SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #314 - 04/04/2024

Question 1: If uncoiled, approximately how long would the small intestine be in an adult human?

The small intestine is a long, coiled tube connecting the stomach to the large intestine. While 20 feet long on average when uncoiled, it is tightly packed into the abdominal cavity. The small intestine is where most chemical digestion and absorption of nutrients takes place.

Question 2: Which Italian city is home to the famous Leaning Tower?

The Leaning Tower of Pisa is actually the freestanding bell tower of the city's cathedral. It began to lean during construction in the 12th century due to an inadequate foundation and unstable soil.

Question 3: Who played the character Harley Quinn in the 2016 film "Suicide Squad"?

Australian actress Margot Robbie received critical acclaim for her portrayal of the DC Comics villain Harley Quinn.

Question 4: How many companies are included in the Dow Jones Industrial Average?

The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) is a stock market index that tracks 30 large, publicly-owned companies trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the Nasdaq. The DJIA is one of the oldest and most-watched stock market indexes.

Question 5: What invention is Charles Babbage famous for conceptualizing?

In the 1800s, Babbage designed the Analytical Engine, considered the first general-purpose mechanical computer. While it was never fully built, his work laid important foundations for modern computing.

Question 6: What was the name of the first space shuttle to be launched into orbit?

Columbia was the first space shuttle to fly in space, launching on its maiden voyage on April 12, 1981. It completed 27 missions before being lost during re-entry in 2003.

Question 7: Which ancient civilization built the Machu Picchu complex in Peru?

Machu Picchu was built around 1450 AD at the height of the Inca Empire. It is believed to have been constructed as an estate for the Inca emperor Pachacuti. The site was abandoned just over 100 years later, around the time of the Spanish conquest of the Inca Empire in the 1570s.

Question 8: How many sides does a heptadecagon have?

A heptadecagon is a polygon with 17 sides. The name comes from the Greek words "hepta" meaning seven, "deca" meaning ten, and "gonia" meaning angle.

Question 9: Why was the Rosetta Stone important for deciphering ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs?

The Rosetta Stone, discovered in 1799, was the key to deciphering ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. Because it contained the same text in both hieroglyphs and Greek, scholars were able to use their knowledge of Greek to begin to decipher the meaning of the hieroglyphs for the first time.

Question 10: Why does it get colder at higher elevations?

As elevation increases, air pressure decreases because there is less atmosphere pushing down from above. Lower air pressure means molecules are more spread out, making the air less effective at retaining heat. That's why mountainous areas have colder temperatures than lower elevations at the same latitude.

You got answers correct

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #314
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
Hmm. Improving. Slowly.

Reactions: Da Freddo
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #314
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #314
Question 3: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
😁

• Wow
Reactions: Da Freddo
Libya, Myanmar and the USA are the only countries in the world that still use the imperial system of weights and measures. Why oh why did you use 'feet' in question 1.

Reactions: Veggiepatch
Libya, Myanmar and the USA are the only countries in the world that still use the imperial system of weights and measures. Why oh why did you use 'feet' in question 1.
Apart from the answer is incorrect, small intestine varies greatly from 10' up to 30'. Most likely answer to your question is something to do with these trivia questions come from an American source. Wasn't the length of a cricket pitch often referenced as the same length of the small intestine? (22')

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #314

Just something about this set of questions that clicked with my knowledge.
I also thought the small intestine in length was 22feet, so when that was not there I went with the closest. 😊😊

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #314

Just something about this set of questions that clicked with my knowledge.
I also thought the small intestine in length was 22feet, so when that was not there I went with the closest. 😊😊
Well, who's a clever boy? And what's your name?? 😺😺

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #314
Question 9: 🟥

Apart from the answer is incorrect, small intestine varies greatly from 10' up to 30'. Most likely answer to your question is something to do with these trivia questions come from an American source. Wasn't the length of a cricket pitch often referenced as the same length of the small intestine? (22')
Buggered if I know.

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #314
Question 4: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Quest