife was painted in 1945 by Australian artist Russell Drysdale. The painting features a group of women at a tea party in an outback setting, showcasing the rural Australian lifestyle.

Question 6: What is the longest-running Broadway musical of all time?

The Phantom of the Opera, composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber, first premiered on Broadway in 1988. It has had over 13,000 performances and continues to run, making it the longest-running Broadway musical in history.

Question 7: In which country was the ancient city of Petra discovered?

Petra, founded as early as 312 BC, is an ancient rock-cut city located in present-day Jordan. It is famous for its unique architecture and was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1985.

Question 8: Which country celebrates the Day of the Dead festival?

The Day of the Dead (Día de Muertos) is a Mexican holiday observed on November 1st and 2nd. It's a time to honor deceased loved ones with vibrant colors, marigold flowers, and traditional food offerings.

Question 9: Which Australian actor played Thor in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films?

Chris Hemsworth first played Thor in 2011, in the film titled "Thor." He has since appeared as the character in several Marvel Cinematic Universe films, as well as the film series' crossover events.

Question 10: Where does the word 'atom' come from?

The word 'atom' comes from the Ancient Greek word 'atomos,' which means 'indivisible.' The concept of the atom was first proposed by Greek philosopher Democritus around 400 BC.

You got answers correct
How’d I do that loo

What is the name of the famous Australian painting depicting a group of women attending a tea party?
I got 8/10- I looked on the web and cannot find a painting by Drysdale that features a group of woman. His "drover's wife" is a single woman. I checked each of the other titles. I would like a link to it or an image to see what this painting is.

I got 8/10- I looked on the web and cannot find a painting by Drysdale that features a group of woman. His "drover's wife" is a single woman. I checked each of the other titles. I would like a link to it or an image to see what this painting is.
I agree. I know all of those paintings and knew the first one The Bathers wasn't by an Australian artist .

The shearer is a painting of Shearers,

The Pioneer is a wife and hubby boiling a Billie I have a print of this one .

The Drovers wife is a Wife by herself with hubby in the background.

This was one I did get right but only by guessing it.

The only one with a group of women is The Bathers and it's not an Australian artist or tea party

The only painting I really know of a tea party is The Boston Tea Party and an Australia painting I think the name is Victorian tea party but not 100 %

Last edited:
I agree. I know all of those paintings and knew the first one The Bathers wasn't by an Australian artist .

The shearer is a painting of Shearers,

The Pioneer is a wife and hubby boiling a Billie I have a print of this one .

The Drovers wife is a Wife by herself with hubby in the background.

This was one I did get right but only by guessing it.

The only one with a group of women is The Bathers and it's not an Australian artist or tea party

The only painting I really know of a tea party is The Boston Tea Party and an Australia painting I think the name is Victorian tea party but not 100 %
exactly. I'm an art teacher and thought what painting don't I know about by Drysdale. The Australian are - shearers is Tom Roberts, , The pioneer is McCubbin. Now, The Bathers- many artists of painted this title. Australian Arthur Streeton has one called this. Duncan Grant in late 1920s to early 1930s also has a pinning titled this. But I cannot find anything by Drysdale for the tea party.

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #52
Question 1: 🟥

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #52
Question 7: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

I chose The Bathers because it was the only Australian painting I know which depicts a group of women. They aren't having a tea party. I hope whoever set the question checks their answer, because it isn't right.

Question 10: 🟥

Got 9 right. Modern olympics were organised by a Frenchman, but held in Greece. Should have known that

exactly. I'm an art teacher and thought what painting don't I know about by Drysdale. The Australian are - shearers is Tom Roberts, , The pioneer is McCubbin. Now, The Bathers- many artists of painted this title. Australian Arthur Streeton has one called this. Duncan Grant in late 1920s to early 1930s also has a pinning titled this. But I cannot find anything by Drysdale for the tea party.
One of my favourite subjects and teachers in school was art
I wanted to be an art teacher but didn't happen.

I always took my children not only to the various museums but also to the Australian Art gallery

I have a collection of old Australian paintings.

Reactions: Jennylolo