SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #360 - 20/05/2024

Question 1: Where does Holden Caulfield spend most of his time in J.D. Salinger's novel "The Catcher in the Rye"?

The novel follows 16-year-old Holden Caulfield's experiences in New York City in the days following his expulsion from a Pennsylvania prep school. Published in 1951, it has become one of the most famous and iconic coming-of-age stories in American literature.

Question 2: Which of these elements is a liquid at room temperature?

Mercury has a melting point of −38.83 °C and a boiling point of 356.73 °C. It's used in thermometers, barometers, lights, and some electrical switches.

Question 3: When was the dwarf planet Pluto discovered?

Pluto was discovered on February 18, 1930 by American astronomer Clyde Tombaugh at the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona. It was considered the ninth planet in our solar system until its reclassification as a dwarf planet in 2006.

Question 4: Which year did the Berlin Wall fall, leading to the reunification of East and West Germany?

The fall of the Berlin Wall on November 9, 1989 was a pivotal event that marked the end of the Cold War and led to the reunification of Germany in 1990 after being divided since the end of World War II.

Question 5: Where did the Mardi Gras festival originate?

The first Mardi Gras celebration in the United States took place in Mobile, Alabama in 1703. New Orleans began celebrating Mardi Gras in the 1730s after French-Canadian explorer Pierre Le Moyne d'Iberville brought the tradition to Louisiana.

Question 6: Where was the superhero Batman born?

Gotham City is a fictional city appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics, best known as the home of Batman. Writer Bill Finger named the city after the village of Gotham, Nottinghamshire in England.

Question 7: How many tasks did Hercules have to complete as penance?

The Twelve Labors of Hercules are a series of episodes concerning a penance carried out by Heracles, the greatest of the Greek heroes. They were accomplished over 12 years at the service of King Eurystheus.

Question 8: What is the collective noun for a group of flamingos?

A group of flamingos is called a flamboyance, likely due to their flamboyant pink color and showy behavior. Flamingos are highly social birds that live in large colonies that can number in the thousands.

Question 9: Who is known as the "father of the Green Revolution" for developing high-yielding varieties of wheat?

Norman Borlaug received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1970 for his work in developing disease-resistant wheat varieties. His agricultural innovations are credited with saving over a billion people from starvation.

Question 10: If you wanted to see the Eiffel Tower, which city would you visit?

The Eiffel Tower is one of the most recognizable landmarks in the world. It was constructed from 1887 to 1889 as the entrance arch to the 1889 World's Fair. The tower is 324 meters (1,063 ft) tall and was the tallest structure in the world until the Chrysler Building was built in New York City in 1930.

You got answers correct

Reactions: MIZMAC
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #360
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

As you can see, after doing this quiz for sometime now, I still know nothing about Superheroes….🙁

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #360
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Strewth! Miracles really do happen! 🫢 I only ticked Q5 right because it was so odd and couldn’t decide from the rest.

Last edited:
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #360
Question 5: 🟩
Strewth! Miracles really do happen! 🫢 I only ticked Mobile because it was so odd and couldn’t decide from the rest.
That was well played Nevertiki

Reactions: Nevertiki
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #360
Question 1: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥