SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #472 - 09/09/2024

Question 1: When was Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa painting completed?

The Mona Lisa, one of the most famous paintings in the world, was painted by Leonardo da Vinci between 1503 and 1506. It is a half-length portrait painting of a woman with an enigmatic smile, and is thought to be of Lisa Gherardini, the wife of a wealthy Florentine merchant.

Question 2: Where in the periodic table would you find the noble gases?

The noble gases are found in Group 18, the rightmost column of the periodic table. They are known for their extremely low chemical reactivity due to having a full outer shell of electrons.

Question 3: In Greek mythology, who is the ruler of the underworld?

In Greek mythology, Hades is the god of the underworld. He is the eldest son of Cronus and Rhea, and brother to Zeus and Poseidon. After the overthrow of their father, the three brothers divided the world between them, with Hades receiving the underworld, Zeus the sky, and Poseidon the sea.

Question 4: Which actor played the character Wolverine in the X-Men film series?

Australian actor Hugh Jackman portrayed the iconic character Wolverine in the X-Men films from 2000 to 2017, appearing in nine movies as the mutant with adamantium claws and regenerative healing abilities. His performance helped define the character in popular culture.

Question 5: When did the first episode of the sitcom "Friends" air on television?

The pilot episode of "Friends" premiered on September 22, 1994. The show ran for 10 seasons, with the final episode airing on May 6, 2004, becoming one of the most popular and influential sitcoms of all time.

Question 6: Which Greek philosopher is known for the saying, "I know that I know nothing"?

Socrates, one of the founders of Western philosophy, is credited with the saying "I know that I know nothing." This phrase encapsulates his belief that true wisdom comes from recognizing the limitations of one's own knowledge. Socrates used this philosophical approach, known as Socratic questioning, to encourage critical thinking and to challenge the assumptions of his students and fellow Athenians.

Question 7: When is the Day of the Dead celebrated in Mexico?

The Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) is a Mexican holiday celebrated on November 2nd. It's a time for families to remember and honor their deceased loved ones. Traditions include building altars with offerings of food, flowers, and photos of the departed.

Question 8: Which classic novel by Jules Verne tells the story of Phileas Fogg's attempt to circumnavigate the world in 80 days?

Jules Verne's novel "Around the World in Eighty Days," published in 1873, follows the adventurous journey of Phileas Fogg and his valet Passepartout as they attempt to circumnavigate the globe in just 80 days, inspired by the opening of a new railway section in India. The novel is a classic example of Verne's pioneering science fiction and adventure writing.

Question 9: Where did the legendary King Arthur supposedly live?

Camelot is the legendary castle and court associated with King Arthur, described as the capital of his realm and a symbol of the Arthurian world. The stories locate it somewhere in Great Britain and sometimes associate it with real cities, though its location is ultimately fictional.

Question 10: Which popular sitcom featured a fictional coffee shop called Central Perk?

Central Perk was the iconic coffee shop featured in the hit sitcom Friends. It was a frequent hangout spot for the main characters and served as a backdrop for many memorable scenes throughout the series' 10-season run.

You got answers correct

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #472
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Oh so very easy today….
The regular repeats back again….think it is about time we saw something from “to kill a mockingbird” again!!
I’ll take 10/10, but not much of a brain workout!!!🙄🙄

Last edited:
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #472
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩

Oh so very easy today….
The regular repeats back again….
I’ll take 10/10, but not much of a brain workout!!!🙄🙄
Same here!

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #472
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
I know I would have gotten all ten correct if only I had clicked on the correct answers lol

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #472
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Brain not functioning today...a dear friend passed away, very sad.