SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #328 - 18/04/2024

Question 1: When did the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche first use the phrase "God is dead"?

Nietzsche first introduced the phrase "Gott ist tot" (God is dead) in his 1882 collection The Gay Science (Die fröhliche Wissenschaft). He expanded upon the concept in later works like Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

Question 2: How many keys are there on a standard piano?

The 88 keys on a standard piano are made up of 52 white keys and 36 black keys. The white keys represent the musical tones A, B, C, D, E, F and G, and the black keys represent the half step intervals between those notes.

Question 3: Why was the company Apple originally named Apple?

Steve Jobs said he chose the name Apple because it sounded "fun, spirited and not intimidating." He also said the name would come before Atari in the phone book, an early competitor.

Question 4: Which greenhouse gas is most abundant in Earth's atmosphere?

While carbon dioxide is often the focus when discussing greenhouse gases, water vapor is actually the most abundant. It's estimated that water vapor accounts for about 60-70% of the Earth's greenhouse effect.

Question 5: If uncoiled, approximately how long would the average adult's small intestine be?

The small intestine is a long, highly coiled tube connecting the stomach to the large intestine. While 20 feet long on average when uncoiled, its many folds allow it to fit compactly in the abdominal cavity. The small intestine is where most nutrient absorption takes place during digestion.

Question 6: Who played the character of Captain Jean-Luc Picard in the TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation?

British actor Patrick Stewart portrayed the commanding officer of the USS Enterprise-D, Captain Jean-Luc Picard, in 178 episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation from 1987 to 1994. He reprised the role in several Star Trek films and the Star Trek: Picard series.

Question 7: If you plant an acorn, what type of tree will grow?

Acorns are the seeds of oak trees. There are over 600 species of oaks found all over the world, including the white oak, red oak, cork oak, and live oak.

Question 8: Why do fewer people live in Earth's polar regions compared to other regions?

Earth's polar regions around the North and South poles have extremely cold temperatures, heavy snow and ice cover, and long periods of darkness in winter. These harsh conditions make the Arctic and Antarctic challenging places for humans to permanently inhabit compared to more temperate and tropical regions.

Question 9: In Norse mythology, what is the name of the mischievous god known for his shape-shifting abilities?

Loki is often portrayed as a trickster figure in Norse mythology. He is the father of Fenrir, the wolf; Jörmungandr, the world serpent; and Hel, the goddess of the underworld.

Question 10: Who wrote the famous play "Waiting for Godot"?

Samuel Beckett was an Irish avant-garde novelist, playwright, and poet. "Waiting for Godot", written in 1949, is Beckett's best-known work and a classic of the Theatre of the Absurd genre.

You got answers correct

I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #328
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥
Down again!

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #328
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

• Wow
Reactions: Da Freddo
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #328
Question 2: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

Reactions: steelo5
I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #328
Question 7: 🟥
Im back to the losers club but i dont care. :) ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Da Freddo
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #328
Question 4: 🟩

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #328
Question 7: 🟥
Im back to the losers club but i dont care. :) ;)
Aw get out of here, your lapping it up, like the cat who got the cream!! 🐈🐱😺

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #328
Question 3: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Quest