SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #315 - 05/04/2024

Question 1: Which rock band released the hit album "Nevermind" in 1991?

Nirvana's "Nevermind" was a landmark album that brought grunge and alternative rock into the mainstream. It features the hit single "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and has sold over 30 million copies worldwide.

Question 2: What was the name of the famous American bank robber who was killed in 1934?

John Dillinger was a notorious bank robber during the Great Depression era. He was shot and killed by FBI agents outside the Biograph Theater in Chicago in July 1934.

Question 3: Who painted the famous work 'The Persistence of Memory', which features melting clocks?

'The Persistence of Memory' is considered one of Dalí's most recognizable works. It's an example of surrealism, an art movement Dalí was closely associated with. The painting is thought to be a commentary on the fluidity and relativity of time.

Question 4: Why is the chemical element mercury (Hg) liquid at room temperature?

Mercury is the only metal that is liquid at standard conditions for temperature and pressure. Its atoms are held together by weak intermolecular forces, resulting in a low melting point of -38.83°C (-37.89°F). This allows mercury to remain in a liquid state at room temperature, unlike other metals.

Question 5: Where is the wettest place on Earth?

Mawsynram receives an average of 467 inches (11,872 mm) of rainfall per year. Cherrapunji, also located in India, held the record for the wettest place on Earth until recent years when Mawsynram surpassed it.

Question 6: Which type of rock is formed from molten lava?

Igneous rocks are formed through the cooling and solidification of magma or lava. The word "igneous" comes from the Latin word "ignis" meaning fire, referencing the rock's fiery origins.

Question 7: When did the first episode of Saturday Night Live air?

The first episode was hosted by comedian George Carlin and featured musical guests Janis Ian and Billy Preston. The original cast included Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Jane Curtin, Garrett Morris, Laraine Newman, and Gilda Radner.

Question 8: When was the Berlin Wall torn down?

The fall of the Berlin Wall on November 9, 1989 was a pivotal event that marked the falling of the Iron Curtain and the start of the end of the Cold War between the Eastern Bloc and Western powers. In the weeks following the fall, East and West Germans alike chipped away at the wall, which had divided the city for 28 years.

Question 9: What percentage of the human body is made up of water?

The amount of water in the human body varies by age, sex, and body fat percentage. Babies have the highest percentage of water, around 78% at birth. Adult men average around 60% water while adult women average 55% due to having more body fat.

Question 10: What is the most widely spoken language in Brazil?

Brazil is the largest Portuguese-speaking country in the world, with over 200 million Portuguese speakers. Portuguese was introduced to Brazil in the 16th century during the Portuguese colonization of the Americas.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #315
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩
🤔In Q4 both A and B are correct according to the explanation?

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #315
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩
Steady!