SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #476 - 13/09/2024

Question 1: Who is Batman's butler?

Alfred Pennyworth is Bruce Wayne's loyal and tireless butler, confidant, and surrogate father figure. He has been a key part of the Batman mythos since the character's early days, providing support and guidance to the Dark Knight.

Question 2: If you were studying the etymology of words, what would you be studying?

Etymology is the study of the origins and historical development of words. It looks at how words originated, how their meanings have evolved over time, and how they are related to words in other languages that have the same roots.

Question 3: How many U.S. presidents have been impeached by the House of Representatives?

In U.S. history, three presidents have been impeached by the House of Representatives: Andrew Johnson in 1868, Bill Clinton in 1998, and Donald Trump in 2019 and 2021. However, none of these presidents were convicted and removed from office by the Senate.

Question 4: Why is carbon essential to life on Earth?

Carbon's ability to form stable bonds with many elements, including itself, makes it the chemical basis for all known life. Its complex molecules are central to the structure, function, and metabolism of living cells.

Question 5: What is the term for the formal withdrawal of a state from a union or federation?

Secession is the act of formally withdrawing from a political union or federation, such as when the Southern states seceded from the United States, leading to the American Civil War in the 1860s.

Question 6: When was the last major eruption of Krakatoa?

The last major eruption of Krakatoa, a volcanic island in Indonesia, occurred in 1883. The eruption and subsequent tsunami killed over 36,000 people and the explosion was so loud it was heard 3,000 miles away in Mauritius. The eruption destroyed most of the island and its surrounding archipelago.

Question 7: Where does the mathematical constant pi (π) come from?

Pi (π) is a mathematical constant that is defined as the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter. It is an irrational number, which means it cannot be expressed as a simple fraction and has an infinite number of digits after the decimal point. Pi is approximately equal to 3.14159.

Question 8: What cereal grain is the most widely grown crop worldwide?

Wheat is the most widely cultivated cereal grain globally, being grown on more land area than any other food crop. It is a staple food used to make flour for bread, pasta, and other food products.

Question 9: How many times has Tom Hanks been nominated for an Academy Award?

Tom Hanks has been nominated for an Academy Award 6 times in total, winning twice for Best Actor in a Leading Role for his performances in Philadelphia (1993) and Forrest Gump (1994). His other nominations were for Big (1988), Saving Private Ryan (1998), Cast Away (2000), and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (2019).

Question 10: Which actor played the character of Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series?

Johnny Depp's portrayal of the eccentric pirate Captain Jack Sparrow was a key factor in the massive success of the Pirates of the Caribbean films. Depp's performance earned him widespread acclaim and several award nominations, including an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor for the first film in the series, The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003).

You got answers correct

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #476
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Quest
ion 10: 🟩
US Presidents are as much a mystery to me as US sitcoms and sports. Happy with 7/10 to end the week 🤠

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #476
Question 1: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

After all this time, I have still learnt nothing about superheroes, gave it my best guess and ❌….I can live with that

Last edited:
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #476
Question 1: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Question 4 - The correct answer is actually the least incorrect of the options given.

Question 8 - Looks like I picked the wrong phase of the moon yet again. The next time this question is given, the correct answer will be different! :rolleyes: