SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #302 - 23/03/2024

Question 1: The Beaufort Scale is used to estimate what?

The Beaufort Scale was developed in 1805 by Sir Francis Beaufort, an Irish Royal Navy officer. It is a measure that relates wind speed to observed conditions at sea or on land. Its initial use was to help sailors judge the wind's force, but it is now used by meteorologists worldwide.

Question 2: Which TV show won the first Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series?

The first Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series was awarded in 1955, and The United States Steel Hour won the award. This anthology series featured different stories and a cast each week and was among the most prestigious of its kind during the golden age of television.

Question 3: Who was the Greek goddess of the hunt?

Artemis is known as the goddess of the wilderness, the hunt, and wild animals, as well as childbirth. She was the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin sister of Apollo. She is often depicted with a bow and arrow.

Question 4: Who is known for the development of the laws of classical mechanics and the law of universal gravitation?

Sir Isaac Newton's work laid the foundation for classical mechanics, which is fundamental to physics. His Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica ("Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy"), first published in 1687, is among the most important works in the history of science.

Question 5: What is the real name of the character Iron Man in the comic books?

Iron Man, also known as Tony Stark, is a character published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Stan Lee, developed by scripter Larry Lieber, and designed by artists Don Heck and Jack Kirby, he first appeared in "Tales of Suspense" #39 in March 1963. Tony Stark is an industrialist, genius inventor, and consummate playboy who is CEO of Stark Industries.

Question 6: What animal is the national emblem of Canada?

The North American Beaver (Castor canadensis) was made an official emblem of Canada in 1975 due to its historical significance in the country’s fur trade, playing a crucial role in the development and growth of Canada.

Question 7: What year did Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak found Apple Computer, Inc.?

Apple Computer, Inc., now known simply as Apple Inc., was founded on April 1, 1976, by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne. The company was incorporated on January 3, 1977, without Wayne who sold his share of the company back to Jobs and Wozniak for $800. Apple has since become one of the largest and most influential technology companies in the world.

Question 8: What was the name of the first programmable computer?

The Z3 was invented by Konrad Zuse in 1941 in Berlin and is considered the world's first fully automatic, programmable computer. It was able to store programs on external tape, making it reprogrammable for different tasks.

Question 9: What is the largest religious monument in the world?

Angkor Wat, originally constructed as a Hindu temple dedicated to the god Vishnu, later became a Buddhist temple. It is located in Cambodia and covers an area of over 400 acres (1.6 square kilometers). It was built by the Khmer King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century.

Question 10: The phenomenon where a fluid flows in parallel layers with no disruption between them is known as what?

Laminar flow is characterized by smooth, constant fluid motion. In contrast, turbulent flow is chaotic. Laminar flow is often preferred in applications where it is important to control the movement of the fluid, like in piping systems for sensitive chemicals.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #302
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #302
Question 9: 🟩

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #302
Question 1: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥

Poor effort 🙄

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #302
Question 1: 🟥
😐

Never heard of the Z3 computer. I should have stuck to Rule Number 1 of Trivia - if you haven't heard of one of the answers offered, that is the answer!

I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #302
Question 4: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #302
Question 5: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩

4 wrong guesses today.

70% Yeah, pretty normal, for one who according to "SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED",
Thinks that I'm not NORMAL.. { At least my cat 😸 loves me!! }

Veggiepatch, we think alike on question 8… in future I am going to use your theory….if I have never heard of one of the answer that’s the one to go with 🤣🤣🤣

Question 10: 🟥
Im on Fire.:mad: