SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #326 - 16/04/2024

Question 1: Who was the legendary outlaw who supposedly robbed from the rich and gave to the poor?

While there is little historical evidence that Robin Hood truly existed, stories about the heroic outlaw first appeared in English folk ballads in the 15th century. Over time, Robin Hood came to be known as a highly skilled archer and swordsman.

Question 2: What was the name of The Beatles' first #1 hit single in the US?

"I Want to Hold Your Hand" reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in February 1964, marking the beginning of the British Invasion in American pop music. The song stayed at #1 for 7 weeks and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Question 3: What comedy series holds the record for the most Emmy Award nominations?

Saturday Night Live has been nominated for over 270 Emmy Awards since its debut in 1975. As of 2021, the show has won 81 Emmys, making it one of the most awarded shows in television history.

Question 4: Where did Thor, the Norse god of thunder, live?

In Norse mythology, Asgard was one of the Nine Worlds and home to the Æsir tribe of gods, which included Thor. It was located in the sky, connected to Midgard (Earth) by the rainbow bridge Bifröst.

Question 5: Who wrote the famous Chinese text "The Art of War"?

Sun Tzu was a Chinese general, military strategist, and philosopher who lived in the Eastern Zhou period of ancient China. "The Art of War" is an influential work of military strategy that has affected both Western and East Asian philosophy and military thinking.

Question 6: When is the Hindu festival of Diwali typically celebrated?

Diwali, the Hindu "festival of lights", is celebrated on the 15th day of the Hindu month of Kartik, which usually falls in October or November on the Gregorian calendar. The festival celebrates the spiritual victory of light over darkness.

Question 7: If the average tire has a tread life of approximately 50,000 miles, how many times would you expect to replace the tires on your vehicle if you drove it for 200,000 miles?

Tires are one of the most important safety features on a vehicle. It's recommended to rotate tires every 5,000 to 8,000 miles to ensure even wear and maximize tread life.

Question 8: What is the most visited country in the world?

France welcomed over 89 million international visitors in 2019, making it the world's top tourist destination. The Eiffel Tower is the most-visited paid monument in the world.

Question 9: Which company was the first in the world to be valued at over $1 trillion?

In August 2018, Apple became the first publicly traded U.S. company to reach a $1 trillion market capitalization. Apple was founded in 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne.

Question 10: What is the highest-grossing movie of all time?

Avatar, directed by James Cameron, was released in 2009 and grossed over $2.8 billion worldwide. It held the record for highest-grossing movie for nearly 10 years until it was briefly surpassed by Avengers: Endgame in 2019. However, a re-release of Avatar in China in 2021 pushed it back to the top spot.

You got answers correct

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #326
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #326
Question 6: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

The Robin Hood question appeared at least three times in the past week. I would like to see more variety. Plus in Australia, tyres are used on wheels, not tires.

Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥

Question 6: 🟥

I'm very happy with this score.

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #326
Question 5: 🟩

Got to be happy with 90%..😊

Once again many repeated questions….suppose that helps with getting the correct answers, doesn’t do much for the thought process though!!!

Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Quest
ion 10: 🟥
Crawling out of the abyss 😎

Q7 does not make sense. If the life of a tire is $50000 kms you would replace it for third time on 200,000kms. If you meant how many times would you shuffle them around, you should ask it that way

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #326
Question 3: 🟩
😁