SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #310 - 31/03/2024

Question 1: Which organ is responsible for filtering and detoxifying the blood?

The liver is a critical organ that processes nutrients from food, makes bile, removes toxins from the body, and builds proteins. It also plays an important role in blood clotting and other functions.

Question 2: Which 1997 film directed by James Cameron went on to become one of the highest-grossing films of all time?

"Titanic" not only captivated audiences with its epic storytelling but also with its impressive special effects and moving score by James Horner. It won 11 Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Director, and held the title of highest-grossing film until it was surpassed by Cameron's own "Avatar" in 2009.

Question 3: What is the term for the zero point of thermal energy?

Absolute Zero, 0 degrees Kelvin or -273.15 degrees Celsius, is theoretically the coldest possible temperature where the particles within a substance would have minimal vibrational motion indicating the absence of thermal energy. It has never been reached but has been closely approached in laboratory conditions.

Question 4: How many fingers, including the thumb, does Mickey Mouse have on each hand?

Mickey Mouse, the classic Disney character created by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks, is traditionally depicted with three fingers and a thumb on each hand. This is common in animation, as fewer fingers are easier to animate and more visually appealing. Mickey made his first public appearance in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Question 5: Where did the tradition of the Christmas tree originate?

The tradition of decorating Christmas trees began in Germany in the 16th century. It became more widespread in the 19th century, when Queen Victoria's German husband, Prince Albert, brought the tradition to England. It then spread to America and other parts of the world.

Question 6: What is considered the most widely spoken native language in the world?

Mandarin Chinese, a group of related Chinese dialects spoken across most of northern and southwestern China, has more than a billion native speakers. While English is often cited as the most widely spoken language globally, it includes both native and non-native speakers. Mandarin leads when considering only native speakers.

Question 7: Which planet is known for its extensive ring system?

Saturn is recognized by its well-known ring system, which consists of ice particles, rocky debris, and dust. While Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune also have ring systems, they are not as prominent or as complex as Saturn's. Saturn's rings can be seen with a small telescope from Earth.

Question 8: In Greek mythology, who was punished for hubris by being compelled to roll a boulder endlessly up a hill?

Sisyphus was the king of Ephyra (now known as Corinth). He was punished by the gods for his self-aggrandizing craftiness and deceitfulness. As a result, in the underworld, he was forced to roll an immense boulder up a hill, only for it to roll down when it nears the top, repeating this action for eternity.

Question 9: Which French fashion designer is known for popularizing the "Little Black Dress"?

Coco Chanel is credited with turning the Little Black Dress into a fashion staple. Her designs emphasized comfort and elegance, and the concept of a simple, versatile black dress was revolutionary in an era when black was primarily worn for mourning. Chanel introduced the idea in the 1920s, and it has since become a classic wardrobe essential.

Question 10: Which company was founded first?

J.P. Morgan & Co. was founded in 1871 by John Pierpont Morgan and is one of the oldest banks in the United States. On the other hand, Ford Motor Company was established in 1903, Amazon in 1994, and Apple in 1976. J.P. Morgan & Co. played a significant role in shaping the modern banking system and was involved in some of the largest mergers and financial undertakings in the early 20th century.

You got answers correct

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #310
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #310
Question 1: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩
Wow! Best yet! 😺Found Q6 tricky – did widely mean more people or more countries?

Reactions: DLHM
Question 8: 🟥

Reactions: Nevertiki
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #310
Question 4: 🟥

😊😊😊

Happy Easter to all…enjoy your Easter chocolates!! A little bit of what you like, never did any “harm”…

Reactions: DLHM and Nevertiki
Question 7: 🟥

Very good score for me lately

80%- The question of how many digits Mickey has sparked a heated debate among Disney fans! It all began when a famous Disney artist, Les Clark, famously revealed that he drew the mouse with four fingers and a thumb in the original cartoons – a stark contrast to the three-fingered glove Mickey wears today.

Q10 states DJPMorgan and your answer says JPMorgan- misleading, even a typo.

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #310 The Mandarin Chinese always gets me!
Question 6: 🟥

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #310
Whoah! ME????? 80%????? What is happening to me??? Well done, amazing what a lot of chocolate can do!!!!

80%- The question of how many digits Mickey has sparked a heated debate among Disney fans! It all began when a famous Disney artist, Les Clark, famously revealed that he drew the mouse with four fingers and a thumb in the original cartoons – a stark contrast to the three-fingered glove Mickey wears today.

Q10 states DJPMorgan and your answer says JPMorgan- misleading, even a typo.
Q10’s fifth option D. = J.P. Morgan. No typo, just unfortunate that the answer begins with initials.

Reactions: Jennylolo and DLHM
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #310
Equal best for me! 😁

The question is, how many FINGERS INCLUDING THE thumb does micky have?
The answer is a resounding 3 fingers!!!
The thumb is not classed as a finger because it is a THUMB.
THE CORRECT ANSWER IS 3 FINGERS..NOT 4..
The defense rests your Honour!!
Yes, I scored 50% under default. Not happy JAN!! 😾 😾

Reactions: Bullwinkle