SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #258 - 08/02/2024

Question 1: What is the value of pi to two decimal places?

Pi (π) is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter. While 3.14 is an approximation used at a basic level, pi is an irrational number and has been calculated to over one trillion digits beyond the decimal point.

Question 2: How many times was Elizabeth Taylor married?

Elizabeth Taylor was married eight times to seven husbands (Richard Burton being two of those eight marriages). She was known not only for her acting career but also for her colorful personal life.

Question 3: What is the name of the vitamin commonly known as ascorbic acid?

Vitamin C is an essential nutrient involved in the repair of tissue and the enzymatic production of certain neurotransmitters. It's also known for its role in immune system function and is found in various foods including citrus fruits, tomatoes, and potatoes. Deficiency in Vitamin C can lead to scurvy.

Question 4: How many bones are in the adult human body?

An adult human body has 206 bones, while a newborn baby has about 270 bones. As we grow older, some bones fuse together resulting in a lower total number of bones in adults.

Question 5: What type of rock is formed from the cooling and solidification of lava or magma?

Igneous rocks form through the cooling and solidification of magma or lava. This process can happen beneath the Earth's surface, forming intrusive igneous rocks, or on the surface following a volcanic eruption, creating extrusive igneous rocks. Examples of igneous rocks include granite and basalt.

Question 6: When was the Hubble Space Telescope launched into space?

The Hubble Space Telescope was launched on April 24, 1990, aboard the Space Shuttle Discovery (STS-31 mission). It has provided unprecedented views of the universe and greatly contributed to the field of astronomy.

Question 7: What is the national animal of Canada?

The North American beaver became the official emblem of Canada in 1975. It represents the country's history through its role in the fur trade during the colonial era.

Question 8: What is the name of the hammer wielded by Thor, the Norse god of thunder?

Mjölnir is one of the most fearsome weapons in Norse mythology, capable of leveling mountains. Only Thor is strong enough to lift the hammer, and it is said to return to his hand after being thrown.

Question 9: Who painted "The Starry Night"?

Vincent van Gogh painted "The Starry Night" in 1889 during his stay at the Saint-Paul-de-Mausole asylum in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, France. The piece is renowned for its swirling night sky and has become one of van Gogh's most famous works.

Question 10: Which country is home to the most native speakers of Spanish?

Despite the language originating from Spain, Mexico has the largest population of native Spanish speakers, with estimates suggesting that there are over 120 million Spanish speakers in Mexico.

You got answers correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #258
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #258
Question 2: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

Still trying

Reactions: magpie1
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #258
😁

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #258
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #258
Question 6: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #258
Question 1: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩

I only remember the Hubble Telescope date because it was the year my son was born. Otherwise wouldn't have had a clue. LOL