SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #35 - 29/06/2023

Question 1: Where is the famous archaeological site of "Terracotta Army" located?

The Terracotta Army was discovered in 1974 and consists of over 8,000 soldiers, 130 chariots, and 520 horses. They were created to protect Emperor Qin Shi Huang in his afterlife, and are part of a larger tomb complex.

Question 2: How many times has the musical "The Phantom of the Opera" been performed on Broadway?

"The Phantom of the Opera" is the longest-running show in Broadway history. Since its debut in 1988, it has been performed over 13,000 times and seen by over 140 million people worldwide.

Question 3: When two elements combine to form a new compound, what type of bond is typically formed?

A covalent bond is formed when two elements share electrons to form molecules, such as in the formation of water (H2O). This type of bond is the simplest and most common type of chemical bond found in nature.

Question 4: When was Sigmund Freud's "The Interpretation of Dreams" first published?

"The Interpretation of Dreams" is considered Freud's most famous work, and it introduces the readers to the concept of the unconscious mind, the Oedipus complex, and the importance of dreams in understanding human behavior.

Question 5: Who wrote the music for the Broadway musical "Cats"?

"Cats" is based on T.S. Eliot's 1939 poetry collection "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats." The musical premiered in London in 1981 and became one of the longest-running shows in both the West End and Broadway.

Question 6: What famous prehistoric monument is located in Wiltshire, England?

Stonehenge is estimated to be constructed around 3000 BC to 2000 BC. This ancient monument is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and continues to be a popular attraction for tourists and researchers alike.

Question 7: How old is the Aboriginal culture in Australia, according to recent archaeological findings?

Aboriginal Australians have one of the oldest continuous cultures in the world. New research and artifacts have found evidence of Aboriginal settlements dating back over 65,000 years ago.

Question 8: What is the force that resists the motion between two surfaces in contact?

Friction occurs when two surfaces come into contact and slide against each other, generating heat and opposing motion. It plays an essential role in everyday life, such as allowing us to walk, grip objects, and drive vehicles.

Question 9: The kangaroo and emu are Australia's national animals. What is Australia's national flower?

The Golden Wattle, or Acacia pycnantha, was officially declared as Australia's national flower on September 1, 1988. The bright yellow blossoms signify unity and resilience in the Australian culture.

Question 10: What is the most common blood type in humans?

O Positive blood type is found in around 38% of the global population. This makes it the most common blood type worldwide, and O Positive donors are considered "universal donors" for red blood cells.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #35
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Reactions: Heather Watson
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #35
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩

Question 9: 🟥

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #35

Finally! 😂

ha ha I bet I wasn't the only one who answered a question by remembering an old Monty Python sketch
"this here is the wattle, the emblem of our land. You can stick it in a bottle or hold it in your hand"
crack a tube

Question 2: How many times has the musical "The Phantom of the Opera" been performed on Broadway?

The answer is over 13000 times, therefore all 4 answers would be correct? (5000, 8000, 11000)

• Haha
Reactions: RTS
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #35

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #35

Question 8: 🟥

4 out of 10 but should have been 5 as I am actually an O+ blood type and clicked the wrong one. I believe O+ can give blood to anyone so it is the most common type. Guess it is back to school for me - again!

SDC Trivia Game #35 - 29/06/2023

Question 1: Where is the famous archaeological site of "Terracotta Army" located?

The Terracotta Army was discovered in 1974 and consists of over 8,000 soldiers, 130 chariots, and 520 horses. They were created to protect Emperor Qin Shi Huang in his afterlife, and are part of a larger tomb complex.

"The Phantom of the Opera" is the longest-running show in Broadway history. Since its debut in 1988, it has been performed over 13,000 times and seen by over 140 million people worldwide.

Question 3: When two elements combine to form a new compound, what type of bond is typically formed?

A covalent bond is formed when two elements share electrons to form molecules, such as in the formation of water (H2O). This type of bond is the simplest and most common type of chemical bond found in nature.

Question 4: When was Sigmund Freud's "The Interpretation of Dreams" first published?

"The Interpretation of Dreams" is considered Freud's most famous work, and it introduces the readers to the concept of the unconscious mind, the Oedipus complex, and the importance of dreams in understanding human behavior.

Question 5: Who wrote the music for the Broadway musical "Cats"?

"Cats" is based on T.S. Eliot's 1939 poetry collection "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats." The musical premiered in London in 1981 and became one of the longest-running shows in both the West End and Broadway.

Question 6: What famous prehistoric monument is located in Wiltshire, England?

Stonehenge is estimated to be constructed around 3000 BC to 2000 BC. This ancient monument is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and continues to be a popular attraction for tourists and researchers alike.

Question 7: How old is the Aboriginal culture in Australia, according to recent archaeological findings?

Aboriginal Australians have one of the oldest continuous cultures in the world. New research and artifacts have found evidence of Aboriginal settlements dating back over 65,000 years ago.

Question 8: What is the force that resists the motion between two surfaces in contact?

Friction occurs when two surfaces come into contact and slide against each other, generating heat and opposing motion. It plays an essential role in everyday life, such as allowing us to walk, grip objects, and drive vehicles.

Question 9: The kangaroo and emu are Australia's national animals. What is Australia's national flower?

The Golden Wattle, or Acacia pycnantha, was officially declared as Australia's national flower on September 1, 1988. The bright yellow blossoms signify unity and resilience in the Australian culture.

Question 10: What is the most common blood type in humans?

O Positive blood type is found in around 38% of the global population. This makes it the most common blood type worldwide, and O Positive donors are considered "universal donors" for red blood cells.

You got answers correct
*8 out of 10 today not too bad have to brush up on the science so I can get those right & have to read other questions more carefully as I knew the answer to no 8 just didn't understand the question as I didn't read it properly.

The last answer is incorrect. O negative is the Universal donor blood type not O positive
Yes I also thought it was 0 negative, but there was no negative so I put 0 positive!!
Knowing in hindsight it was wrong 😑

Yessssss!!!
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #35