SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #464 - 01/09/2024

Question 1: What was the first antibiotic ever discovered?

Penicillin was the first antibiotic discovered by Scottish scientist Alexander Fleming in 1928. Its discovery revolutionized medicine and paved the way for the development of many other antibiotics that have saved countless lives.

Question 2: What is the name of the festival of colors celebrated in India?

Holi is a popular Hindu festival celebrated in India, also known as the "Festival of Colors". It signifies the victory of good over evil and the arrival of spring. During this festival, people playfully throw colored powder and water at each other, creating a vibrant and joyous atmosphere.

Question 3: If animals could speak, which species would be the rudest?

While this question is subjective and humorous, cats are often stereotyped as aloof, independent, and even dismissive of humans, which could be interpreted as rudeness. However, animal behavior is complex and varied, and attributing human traits like rudeness to animals is more of a cultural stereotype than a scientific fact.

Question 4: Why is it important to preserve biodiversity?

Biodiversity is crucial because it provides many essential ecosystem services, such as clean air and water, pollination, pest control, and nutrient cycling. These services are vital for maintaining the health and stability of ecosystems and supporting human well-being.

Question 5: What was the first feature-length animated film in history?

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, released in 1937, was the first full-length cel animated feature film and the earliest Disney animated feature film. It was a groundbreaking achievement in animation and paved the way for future animated classics.

Question 6: How many Tony Awards did the original Broadway production of Hamilton win?

Hamilton, the groundbreaking hip-hop musical about the life of American Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, won 11 Tony Awards in 2016, including Best Musical, Best Original Score, Best Book of a Musical, and several acting awards. This made it one of the most awarded musicals in Tony history.

Question 7: What is the meteorological term for a line of intense thunderstorms that can cause severe weather like hail, strong winds, and even tornadoes?

A squall line is a line of thunderstorms that forms along or ahead of a cold front. These storms can be very intense, often bringing heavy rain, hail, strong winds, and occasionally tornadoes. Squall lines can extend for hundreds of miles and can cause significant damage.

Question 8: Who was the first African American player to play in Major League Baseball in the modern era?

Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in Major League Baseball when he debuted with the Brooklyn Dodgers on April 15, 1947. He went on to have a Hall of Fame career and his number 42 has been retired by all MLB teams.

Question 9: When Batman's parents were murdered, who became his legal guardian?

After the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne, their butler Alfred Pennyworth became the legal guardian of young Bruce Wayne. Alfred raised Bruce and later assisted him in his fight against crime as Batman.

Question 10: Why do we dream?

While the exact purpose of dreams is still a topic of research and debate, many experts believe that dreaming helps the brain process and consolidate memories, aiding in learning and emotional regulation. Dreams may also be a way for the brain to work through complex thoughts and emotions.

You got answers correct

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #464
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

#3…scraping the barrel for a question, when something so far out of left field is asked…why!!!

80% again today

#3…scraping the barrel for a question, when something so far out of left field is asked…why!!!
if you have a cat that question was easy lol

• Haha
Reactions: DLHM and Nevertiki
Question 2: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥

Reactions: Nevertiki
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #464
Question 7: 🟩
Should’ve gotten 90% 🤷🏼‍♀️
I think parrots would be the rudest speakers, depending on what they’ve heard.
My thoughts exactly - and my cat does speak, very distinct Hello, I want, Mum and NOW, so far nothing rude.

• Haha
Reactions: Nevertiki
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #464
Question 8: 🟥